Sequels What do you want to see in a sequel?

I want Shuma Gorath and Ebora to be the villains. Make it about Strange hunting for a strange grimoire which leads him to a small town in Maine where Strange encounters a dangerous cult led by Ebora who seek to evoke Shuma Gorath, eater of universes and the other many-angled ones of the Chaos Dimension. Strange's only chance to succeed is to perform his own forbidden ritual from the darkest of black magicks. Only a faltine is powerful enough to defeat a many-angled one and while Dormammu himself is too dangerous to summon, his niece may not be as evil. What Strange never expected is that Clea is not only firmly on the side of good but manages to seduce him. Shuma Gorath is defeated and Clea moves in with Strange in the Sanctum Sanctorum.

IMO, it needs to be funnier and scarier at the same time to the point where it will frequently get compared to It and Ghostbusters in terms of tone. I'd make the scares and stakes real but also keep Strange himself providing most of the laughs due to his own one-liners and cavalier attitude. As far as the plot is concerned, think Shape of Water meets The 9th Gate.

And then there's the subplot where Strange and Wong are busy in Maine so Mordo takes over Kamar Taj.

And yes, Shuma will grow teeth over his eyes and eat Strange and Clea by performing his Chaos Dimension super from Marvel vs Capcom and trap Strange and Clea in the cancerverse where death has no meaning and Strange will never whither and die, allowing him to be with Clea forever. Clea has to choose if she wants her new love to be mortal or not. Clea eventually remembers how to cast the gift of immortality as a faltine and gives Strange the same blessing that Dormammu gave the Ancient One, making Strange immortal and thus easier to convince to leave the Cancerverse despite Strange meeting all his dead loved ones and encountering every patient he couldn't save. Shuma Gorath is exiled back to the Chaos Dimension and is unable to devour the MCU. (He'll be back to eventually fight the Guardians.) Ebora is arrested for human sacrifices. Strange and Clea live happily ever after with Wong as an awkward roommate. After the credits, we see Mordo summon Dormammu.

Agyness Deyn as Clea
Christina Hendricks as Ebora
Mike Patton as Shuma Gorath
Keith Szarabajka as Sligguth

Basically, it's darker but also funnier with a heart-warming love story at the center of the second and third acts.

I'm dying to see the mindless ones. I was hoping they would appear in the first one. I love them. They're iconic doctor strange

They can really go to town in a sequel! No need to hold back now that magic and exotic realms have been properly introduced.

You know, if they had margali szardos in this it would set up nightcrawler and the xmen wonderfully

I'm dying to find a role for Fran Drescher in the marvel u. She would be so great in one of those wacky kind of side comic relief roles like Korg in Thor Ragnarok.

What do you think about her playing Clea's mum Umar? I reckon she would be amazing

Wanna see the Vishanti, Shuma-Gorath and Nightmare (along with more Fear Lords/ Lords of Splinter Realms)!

Wouldn't it be fun to have Cyttorak appear as a warm up villain at the start so they could set up the xmen and introduce Juggernaut?

They could even have him appear maybe? That might be fun. Strange's brains against Juggernaut's raw strength

biggest thing want after 2 appearances and an upcoming third...

Is more cool spells, and maybe some that require some words, the little shields and whip getting old (granted we haven't seen what else he will do in IW yet)

biggest thing want after 2 appearances and an upcoming third...

Is more cool spells, and maybe some that require some words, the little shields and whip getting old (granted we haven't seen what else he will do in IW yet)
Well those movies are basic and don't require a lot of magic. the good Doctor will have to tap into more power for IWs, A4, and hopefully his sequel.

I have one wish: don't waste Dormammu - give him another movie, where he stands behind the main vilain (maybe Mordo in the sequel) and then a full powerful confrontation in the third movie. "Dormammu, I've come to bargain" was hilarious, but I want a powerful magical fight between an experienced Strange and Dormammu as the final confrontation of the Doctor Strange movies.
Don't kill him off in the second movie

Spoilers for the first movie obviously.

So what do you want to see in a sequel? Here's what I want...

- more on the other sanctums
- Brother Voodoo
- Scarlett witch
- either nightmare or Morgana as the main villain
- not Mordo, let him percolate for a bit
- Wong being a badass

MORE magic!!!

Honestly want it to be less formulaic and I wouldn't be upset if Derrickson doesn't return. I feel like someone else could do just as good of a job.

A little more action, a bigger role for McAdams and a better developed villain.

A better overall film. I really liked the first but it was very overrated by critics.

Mordo taking out sorcerers, better villains than the last movie, visuals equal to the last movie.

I don't think Dormammu was wasted as he was in the most memorable scene in the movie. Kaecilius was a meh villain though. He was just ok. I would like to see someone like Nightmare added to the mix. Mordo needs a meaty role, too.

Infinity War Spoilers:
What do I want now more than ever? I want the Strange we got in IW for the sequel. I'm sorry but I'm one of those that while the cast was good I just didn't grok to the first film and a BIG part of it was the Tony Stark lite heavy handed humor injected where it needn't be approach.

