What does Bush need to do to amp up his administration?

sinewave said:
and has he, as shadowboxing suggested, made any attempts to replace any of his staff that initiated those mistakes? no, so how can we be sure they won't continue to make similar mistakes? they're obviously not very competent so the outlook appears to be very bleak.

I never said that, but he has acknowledged his mistakes, I am sure you would agree about that after my posts.

hippie_hunter said:
Agreed, Bush has the potential to be a good President
Really? I think he has the potential to be a good pet rock, or maybe a taco salad, but not President.

ShadowBoxing said:
I see a lot of words...not a lot of action. No one got fired for prison abuse scandels, no architects of the war got fired either. So he hasn't acknowledged them in the slightest, he's just said "mistakes were made". He says "mistakes were made" when those mistakes cost 1000s of soldiers their lives, many hostages their dignity, the United States a significant amount of money, and a country their order and infrostructure. Last time I recall saying "mistakes were made" doesn't quell the insurgency, hold the inept officials responsible or return Iraq to stability...all it does is cover your a$$ for a few weeks so they can sit with your thumbs up your a$$ while the same designers who got us into this mess continue to manage the war. I fail to see how that acknowledges anything.

You guys seem to make up the meaning of "acknowledge", saying it somehow entails correcting your mistakes? I think you should look it up, the word has nothing to do with that.

"
admit: declare to be true or admit the existence or reality or truth of; "He admitted his errors"; "She acknowledged that she might have forgotten"
report the receipt of; "The program committee acknowledged the submission of the authors of the paper"
notice: express recognition of the presence or existence of, or acquaintance with; "He never acknowledges his colleagues when they run into him in the hallway"; "She acknowledged his complement with a smile"; "it is important to acknowledge the work of others in one's own writing"
express obligation, thanks, or gratitude for; "We must acknowledge the kindness she showed towards us"
Recognize as a fact, admit that something is true."

So he HAS "acknowledged" mistakes. Stop trying to make up what the word doesnt mean. Keep trying to say he hasnt acknowledged mistakes because he hasnt CORRECTED his mistakes makes absolutely NO sense.

Cho Chang said:
Really? I think he has the potential to be a good pet rock, or maybe a taco salad, but not President.

or a guest star on Beavis and ButtHead. Don't forget that.

Cho Chang said:

If he surrounded himself with a good Cabinet and not yes men he could have been good. Instead he's reduced himself from a great President who led this nation in the dark times of September 11th to mediocrity.

Oh well, heres to hoping that the next President will be better and there are at least several Presidents are worse than him.

Admiral_N8 said:
You guys seem to make up the meaning of "acknowledge", saying it somehow entails correcting your mistakes? I think you should look it up, the word has nothing to do with that.

"
admit: declare to be true or admit the existence or reality or truth of; "He admitted his errors"; "She acknowledged that she might have forgotten"
report the receipt of; "The program committee acknowledged the submission of the authors of the paper"
notice: express recognition of the presence or existence of, or acquaintance with; "He never acknowledges his colleagues when they run into him in the hallway"; "She acknowledged his complement with a smile"; "it is important to acknowledge the work of others in one's own writing"
express obligation, thanks, or gratitude for; "We must acknowledge the kindness she showed towards us"
Recognize as a fact, admit that something is true."

So he HAS "acknowledged" mistakes. Stop trying to make up what the word doesnt mean. Keep trying to say he hasnt acknowledged mistakes because he hasnt CORRECTED his mistakes makes absolutely NO sense.

But the problem is that Bush hasn't taken the action to back up his words. When you say that a mistake has been made, you tend to go off and fix them. Bush hasn't really attempted to do that.

hippie_hunter said:
If he surrounded himself with a good Cabinet and not yes men he could have been good. Instead he's reduced himself from a great President who led this nation in the dark times of September 11th to mediocrity.

Oh well, heres to hoping that the next President will be better and there are at least several Presidents are worse than him.

For instance, Warren G. Harding. Warren G. Harding was a taint on the office, and a ****ing *******.

