Transformers The official "NO UNICRON IN THE SEQUEL" thread

I dunno. I've never gotten the feeling that Unicron, despite his bigness and importance in the 86 movie's story, is a memorable fan "favorite" character. None of my friends ever bring him up.... it's always Soundwave, Shockwave, Cliffjumper, Jazz... etc etc. I wouldn't mind a Unicron-type story line in the 3rd chapter.... but definately not in Part 2.

I agree, i'm open to Unicron, but not until the 3rd movie, have more of the war in TF2, and i'm hoping they end the 2nd movie with the Decepticons in control of Earth :yay: .

One of the coolest endings...

Huge Transformers war/battle. Memorable characters are dead, leaders... are gone....everyone is just really f-ed up somewhere (army decides to just nuke the warzone despite the sides....

..and we see the emergence of galactus...er...unicron...and onto # 3 or 4!

One of the coolest endings...

Huge Transformers war/battle. Memorable characters are dead, leaders... are gone....everyone is just really f-ed up somewhere (army decides to just nuke the warzone despite the sides....

..and we see the emergence of galactus...er...unicron...and onto # 3 or 4!

I dont know. Id rather the movies dont go the uber-epic route. I think Pirates kinda messed up by going the big and convoluted larger than life route. It worked for LOTR... but it gets a little exhausting after a while.

I'd rather the stories stay down-to-earth..... especially *related to Earth*. REAL sci-fi.

I dont know. Id rather the movies dont go the uber-epic route. I think Pirates kinda messed up by going the big and convoluted larger than life route. It worked for LOTR... but it gets a little exhausting after a while.

I'd rather the stories stay down-to-earth..... especially *related to Earth*. REAL sci-fi.

I know what you mean, but the sequels need to get grander in scale with each outing, so earth will eventually get boring.

I completely agree - and I think history proves this to be generally be the better route. If there is too much going on, then it'll cut into character development and scenes which convey a large amount of emotion. Just look at Spiderman 3, the Pirates sequels, and X-Men 3. All of those movies attempted to encompass a much bigger scope than their brethren and by large and far, all 3 were drastically inferior to their predecessors.

I'd rather see more Prime vs. Megatron, Ironhide vs. Starscream, and Starscream/Megatron dialogue than scenes zoomed out too far to see Autobots/Decepticons so there can be a Unicron.

If they have to use him save him for last, even then I don't feel like he should be in any of the movies.

I completely agree - and I think history proves this to be generally be the better route. If there is too much going on, then it'll cut into character development and scenes which convey a large amount of emotion. Just look at Spiderman 3, the Pirates sequels, and X-Men 3. All of those movies attempted to encompass a much bigger scope than their brethren and by large and far, all 3 were drastically inferior to their predecessors.

I'd rather see more Prime vs. Megatron, Ironhide vs. Starscream, and Starscream/Megatron dialogue than scenes zoomed out too far to see Autobots/Decepticons so there can be a Unicron.

I somewhat agree, in the 2nd movie i think we should just see more of the war. However for the 3rd movie, i think Unicron would be ideal, with Ian McKellan or Christopher Lee voicing him.

They might be going the X-men trilogy route, with the two groups fighting each other, then joining together to fight a bigger threat, and then back at each other's throats till a lot of the major players die. I dont' mind this actually.

NOOO!!! i want UNICRON!!! and GALVATRON!! and HOT -ROD!!!

They might be going the X-men trilogy route, with the two groups fighting each other, then joining together to fight a bigger threat, and then back at each other's throats till a lot of the major players die. I dont' mind this actually.

Possibly, but IMO, we need to get to know both the Autobots and the Decepticons more before they join together, once we know them more, and how much they hate each other, it will make the situation seem more desperate when they are forced to join together.

NOOO!!! i want UNICRON!!! and GALVATRON!! and HOT -ROD!!!

I want Hot Rod, but not Rodimus Prime.

^Prime needs to last for at least a trilogy before they even consider killing him off. Hot Rod would be cool though because he is not afraid of taking on Megatron, and actually did pretty well against Galvatron, even before becoming Rodimus Prime.

yes, Hot Rod shows he is the youthful bratty kid who is still learning but very brave and heroic..he needs to be in one of the sequels i say the next film kill off prime and add in hot rod and Unicrone THAT WILL BE A HIT and it will bewaaaaay better than the wretched first film

yes, Hot Rod shows he is the youthful bratty kid who is still learning but very brave and heroic..he needs to be in one of the sequels i say the next film kill off prime and add in hot rod and Unicrone THAT WILL BE A HIT and it will bewaaaaay better than the wretched first film

Sorry, no, Prime should not be killed of at all, or at least not in the 1st 3 movies, but i would like to see Hot Rod in the 2nd.

Killing off Optimus Prime in the sequel would be like killing off Luke Skywalker in Empire Strikes back.

^Agreed, it shouldnt happen until AT THE VERY EARLIEST the 4th movie.

I think shockwave should come to earth to find and reactivate megatron.

Dinobots as much as i love them are stupid to have.

HOW CAN A DINOSAUR HIDE IN PLAIN SIGHT?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"