Transformers The official "NO UNICRON IN THE SEQUEL" thread

Hmm probably more appropriate in the sequel forum, none the less Unicon + TF2 = Bad Idea.

I want this to get as much exposure as possible and eventually, I or someone else will start this thread over in the sequel forum when it picks up.

It's funny how people go on about how Unicron is a bad idea, then claim that other characters would be better...newsflash: what other characters? Shockwave has always been in service to Megatron, sans his comic interpretation, and it's doubtful that he could be the main antagonist throughout two films. Soundwave is just the dilligent servant of Megatron as well. Blackout was a prime example of what mindless characters like that end up getting. And bringing Megatron back, perhaps as Galvatron? A good idea, but it would be a little repetitious for him to be in 2 sequels in this trilogy-to-be. As much as I love Megs, he'll be old hat past the movie he's revived in. About the closest to another candidate is Starscream, and his formula paints a cowardly Decepticon whose actions would probably catch up to him in a single sequel.

So, really, I'd love to hear suggestions outside of the aforementioned. I really can't see the Quintessions holding a film and not alienating the audience with some whacky backstory.

It's funny how people go on about how Unicron is a bad idea, then claim that other characters would be better...newsflash: what other characters?

There are *plenty* of Autobots and Decepticons in the world of Transformers, and only 3 or 4 have been given an actual personality on screen. Therefore, a better movie could be made by fleshing out the actual characters instead of throwing in a planet sized talking robot that eats worlds.

they should make unicron a giant cloud thing! lol...

i dont like much season 3 characters, but i do like ultra magnus.

Starscream should assume command of the Decepticons, talking smack on Megatron and Shockwave should go behind his back, somehow find Megatron - maybe with Barricade's help since he didn't get killed off - and revive Megatron about half way through.

I also love the Empire Strikes Back idea a la Decepticons get the most the autobots in part two. :)
NO UNICRON!

Which would most likely mean having Prime getting his trailer handed to him by Megs........again. :trans:

Even if they used the name Unicron he wouldn't be like the cartoon version anyway.

Transformers - Megatron

Transformers 2 - Main Villian: Starscream and at the end of the movie ressurection of Megatron upgraded to Galvatron by Unicron

Transformers 3 - Galvatron and Unicron... End of the movie Prime dies (just like every incarnation of the Transformers mythos)..

Transformers - Megatron

Transformers 2 - Main Villian: Starscream and at the end of the movie ressurection of Megatron upgraded to Galvatron by Unicron

Transformers 3 - Galvatron and Unicron... End of the movie Prime dies (just like every incarnation of the Transformers mythos)..

I'd rather just see Megatron than Galvatron. Why does he need a name change if he's brought back to life? To sell more toys? I'd rather see Prime live, too. Why do so many people want to see the same plots rehashed over and over again?

Which would most likely mean having Prime getting his trailer handed to him by Megs........again. :trans:

Not necessarily. Prime and Megatron could be toe to toe but Prime might have to retreat because the rest of the Autobots are setup in a giant trap and need his help to live.

The simple reason folks why there will never be a Unicron is because of believability. Yes I know, Living robots.. not very believable but it was done to the extent that it is at least not laughable. Having a planet sized robot show up to munch on earth would be too "eye rolling" How would little tiny robots fight a Giant planet.. are they going to have ships like in the cartoon? are they going to buzz around it with their flight abilities as in the cartoon? The next movie is best served keeping it more based in reality than going cartoony.

Like there haven't been more impossible stories in other sci-fi movies. Its science fiction...the challenge is finding a way to make it believable.

I'd rather just see Megatron than Galvatron. Why does he need a name change if he's brought back to life? To sell more toys? I'd rather see Prime live, too. Why do so many people want to see the same plots rehashed over and over again?

I don't really want to see a Galvatron in the near sequels...but plot rehashing is not a bad thing if they can put an up to date spin on things. Its for nostalgia purposes...which is something that I think this movie could have done a lot more of...besides a few lines thrown in here and there.

Some reference to the past in a film that's updating the past with new elements is never bad. I don't, however, feel that Optimus MUST die at the end of a trilogy. He can, but they'd be foolhardy to give a half-hearted recreation of one of the most iconic deaths in Transformers history.

That's something that is going to get really tired and ruin a lot of the drama in Transformers. If they kill of a character...leave him dead (with Megatron being the exception...it was stupid to kill him off in the first place). Bad guys don't always get caught or die...after all, Osama is still out there.

Sadly, I don't think that'll last long once they get around to bringing back Jazz. There's already heavy hints that it's happening, and with that last piece of the All Spark Prime cradles there's still an open door there.

See...that takes away any and all dramatic emphasis on the Transformers mortality. The audience is going to have a harder time accepting the fact that these are living beings that can die just like any other organism...its a stupid and cheap plot device that should be used (if used at all) very sparingly. To hell with that damn Catwoman writer...if killing off Megatron was Orci or Kurtzman's idea then to hell with them too. Cheap theatrics.

