• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What Green Lantern Got Wrong

Ryan Reynolds.
Nothing like having a *****ey guy front your big budget blockbuster summer movie. He's probably a really nice guy, he's just got the on screen charisma of a *****ebag. I see his Blade persona in everything he does...
Combine that with the movies portrayal of Hal's *****ary, and you have a really unlikeable character.

Last edited:
^I wasn't anti-Ryan Reynolds or wanting him to fail but Hal Jordan shouldn't be cracking jokes like that. Reynolds can't seem to help it. I read that he did want to be a stand-up comedian before he became an actor. I liked Jordan's portrayal in the "New Frontier" animated movie- someone going through very serious moral dilemmas and mostly a stoic, serious guy.

From what I've read in his origins, Hal wasn't a serious, stoic guy. He was a bit of a wisecracking *****e himself that matured and became more serious over time.

From what I've read in his origins, Hal wasn't a serious, stoic guy. He was a bit of a wisecracking *****e himself that matured and became more serious over time.

I don't mind if Hal doesn't take much seriously and is irresponsible, making snide comments etc. but something about Ryan Reynold's performance is a bit too much. Too much going for the joke and delivering the gag in a sophisticated way, whereas I see Hal being more of a serious person who does occasionally make smart remarks, but isn't a comedian. There's got to be something a bit grounded about the actor rather than using an actor known for his comedic shtick.

Last edited:
...but Hal wasn't a serious person at all at that age. He was a cocky J/O.

Ryan Reynold's cocky characters just come off as a bit too... smarmy (for a lack of a better term) to be charismatic enough to capture the RDJ vibe.

Well i feel bad for Reynolds. I think he is really funny.

but this has been the 3rd time they tried to create a franchise around him.

Hannibal King didn't work.

Deadpool - Barakapool was a disgrace.

and now this.

---

they should have taken the serious - realistic - thought provoking Chris Nolan approach.

i think that the whole idea of making the green lantern world feel alittle more real would've helped. it has worked for batman. it seems like it will work for the new superman movie.

the first mistake was for them to think that they could do a all CGI planet Oa. and 2nd CGI characters was a mistake too. I mean it looked like something from a shrek movie.

i think the whole alien approach could have been handled better. i mean why do aliens always speak english? Sinestro is from outter space. not the UK. so i think they could have handled the alien - Humanoid aspect with more realisim.

i think they should have should have tried to show how the world of green lantern is full of different types of species of aliens. different cultures. different alien languages. different star systems. and earth is basically a planet that is isolated from it all. they have never seen extra terrestials.

and the lanterns basically are the peace keepers. we get introduced to the lanterns and what they are thru abin sur and sinestro as partners.

and basically abin sur and sinestro are on a mission as a duo where basically abin sur gets wounded separated and goes to earth.

then we get introduced to hal jordan. abin sur gives the ring to hal and the adventure begins. the ring shoots him to outerspace - and has to partner with sinestro to defeat a powerful foe. and basically the film is a buddy movie between sinestro and hal jordan fighting an enemy while on a journey thru the galaxy.

and then at the end of the film we are introduced to planet oa and corps. everything very breifly with a sequel ending.

but i think they made the film funny and lighthearted to fit ryan as a funny man.

they should have cast a more serious actor and went for a serious vibe. also they could have given cameos to other future lanterns like John Stewart, Kyle Rayner etc., just by name or by face.

Last edited:
...but Hal wasn't a serious person at all at that age. He was a cocky J/O.

Even so, that doesn't mean he can't be treated seriously, not just as a vehicle for a comedic actor.

Any humour or cockiness should come from the character reacting to the situations around him, not from an actor armed with one-liners.

And any seriousness from Hal is that yes he is a screw-up but he is also capable as a pilot and he does have issues in his past and does have inner demons. That stuff should be the basis before veering off to having him just be superficially goofy or a screw up.

Ryan Reynold's cocky characters just come off as a bit too... smarmy (for a lack of a better term) to be charismatic enough to capture the RDJ vibe.

Robert Downey Jr at least had the benefit of seeming to have some life experience and world-weariness, so there is something more behind the smart comments. Reynolds past pain with his father, with fear etc. just seemed tacked on.

i think they made the film funny and lighthearted to fit ryan as a funny man.

they should have cast a more serious actor and went for a serious vibe.

You look at someone like Clint Eastwood in some of his movies, and he can be funny or a screw up, but he isn't necessarily a comedic actor. It's his character reacting to the situations that make him funny. And there's something more going on behind the jokes.

Last edited:
As someone suggested before, a bit more emotion (LOL!) would have done this movie a great deal of good, not to mention taking the source material sincerely as opposed to going, "God! This is some stupid **** geeks love! Let's make fun of it!"

I would have had a scene with Hal testing the ring making a variety of constructs. He looks at his father's jacket and then makes one last construct of his dad telling him how proud he is. Hal breaks down and cries a bit.

The ring talks with his father's voice, essentially the ring version of JARVIS from Iron Man and while fighting Parralax, Hal remembers his father's words of overcoming fear and such and defeats Parralax. While the crowd cheers, Hal ignores them and whispers, "Thanks dad"

That kind of stuff really goes well with the audience and is also something from the comics. Batman Begins did something similar with making Thomas Wayne be a huge influence for Bruce

It wasn't that it didn't look good enough, it was just a bad movie and very boring to boot. Way too much time spent with Hal doubting whether he should be a Green Lantern or not.