What we got in IW was EXACTLY what I want from Strange. Formidable, commanding, powerful with little in terms of humorous content constantly undercutting the majesty, mysticism and wonder of the world of the Sorcerer Supreme. Yes, Strange or Wong can have a couple of quips but the next film needs to be a lot more serious and Strange needs gravitas. I am tired of injections of "camp" into these films. If IW did anything it showed you can keep that element in check and still be successful. Honestly if the trailer for the sequel indicates them just repeating the flavor of the first film I'm not sure I will bother to see it in the theaters.

Dr. Strange's Status Post Avengers 4?:
Team Film: Depending on if a time travel notion is introduced in Avengers 4, I was thinking the sequel to Dr. Strange may utilize Strange to assemble a team of some sorts (just numerous peices of news have read lately make me think a direct solo sequel unlikely IF Marvel tries to fast track Fantastic Four and/or X-Men 2024 or earlier but could be wrong).

Introduction of Multiverse: The notion could be, somehow transfer his consciousness transcending time w/help of Time Infinity Stone into himself existing in another dimension. He does this by going into his past self at key moment in time to split off another reality in which he can exist in similar to what Wolverine did in Days of Future Past only on larger scale (larger scale meaning 1 consciousness shifting across multiple realities not just 1 past point picks like Wolverine did but an orchestrated manipulation of sorts skipping across many).

I suppose while in process of doing this, Strange could gather a team through interactions with key players of the Infinity War telling each to do a certain something at a certain moment of time that will result in a shared alternate reality they can experience Post-Avengers 4 (or in other words, an alternate wing of the Multiverse Strange can inhabit). I suppose the purpose of the team could be an Infinity Watch or Illuminati of some sort.

Limitations?: Only thing I don't like about idea above is makes Strange too omnipotent or immortal. Perhaps some sort of limitations such as needing to reacquire the Time Stone each time does this as well as only be able to do this so many times within certain framework so not seem too omnipotent.

Ant-Man's Status Post-Avengers 4?:
Some areas of multiverse a Different Dimension all together?: The microverse introduced in Antman some have compared to the Negative Zone. Perhaps if become lost in here, can come back out into a totally different plane of reality consisting of different world all together?

Last edited:
With Mysterio being the villain in Spider-Man 2, I think Strange can have a cameo and some lead in for his movie.

I have a bad feeling infinity war might have been the last we see of spidey in the mcu honestly. I reckon they’ll pop him into his own universe from now on.

Sony might let him come back occasionally but I reckon they would be asking for tons of cash for that.

Oh well, the movie is probably crowded anyway. Unless mysterio only appeared in an after credits sequence

I have a bad feeling infinity war might have been the last we see of spidey in the mcu honestly. I reckon they’ll pop him into his own universe from now on.

Sony might let him come back occasionally but I reckon they would be asking for tons of cash for that.

Oh well, the movie is probably crowded anyway. Unless mysterio only appeared in an after credits sequence
They already said an MCU character would be appearing in Spider-Man 2.

Sony knows they can't do a movie without him. They could have easily added him in the Venom movie but they didn't. The MCU Spider-Man/Holland is still going to be around

They already said an MCU character would be appearing in Spider-Man 2.

Sony knows they can't do a movie without him. They could have easily added him in the Venom movie but they didn't. The MCU Spider-Man/Holland is still going to be around

Honestly, maybe the Dr. Strange sequel idea I had above will be in Avengers 4 seeing how Infinity War ended. I think Tom Holland's character could factor in some way to this.

Dr. Strange's Status Post Avengers 4?:
Team Film: Depending on if a time travel notion is introduced in Avengers 4, I was thinking the sequel to Dr. Strange may utilize Strange to assemble a team of some sorts (just numerous peices of news have read lately make me think a direct solo sequel unlikely IF Marvel tries to fast track Fantastic Four and/or X-Men 2024 or earlier but could be wrong).

Introduction of Multiverse: The notion could be, somehow transfer his consciousness transcending time w/help of Time Infinity Stone into himself existing in another dimension. He does this by going into his past self at key moment in time to split off another reality in which he can exist in similar to what Wolverine did in Days of Future Past only on larger scale (larger scale meaning 1 consciousness shifting across multiple realities not just 1 past point picks like Wolverine did but an orchestrated manipulation of sorts skipping across many).

I suppose while in process of doing this, Strange could gather a team through interactions with key players of the Infinity War telling each to do a certain something at a certain moment of time that will result in a shared alternate reality they can experience Post-Avengers 4 (or in other words, an alternate wing of the Multiverse Strange can inhabit). I suppose the purpose of the team could be an Infinity Watch or Illuminati of some sort.

Limitations?: Only thing I don't like about idea above is makes Strange too omnipotent or immortal. Perhaps some sort of limitations such as needing to reacquire the Time Stone each time does this as well as only be able to do this so many times within certain framework so not seem too omnipotent.

Ant-Man's Status Post-Avengers 4?:
Some areas of multiverse a Different Dimension all together?: The microverse introduced in Antman some have compared to the Negative Zone. Perhaps if become lost in here, can come back out into a totally different plane of reality consisting of different world all together?

You have some interesting ideas there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"