First Batman Experience

Rodrigo90

Wink wink ;)
Reaction score
What is your first memory of Batman? How did he become your favourite superhero? What is your fondest experiences of Batman?

Earliest memory was watching Batman '89. I didn't see it in theatres. We rented it shortly after it came out. But I didn't become a Batman fan until I saw Batman Returns. And then BTAS came out shortly after that, and I was well and truly hooked.

i vaguely remember watching reruns of the show in the '80s, but when i saw B89 in theaters (shortly before turning 8), i fell in love.

When my Father took me to see Batman Returns in theaters. Then, I remember watching TAS :D, and well... the rest is history!

I was four and my parents tok me to see Batman Returns. All I can remember is that after Devito died all the Penquins were sad and I started crying in the theater.

Every since that day I've had a soft spot for penquins, yet he is still one of my least favorite villans.

My mother got me hooked on Batman. It was TAS I was first familiar with. But she told me, if I was placed infront of every superhero,it was Batman I went for,lol. Then my mother got me the Batman 89 movie on VHS. My Nana used to hide it,cause she thought it was too violent,lol.

I was and still am Batman mad. I even got the Prince soundtrack for the movie,lol. Still got Batman 89 and Batman Returns for the Sega Megadrive(Genesis)

I had loved Batman till I was about 6 when someone had a better halloween costume than me (we were both batman) and my friends all chose his over mine. (it was better but for some reason still angers me today.) I didn't get really back into it until Batman Begins, and now I can't go a day without doing something bat related.

Earliest memory is watching BTAS and playing with my B89 action figures.

I'm told that my parents took me to see B89 in theaters when I was just a baby. And a life-long Batman fan was created.

Being the old fart here, My first memories of Batman are early sixties, when my mom brought home a bunch of comics from the drugstore (back when that's about the only place you could get them), which included a Batman comic, one look at the cool costume he was wearing, and I was hooked. Other fond memories were when I later went to a friends house and saw the first episode of the Batman TV show, and much later, the opening scene in Batman '89.

My mom was a teacher at my grade school. After school my brother and I would just go to her classroom and wait for her to finish up her work and take us home. Batman the Animated Series was on after school.

(Not my first experience)

I remember when Batman and Robin came out, I was super excited for a month or so beforehand. I was obssesed with Mr. Freeze, thought he was the COOLEST thing. My mom had to drive me across town to find a Taco-Bell with the Freeze toy. Which was actually modeled after TAS Mr. Freeze. I had all the Taco-Bell cups, you name it. My mom even was reading the novelization to me at bed time. I still remember a line that cracked me up that never appeared in the movie.

Freeze just freezes a cop in the first scene, "Ah. A cop cicle."

Ha. Ha.

Batman Forever & BTAS in 1995 were my first memory, also I had friends in school liked Batman.

I think my first experience was TAS on TV...

my first batman comic is All Star Batman lol

I think my first experience was TAS on TV...

my first batman comic is All Star Batman lol

Don't feel to bad. I didn't start actually READING comics 'till about a year ago..(these cops and lawyers...)

I think my first real Batman story was The Long Halloween.

Don't feel to bad. I didn't start actually READING comics 'till about a year ago..(these cops and lawyers...)

I think my first real Batman story was The Long Halloween.

Thats my second book after All Star Batman Graphic Novel... :oldrazz:

My first batman movie was Batman & Robin and i havent watched it again since

Last edited:
I just bought All Star Batman and Robin #6 promo cover signed by Jim Lee.

It's awesome.

My friend recommended B:Y1 so it was my first comic read. I stopped reading after 97. I found SHH in early 2003's after that I started to read Batman comics mostly graphical novels.

Got into Batman through watching the Adam West show every Saturday morning. Very young, 2yrs old I'd say. My bro and sis used to be into comics, but my parents chocked them out, but my sis had the big book, 'Batman from the 30s to the 70s', when i got my little mitts on it I ripped a lot of pages out.
So they bought me bm toys etc, and I got my own copy of that book, and a BM costume, when I turned 5.

When I was a little kid I was totally into the 1966 TV Show ( I was born in 1964 ) and my Grandmother made me a Batman Cape with a bat-emblem & everything!

When I was a little kid I was totally into the 1966 TV Show ( I was born in 1964 ) and my Grandmother made me a Batman Cape with a bat-emblem & everything!
I was born in 72 and I only saw the afternoon repeats, but it was my first Batman experience. My first exposure to serious Batman was the '89 movie.

Can anybody remember the Commodore Amiga 500 Batman game? On the VHS on BM89,they had you answer riddles to win one.

"Im a pilot,a musician,a gardner and a teacher,who I am?"
"The Jokers game aint so pretty,whats the name of city?"

20 Years on and I STILL have no clue what those riddles meant,lol.

I was too young to see Batman in the theaters when it was first released, but fell absolutely in love when I saw it on VHS. I ate my Batman cereal religiously (my mom still has pictures of me eating it! lol!) and my GPa bought me the Batmobile. :) From there my love grew to the Animated Series and Batman Returns was on constant repeat. *sigh* Good memories!

Watched the reruns of the 60s show and then going to the theater with my bor dad and mom to see Batman 89 I was then hooked. My dad was also a big batman fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"