I hate Warren G. Harding.

hippie_hunter said:
But the problem is that Bush hasn't taken the action to back up his words. When you say that a mistake has been made, you tend to go off and fix them. Bush hasn't really attempted to do that.
And also you need to look at the rest of the definitions

To acknowledge is to accept responsibility for something one makes known: He acknowledged his mistake.

hippie_hunter said:
If he surrounded himself with a good Cabinet and not yes men he could have been good.
If he surrounded himself with tomatos, onions, green peppers, sour cream, nachos, three types of cheeses and some ground beef, he'd be delectable. Maybe even electable, IMO.

Cho Chang said:
If he surrounded himself with tomatos, onions, green peppers, sour cream, nachos, three types of cheeses and some ground beef, he'd be delectable. Maybe even electable, IMO.

LMAO :D

ShadowBoxing said:
And also you need to look at the rest of the definitions

To acknowledge is to accept responsibility for something one makes known: He acknowledged his mistake.

So you still stand by your statment that Bush hasnt "acknowledged" he has made mistakes??

Really??

Even after all those mistakes I showed you that he admitted to and CHANGED THE WAY THEY DID THINGS?? Even though he has constantly said Iraq was HIS decision, his fault good or bad...showing he accepts responsibility??

Wow...:confused:

Admiral_N8 said:
So you still stand by your statment that Bush hasnt "acknowledged" he has made mistakes??

Really??

Even after all those mistakes I showed you that he admitted to and CHANGED THE WAY THEY DID THINGS?? Even though he has constantly said Iraq was HIS decision, his fault good or bad...showing he accepts responsibility??

Wow...:confused:

But saying and doing are two completely different things. Bush admitting to making mistakes can be compared to saying you're sorry to your little sister for chopping off her Ken doll's head and not meaning it at all when in truth you had fun and will do it again 5 minutes later.

It's pretty easy to admit you made mistakes (many of which I believe he knew were mistakes as he was making them) so far after the fact that nothing can be done about them. The fact of the matter is that many of these "mistakes" (i.e. WMD's) were the reasons given for invading another nation and starting a war. A ****ing war. You don't just say "oops!, sorry about that whole leading a bunch of people to their death's for no good reason thing. My bad. I'm gonna go have a Dr. Pepper.".

hippie_hunter said:
But saying and doing are two completely different things. Bush admitting to making mistakes can be compared to saying you're sorry to your little sister for chopping off her Ken doll's head and not meaning it at all when in truth you had fun and will do it again 5 minutes later.

Well aside from the absurd comparison, he HAS done a lot to change those mistakes I showed you.

But still saying he hasnt "acknowledged" any mistakes as someone said on here is obviously wrong...and silly.

Admiral_N8 said:
Well aside from the absurd comparison, he HAS done a lot to change those mistakes I showed you.

But still saying he hasnt "acknowledged" any mistakes as someone said on here is obviously wrong...and silly.
No actually I pointed out no one was fired or demoted...then you gave me half a definition of that word from websters. So no he has DONE nothing.

Admiral_N8 said:

I compared that to my own childhood and haven't seen any results of Bush's changes to fix those mistakes.

ShadowBoxing said:
No actually I pointed out no one was fired or demoted...then you gave me half a definition of that word from websters. So no he has DONE nothing.

You still keep saying he hasnt "acknowledged ANY" mistakes???

Even though he has? And we've gone over that???

He admitted his mistakes, but because he hasnt solve the mistakes that somehow doesnt mean he "acknowledged" his mistakes?

You keep hanging on to that, and its just absurd.

ShadowBoxing said:
That's not true. He made sure the employment status looked prettier by changing the definition of what constitutes a "manufacturing" job to include such lucrative positions as McDonalds cook and Starbucks barrista. There are now thousands more manufacturing jobs (on paper). He also made sure that golf course water hazards were considered "wetlands" to show how much he cares about the environment. There are now 9000 more acres of "wetlands" than there were last year.

