What first drew you to Batman?

Discussion in 'Batman World' started by Chris Wallace, Mar 31, 2006.

?

WHat first drew you to Batman?

1. Costume

2. Car

3. The whole dark, brooding persona

4. That goofy 60's theme song

5. Other/Don't remember

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Two-Face Harvey Dent

What's funny that Batman Forever drew me to reading Batman comics and seening BF on the Big Screen for my first cinema expeience and I also loved watch TAS on saturday mornings.

2. trustyside-kick The Marine Marvel

The Animated Series played a big role into me liking Batman since as a small child I did not obviously have money to buy the comics..let alone the want to read. :p

3. Cats Hot-blooded Feline

Batman '89 where his dark past, resolve and mystery of his nature struck and resonated for years to come, have loved him ever since. TAS kept up the interest for years, while only at 17 did I begin to collect comics. For every comic/episode I learn a little more about him, it makes the character more and more appealing.

4. Bathead The Oldest Geek

I realize I'm aging myself, but it was the costume in the comics as drawn by Dick Sprang back in the early 60's (pre-Adam West) first ,then the batmobile, gadgets, villians, Some fun stories (not all of them were goofy,no matter what modern day fanboys would have you believe.)

5. Chris Wallace LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

You'r enot aging yourself; God is. :D

6. Chris Wallace LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

I started faithfully reading Batman after BF.

7. Mee 2 E's are better than 1

For me it was my dad buying Batman comics when I was a kid and he'd read them to me for a bedtime story. Then I got into BTAS and was officially hooked.

8. Kirk Langstrom FRANCINE!!!!

The 60's tv show, first run. Although i was quite little at the time, i remember thinking it was the greatest damn thing ever.

Got hooked on the comics shortly after.

9. trustyside-kick The Marine Marvel

Ya, my bro got into it through the 60's tv show too. He even bought the movie a few years back.

10. Kirk Langstrom FRANCINE!!!!

Years later, when the show was run in repeats, i developed a hell of a crush on Julie (Catwoman) Newmar....

ROWWRRR!

11. Chris Wallace LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Really? My first celebrity crush was Lynda Carter.

12. Mister J Ya Get What Ya ****ing Deserve!

:up:

13. 32CAGE Registered

what hooked me was the batmobile from the 1960's television series.

14. spdrknight Registered

I honestly have to say that I saw the 60s Adam West show and that is what really got me into the comic book store next to Target in my town. Now though, I really can't stand the old Batman show. Interesting I think. As I grew up from that tender, yet blind and stupid, age I must have matured and looked for something more dark.

Burton's Batman is really got me hooked and loving the true dark pyscological Batman/Bruce Wayne.

15. Edward Nigma Registered

i've no idea, i was looking through my baby book the other day and apparently i have been obsessed with batman since i was 3. i had a batman cake, got nothing but batman toys and would cry for batman when super friends was over. and, so yeah, dunno where it came from, but i have loved batsy as logn as i can remember

16. Nightdevil Registered

The Bat-nipples

17. MinNoir Lady D. Trekie

I remember when I was younger watching BTAS, my Dad had Batman '89 on VHS so I watched that, various Super Friends re-runs. Batman is one of my favorites not exactly number one my list any more though, he got replaced by the Black Canary, Oracle, Huntress and Lady Blackhawk, but he's still one of my favorites, although he wasn't my first comic book, I still pay loyalties to him and anything Bat-related, my first comic book was actually a Spiderman comic book that my big brother gave me.

18. O'Haire Awesome

Loved Batman in the late 80's I enjoyed re-runs of the Adam West show. The cartoon kept me interested. Lost interest for a few years. Batman Begins got me hooked again. Love the character more than ever.

19. CConn Fountainhead of culture.

I honestly don't remember. I first saw B89 when I was 2 or 3, and I became hooked. What was it that exactly hooked me in? I really don't know.

20. Mr. Socko Registered

Batman '89 got me hooked on Batman. I loved it the first time I saw it. It was one of my favorite movies and still remains on the list of all time greats. Then came Batman: The Animated Series, it was the greatest cartoon I had ever seen. It captured the perfect feel of Batman and all his villians. It's still my second favorite medium of Batman next to the movies then comes the comics. I started reading Batman comics when Batman Forever came out, I collected as many as I could from the past. Then in about 2000, when no more Batman movies were made and no more of the original TAS, I got away from Batman. He was still ok at the time but I didn't like him nearly as much. Then last year came Batman Begins which sparked my interest again. I'm back collecting tons of Batman comics and anticipating sequels to Begins.

21. batmaluco Run, Batman! Run!

At first, reruns of the 60's show, but what really hooked me was Denny O'Neil & Neal Adams' Batman.
    [​IMG]

22. TwilightPro101 ........

I blame it all on the 60s show, which I've tried my hardest to completely remove from my mind.

23. Thot Registered

If memory serves, I first saw Bats in re-runs of the 60's series and started buying comic books soon thereafter. I loved the cool suit, the car, the gadgets, the eccentric villains, etc. After seeing the artwork of Neal Adams, I gained a new appreciation of the Dark Knight's original incarnation and ever after I've preferred the 1939/post 60's version of the character.

24. KnightShadow Registered

That gun he has....that freaking way-cool grapple hook gun.

I gotta get me one of those things :-D

Shadow out

25. trustyside-kick The Marine Marvel

I was just reading the poll above and I am surprised people put that what got them into Batman was his Batmobiles; odd.