What would you want to see in another Hulk movie?

Hulk to me is a case study of Banner's psyche and I enjoy trying to understand Him.

There are at least two other posters on this forum who's names I'm familiar with that I've seen recently post, who I know for a fact, know as much about Hulk as I do and that's ArtTeacher and CrackerJack and I know of others that blow me away. There's probably more on this board, I just have a bigger mouth. :woot:

If you can find The Incredible Hulk Omnibus which collects the Hulk's earliest tales from his origin to the Tales to Astonish days, you'll be able to see clearly where writers like Bill Mantlo, Peter David and Greg Pak got their exploration of the Hulk from.

There are too many single issues to name, but writers such as Len Wein, Steve Englehart, Roger Stern along with Bill Mantlo wrote a Savage Hulk that no one can compare. After reading their Savage/Child-like Hulk, you'll understand why I get defensive when people call him dumb or a raging beast. The way they developed him, he was far from.

Tell me if you want specific issues only.

All of Peter's David's Visionaries (a collection of his run) are a must for any serious Hulk fan.

Hulk The End Hardback which collect two of the best Hulk tales Future Imperfect and The End

Peace In Our Time is a prelude to Planet Hulk a must Have.

I would probably say Bill Mantlo (with Sal Buscema's art) could be the definitive run. Can't remember if Roger Stern wrote the Hulk while Sal was on the book. Will have to check. I would probably go by Sal's (as the artist) run than by the writers' run as that is pretty much the definitive classic Hulk to me.

Well, as you know Jarvis the butler has been replaced by an intelligent computer system so the role Hulk will play will be the sexy maid, complete with revealing panties and feather duster.

His major role will be removing cobwebs from Avengers mansion.

I'm actually hoping for She-Hulk to be dressed like that. She could totally pull off that look.

I would probably say Bill Mantlo (with Sal Buscema's art) could be the definitive run. Can't remember if Roger Stern wrote the Hulk while Sal was on the book. Will have to check. I would probably go by Sal's (as the artist) run than by the writers' run as that is pretty much the definitive classic Hulk to me.

Bill Mantlo's run set up the stage for Peter David and others to revisit and explore some old and new Hulk incarnations.

Sal did draw the book when Roger Stern was writing the title from issues #218 to #243 and also a couple of Annuals.

I'm actually hoping for She-Hulk to be dressed like that. She could totally pull off that look.

Well, she has worn it before...
scaled.php

Seriously though, I hope she wears her uniform from the Peter David run. She looked fantastic.

Well, she has worn it before...
scaled.php

Seriously though, I hope she wears her uniform from the Peter David run. She looked fantastic.

Well I don't mind if she wears a uniform part of the time, as long as she has her original torn white dress at some point. That is sexy. I was never a fan of Dan Slott's take on her though. It's too much like Ally McBeal. I could probably stomach a toned down version similar to Fairly Legal with Sarah Shahi, but not much more than that.

hmm, I think She Hulk deserves more than just fan service.

Back on topic, Love what del Toro said today about the Hulk telly show!

http://www.fearnet.com/news/interviews/b23356_exclusive_guillermo_del_toro_stan_lee.html

He's so creative and I love how he said he wants Hulk to be real and now. I adore when comic book characters are treated like that.

I also love that he mentioned it should be a scary experience to turn into the Hulk. That's something I've missed from both movies. The dread that occurs when Banner knows he can't control the transformation.

I liked hearing Stan talk about the Hulk vs Banner struggle, but wanted to slap del Toro's fat face for the blatant sucking up to Loeb.

God I hope Poochie doesn't show up on that show.

I just hope Del Toro and Eick are reading Greg Pak's and Peter David's runs as well.

I read an old interview wherein Stan Lee first had a problem with Universal Studio's and Kenneth Johnson taking away Hulk's ability to speak, later after the success of the show he thought it was a good thing, now with the lukewarm reception of two big Hollywood films, I'm glad he realizes his first instinct was the best. The Jekyll and Hyde struggle is part of the character that makes him interesting and it needs to explored and exploited properly in film.

What I truly would love to see in another Hulk movie is a script by Peter Allen David and Greg Pak with Greg Pak as the director. If Whedon can do it and Marvel goes with Brian Kirk as the director of Thor...Why Not? It's Marvel Studios only chance of bringing this franchise out of mediocrity by putting the character in capable hands.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0657062/#Director

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0203035/

Last edited:
I love Greg Pak... Not sure he could direct but him having a hand in a script would be great. Just keep Jeff Loeb away! I'd really like to see them bring back Samuel Sterns and have be the Leader as was teased in the first film.

If they make another Hulk movie and he looks half as good as the art for the Avengers, I'll be happy...

After seeing the new planet of the apes, I'm convinced an intelligent Hulk would be just fine concerning the GA.

The Hulk speaking in any of his big screen movies should never have been an issue. The only real debate should have been about which incarnation to introduce first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"