Admiral_N8 said:
You still keep saying he hasnt "acknowledged ANY" mistakes???

Even though he has? And we've gone over that???

He admitted his mistakes, but because he hasnt solve the mistakes that somehow doesnt mean he "acknowledged" his mistakes?

You keep hanging on to that, and its just absurd.

Accepting responsibility for something constitutes that you make steps to correct it. Plato famously said "If you know the good, you do the good...if you don't do the good, you don't know the good". If I am an alcoholic and I say "I'm an alcoholic" and then go out the next night and binge drink I have in no way acknowledged my problem. Acknowledgement only comes when I attempting to correct said problem...i.e. accepting responsibility.

Cho Chang said:
That's not true. He made sure the employment status looked prettier by changing the definition of what constitutes a "manufacturing" job to include such lucrative positions as McDonalds cook and Starbucks barrista. There are now thousands more manufacturing jobs (on paper). He also made sure that golf course water hazards were considered "wetlands" to show how much he cares about the environment. There are now 9000 more acres of "wetlands" than there were last year.
LMFAO....Yes I have read both those reports in public policy...very amusing.

ShadowBoxing said:

Accepting responsibility for something constitutes that you make steps to correct it. Plato famously said "If you know the good, you do the good...if you don't do the good, you don't know the good". If I am an alcoholic and I say "I'm an alcoholic" and then go out the next night and binge drink I have in no way acknowledged my problem. Acknowledgement only comes when I attempting to correct said problem...i.e. accepting responsibility.

Accept responsibility simply means he accepts responsibility for his actions, which he has.

And look at those mistakes I have listed, he HAS MADE changes to try and fix THOSE problems.

So you STILL saying he "hasnt acknowledged ANY mistakes" is getting even more and more absurd.

A lot of mistakes he hasnt, but some he has.

Admiral_N8 said:
Accept responsibility simply means he accepts responsibility for his actions, which he has.

And look at those mistakes I have listed, he HAS MADE changes to try and fix THOSE problems.

So you STILL saying he "hasnt acknowledged ANY mistakes" is getting even more and more absurd.

A lot of mistakes he hasnt, but some he has.

Lets review your post

"Yes, apparently I am the only one who READS or listens to what Bush actually says....

he has specifically mentioned the treatment of prisoners at Abu Ghraib as a mistake. Also specifically mentions its a mistake to focus on the larger picture, and they are now focusing on more localized rebuilding efforts. Also specifically mentions the military campaign was too fast as it melted away fighters that make up the insurgency.

He also specificaly fesses up that how Iraqis Security forces were trained initially was a mistake. They were trained to fight external threats, rather then internal threats which was a mistake.

I could go on, but maybe you should just read the news?

Maybe a simple google search may help?:up:
"

Neither of those things accept responsible...as we said its the equivilent to a drunk saying "I'm an alcoholic" and then going out a binge drinking...thats not accepting responsibility, not even remotely...and therefore not acknowledging.

ShadowBoxing said:
Lets review your post

"Yes, apparently I am the only one who READS or listens to what Bush actually says....

he has specifically mentioned the treatment of prisoners at Abu Ghraib as a mistake. Also specifically mentions its a mistake to focus on the larger picture, and they are now focusing on more localized rebuilding efforts. Also specifically mentions the military campaign was too fast as it melted away fighters that make up the insurgency.

He also specificaly fesses up that how Iraqis Security forces were trained initially was a mistake. They were trained to fight external threats, rather then internal threats which was a mistake.

I could go on, but maybe you should just read the news?

Maybe a simple google search may help?:up:
"

Neither of those things accept responsible...as we said its the equivilent to a drunk saying "I'm an alcoholic" and then going out a binge drinking...thats not accepting responsibility, not even remotely...and therefore not acknowledging.

What? You really should stop digging this huge hole of yours.

I will just use one example. He ADMITTED that how they were rebuilding Iraq was wrong. He then went to say HOW HE CHANGED the way they did it.

How is that not "acknowledging a mistake"???

:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"