"Michael. Bay." After saying that, you must already know cheap theatrics is Armageddon-Man's speciality. :yay:

I appreciate what Michael Bay brought to the table. He brought his practical way of shooting and sense of budget to this film, plus his sense of action and humor to get general audiences related. That led to an astoundingly successful start of a franchise, this movie is going to more than double domestically the original budget.

That said, I want a fresh face for the sequel as far as the director is concerned. Action, action, action...it was delivered in droves but it had no heart (to me at least) and I'd rather have a competent director who can deliver a more balanced movie than one who is heavily loaded in the action department but seriously lacking in the rest of his craft.

Sorry to have turned this into an 'I don't want Bay for the sequel' rant...but I dont' think he can bring anything new to the table. It will be more of the same human focused story with Transformers in the background as the demolition team...fuhgetabout any serious Transformers stories.

I appreciate what Michael Bay brought to the table. He brought his practical way of shooting and sense of budget to this film, plus his sense of action and humor to get general audiences related. That led to an astoundingly successful start of a franchise, this movie is going to more than double domestically the original budget.

That said, I want a fresh face for the sequel as far as the director is concerned. Action, action, action...it was delivered in droves but it had no heart (to me at least) and I'd rather have a competent director who can deliver a more balanced movie than one who is heavily loaded in the action department but seriously lacking in the rest of his craft.

Sorry to have turned this into an 'I don't want Bay for the sequel' rant...but I dont' think he can bring anything new to the table. It will be more of the same human focused story with Transformers in the background as the demolition team...fuhgetabout any serious Transformers stories.

I agree with you. Tho my problem wasn't with "heart"- I thought the movie had heart- cliched and contrived heart, but still heart. And I think it even worked well in that arena. My problem was with the talk-down-to-the-audience stupidity that everyone seemed to love. I'd still rather a director that can take it a more intelligent route.

On the other hand, why mess with a successful formula?

I agree with you. Tho my problem wasn't with "heart"- I thought the movie had heart- cliched and contrived heart, but still heart. And I think it even worked well in that arena. My problem was with the talk-down-to-the-audience stupidity that everyone seemed to love. I'd still rather a director that can take it a more intelligent route.

On the other hand, why mess with a successful formula?

Hmm...let me reword then. The movie had heard...but the Transformers themselves didn't, save for BB and Optimus...and its stretching with Optimus. Cullen is the only saving grace for his character.

I do not want a "remake" of the orginal TF movie for TF2. However, I think that the original TF movie could work well as a template for the second live-action TF film, minus Optimus Prime's death. X-Men 2 was not an adaptation of the graphic novel "God loves, man kills," but it used it as a basic template. It was still a brand new story that was unique to the movie series, but it shared common ground with the graphic novels. That's basically what I think a lot of fans want in TF2. You can have the main plot point being the struggle against Unicron without feeling like a remake of the original TF movie.

How about we rename this thread to, "the NO UNICRON EVER THREAD!"

i dont think they should have the unicron because there are too many similarities to galactus and although this would be way better than the fantastic 4 silvver surfer movie it would probably have the same type of story and i wouldnt think that would work at all, itd be to broad even for transformers
Agreed! Besides, just think of the scope of Unicron. They would need to show him, transformed into robot mode, STANDING over Earth! Just wouldn't work. There would be no way to show the other robots attacking him. Let Unicron remain a cartoon character.

You Unicon haters...it astounds me. Here is a character with such potential for epic sci fi storytelling and you people think he should be written off before they have a chance to explore that potential. Who says Unicron needs to attack Earth? That's what Cybertron is for. Who says Unicron needs to be a gigantic transforming planet? There many possible incarnations he could be; from an ancient version of the Transformers to a sort of harbinger of death for the Transformers...there's soo much potential.

Open your mind and quit closing doors that could lead to better stories...instead of pigeonholing the Transformer movies into vast action fests with little to no sci fi appeal.

You Unicon haters...it astounds me. Here is a character with such potential for epic sci fi storytelling and you people think he should be written off before they have a chance to explore that potential. Who says Unicron needs to attack Earth? That's what Cybertron is for. Who says Unicron needs to be a gigantic transforming planet? There many possible incarnations he could be; from an ancient version of the Transformers to a sort of harbinger of death for the Transformers...there's soo much potential.

Open your mind and quit closing doors that could lead to better stories...instead of pigeonholing the Transformer movies into vast action fests with little to no sci fi appeal.
The only form of Unicron I am familiar with is the huge transforming planet. and I'm sorry, I just don't think it would work on screen. Even in the cartoon, the size ratios were way off. They had to be in order to show the Autobots attacking Unicron, but you can't pull those stunt in a live action film without serious repercusions. I say, no plaent sized Unicron, and I'm sure the rapid fanboys would say no to any other version of him. Just leave Unicron out, use the tons of other characters in Hasbro's toy box.

Seriously though, the Transformmers are aliens who have learned English from harvesting media broadcasts for the most part. They will pick up whatever accent they choose to. Live with it.

Since when was I making a fuss about the accents? I was merely curious as to why three of them were English....

Out of curiousity, who would you want to see direct TF2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"