What does Bush need to do to amp up his administration?

Admiral_N8 said:
I never said that, but he has acknowledged his mistakes, I am sure you would agree about that after my posts.

agreed. he's a total dukee and a horrible president. welcome to my world. :up:

Oh hell ya, bush can amp that **** up with a few kegs and what not. You know, really get the party started.

:down

No Bush needs to go away, we need a president who at least realizes when he looks like swine. In other words, another Clinton would do nicely at this point.

Admiral_N8 said:
You guys seem to make up the meaning of "acknowledge", saying it somehow entails correcting your mistakes? I think you should look it up, the word has nothing to do with that.

"
admit: declare to be true or admit the existence or reality or truth of; "He admitted his errors"; "She acknowledged that she might have forgotten"
report the receipt of; "The program committee acknowledged the submission of the authors of the paper"
notice: express recognition of the presence or existence of, or acquaintance with; "He never acknowledges his colleagues when they run into him in the hallway"; "She acknowledged his complement with a smile"; "it is important to acknowledge the work of others in one's own writing"
express obligation, thanks, or gratitude for; "We must acknowledge the kindness she showed towards us"
Recognize as a fact, admit that something is true."

So he HAS "acknowledged" mistakes. Stop trying to make up what the word doesnt mean. Keep trying to say he hasnt acknowledged mistakes because he hasnt CORRECTED his mistakes makes absolutely NO sense.

name one mistake Bush has admitted or acknowledged. I have heard him asked many times to do this, but he never has done it. This even happend at the debate with John Kerry. Jonh Kerry admitted his mistake was supporting the war prior to the invasion. bush would not acknowledge any.

Spider-Bite said:
name one mistake Bush has admitted or acknowledged. I have heard him asked many times to do this, but he never has done it. This even happend at the debate with John Kerry. Jonh Kerry admitted his mistake was supporting the war prior to the invasion. bush would not acknowledge any.

John Kerry was pandering for votes, his acknowledgement seemed shallow unlike Dick Gepharts.

Matt said:
Bush is currently out of touch with reality. He is like George Lucas. He surrounds himself with yes-men, produces ****, but then his yes-men tell him it is good. He gets rid of the ones who don't (His former treasurey secretary, Collin Powell, John Clarke).

He refuses to acknowledge any problems in Iraq, he refuses to acknowledge any problems domestically (Today he was talking about how tax time simply proves we need lower taxes, despite his refusal to cut spending), I mean, for godsakes, we have a failing economy and he promotes his economic advisor to Chief of Staff.

He needs to accept problems and deal with them. To do that he needs a new staff who will tell him what is wrong and how to fix it...not what he wants to hear.

Rummy needs to be fired, Gonzalez needs to resign, Chertoff definitely has to go, and Cheney as well. Condi Rice is the only one doing somewhat good at her job.

I do agree that there's a degree of cronyism going on in his administration, though whether that exceeds any other administration is the question. But what about our economy, besides gas prices (which Bush does not control), is "failing"? Home ownership is up, unemployment is down. What gives?

lazur said:
I do agree that there's a degree of cronyism going on in his administration, though whether that exceeds any other administration is the question. But what about our economy, besides gas prices (which Bush does not control), is "failing"? Home ownership is up, unemployment is down. What gives?
Consider our economy right now as being a ticking time bomb...sure everything is great now because we are deficit spending and our taxes our low...but all thats gonna come to a head in a few years.

lazur said:

bush may not have any control over gas prices but the republican controlled congress certainly hasn't done anything about it. whatever happened to that little investigation they were conducting into the record profits for the big oil companies? those companies got off scott-free, didn't they? also, as shadowboxing pointed out, our deficit is freakin' insane. that's gonna hurt future generations quite a bit.

ShadowBoxing said:
Consider our economy right now as being a ticking time bomb...sure everything is great..but all thats gonna come to a head in a few years.

You mean like Clinton's?

not exactly like Clinton's. Clinton didn't add over 2 trillion in debt to our country. Bush does this knowing that the effects wont show up untill long after he's done being President.

Spider-Bite said:

ARe you guys lazy or just selective readers? It was all over the news a while back.

I mentioned more then a few mistakes hes admitted to, not sure if its on this thread.

Yep, it was on this thread, this is what I ALREADY said.
"he has specifically mentioned the treatment of prisoners at Abu Ghraib as a mistake. Also specifically mentions its a mistake to focus on the larger picture, and they are now focusing on more localized rebuilding efforts. Also specifically mentions the military campaign was too fast as it melted away fighters that make up the insurgency.

He also specificaly fesses up that how Iraqis Security forces were trained initially was a mistake. They were trained to fight external threats, rather then internal threats which was a mistake."

01.jpg

Hot. Lesbian. Action. :up:

Admiral_N8 said:
ARe you guys lazy or just selective readers? It was all over the news a while back.

I mentioned more then a few mistakes hes admitted to, not sure if its on this thread.

Yep, it was on this thread, this is what I ALREADY said.
"he has specifically mentioned the treatment of prisoners at Abu Ghraib as a mistake. Also specifically mentions its a mistake to focus on the larger picture, and they are now focusing on more localized rebuilding efforts. Also specifically mentions the military campaign was too fast as it melted away fighters that make up the insurgency.

He also specificaly fesses up that how Iraqis Security forces were trained initially was a mistake. They were trained to fight external threats, rather then internal threats which was a mistake."

He didn't say they were his mistakes. and about the prisoner situation, he merely said it was wrong and vowed to bring those responsible to justice.

Spider-Bite said:
He didn't say they were his mistakes. and about the prisoner situation, he merely said it was wrong and vowed to bring those responsible to justice.

No, he said they were mistakes. He said it because of pressure how people said he never admitted mistakes.

If you recall he came out again saying it after Rice said "US has made thousands of mistakes" too.

Spider-Bite said:

He said it was wrong how they went so fast into Iraq, and how they trained Iraqi forces...how is that NOT saying how they trained Iraqi forces first was a mistake?

And after admitting these he went to change the way they are trained.

Its funny, and I am not specifically talking about you since I dont know you, yet people have been whining for Bush to admit he has made mistakes, and when he does people say he didnt??

Admiral_N8 said:
He said it was wrong how they went so fast into Iraq, and how they trained Iraqi forces...how is that NOT saying how they trained Iraqi forces first was a mistake?

And after admitting these he went to change the way they are trained.

Its funny, and I am not specifically talking about you since I dont know you, yet people have been whining for Bush to admit he has made mistakes, and when he does people say he didnt??

You can not be serious?

Imus still has a radio show?! Who the **** listens to him?

Addendum said:
Imus still has a radio show?! Who the **** listens to him?

beats me, but what's up with the cowboy look? does he always play dress-up like that?

I SEE SPIDEY said:
Bush hasn't admited to s**t.

Selective reader ey.

Why not, since apparently you dont like evidence that goes against what you want to believe, do a simple google search of "bush admits mistakes"...see if anything comes up from reputable news sources??

:rolleyes:

hippie_hunter said:
John Kerry was pandering for votes, his acknowledgement seemed shallow unlike Dick Gepharts.
I like Gephart. Wouldn't make much of a president, but I still like him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"