I disagree, the movie would have gotten more butts in the seats if one of the trailers won over more members of the general audience than it did. I'm not not counting the negative word of mouth factor, sure it hurt the movie, but I'm not one of those believers who think that alot of people who are on team joe give a crap about what others think about movies. I think that the general audience knows themselves better than our kind does.

Hal spent too much time doubting himself? Lol, he only did it for like two minutes or under two minutes in total. The movie is like 100 minutes long. :doh::whatever:

^Wait you used a 2nd post to answer a question you quoted in the first one?
You're stating that Hal doubting himself for 2 mins is a good thing, I didn't care if they went for the serious embracing the hero route. But if you do it in that short of a time it means nothing, no character arc.

Last edited:
From IMDB - Topless Robot's Green Lantern Script Recap for Dummies

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1133985/board/flat/184439327?p=1

Scene 1 - Ferris Air Base (Control Center)

Blake Lively's Dad: As head of Ferris Air, I want to sell my super-awesome drones to the military. So I'm going have Hal Jordan and my daughter Blake Lively, my own two test pilots, fight them and presumably lose.

Military Guy: Huh? Why would you do that? Why would we be okay with that? You could have just told your pilots to lose on purpose so we buy your drones. If you were even slightly intelligent, you would have definitely done that.

Blake Lively's Dad: Don't worry, gentlemen. Hal Jordan is such an a--hole, he will be unable to resist trying to win. I promise.

Scene 2 - Ferris Air Base (Blake Lively's Dad's Office); after Hal and Blake return from air drone training

Blake Lively's Dad: Well, Hal, you used my daughter as a decoy and then cheated to defeat the drones.

Blake Lively: Specifically, you used me as a decoy, but didn't actually use that to your benefit, meaning you had me shot down for no reason whatsoever.

Blake Lively's Dad: Now the military is going to refuse the contract, and I'm going to have to fire countless employees. Good men are going to lose their livelihoods because of you.

Blake Lively: And although you're supposedly such an awesome pilot, you had a total freakout for no reason whatsoever and ended up destroying your incredibly expensive plane, too.

Hal Jordan: (shrugs) Oh well. Whatcha gonna do?

Blake Lively's Dad: Christ, what an a--hole.

Scene 3 - Coast; Abin Sur's spacecraft crashed

Abin Sur: Hal Jordan. The ring has chosen you because you are fearless.

(1 minute earlier - inside an energy ball)
Hal Jordan: I'm afraid of being in this crazy green energy ball!

(10 minutes earlier - during air training)
Hal Jordan: I'm afraid of dying in a test plane like my dad!

(15 minutes after getting the ring - in a bar with Blake)
Hal Jordan: I'm afraid of intimacy!

(25 minutes later - in Oa)
Hal Jordan: I'm afraid of being a Green Lantern!

(30 minutes later - in Hal's apartment)
Hal Jordan: I'm afraid I suck as a Green Lantern!

Blake Lively: You do suck. Hard

Scene 4 - Outside a bar

Newly Unemployed Man: Hal Jordan, you needlessly cost us our jobs at Air Ferris, apparently just to be a dick. We are going to beat you up outside this bar.

Hal Jordan: Hyah! (tries to throw punch, ends up throwing giant green fist; men go flying into walls and car windows)

Newly Unemployed Man: Really? The first use of your superpower is going to beat several men who you got fired unconscious?

Hal Jordan: Guess so!

Newly Unemployed Man: Christ, what an a--hole. (falls unconscious)

Scene 5 - Government Laboratory

Hector Hammond: I am a quiet if awkward Xenobiology 101 teacher that shows no aggression or ill will toward anybody. I hope I don't get infected with an alien parasite that makes my head grow and makes me evil, because at the moment, I'm significantly more sympathetic than Hal Jordan! Now, to dissect this purple alien!

(sticks hand in Abin Sur's wound, immediately gets infected with Parallax)

Hector Hammond: Well, sh**.

Scene 6 - Oa; after Hal Jordan flies to Oa where 3,000 other Green Lanterns are gathered by Sinestro

Sinestrop: Lanterns! There is a new evil loose in the universe. It's killed a few Green Lanterns including Abin Sur and two whole planets. It's coming here to Oa. So prepare yourself for battle. It may take our lives... but it will never take... our freedom!

3,000 Green Lantern Corps: Bravehea-- we mean Green Lantern Corps! Green Lantern Corps! Hurray for battle cries and making planets glow in the dark with our rings!

(a minute later)

Jeremy Clarke Kilowog: Hal Jordan, now that you've arrived on Oa, let's train for two minutes.

(they train for two minutes; Sinestro arrives)

Sinestro: Hal Jordan, Abin Sur was the greatest Green Lantern ever. You embarrass him by wearing his ring. And even though my name sounds pure evil, and though I also may look like a bad guy with my pencil-thin mustache, the fact is... I've been fighting for good in this whole movie so far. And since you've just been a huge *****ebag throught the film, I am obviously right about my assessment. The audience even says I'm more likeable than you too, even though the Mom's think I look like an intergalactic pedophile.

Hal Jordan: This Green Lantern sh** is hard. I quit.

Sinestro: What?

Hal Jordan: Yeah, I'm going home. See if I can bang Blake Lively or something.

Sinestro: Seriously? You're chosen to guard part of the universe, and not only are you quitting after two minutes, leaving countless lives in jeopardy, you're not even going to try? How the hell are you the hero of this film?

Hal Jordan: I'm not sure. Sniff you jerks later! (flies off)

Jeremy Clarke Kilowog: Christ, what an a--hole.

Scene 7 - Oa; Guardian's Circle

Sinestro: Guardians! There is a new evil loose in the universe. It's killed a few Green Lanterns including Abin Sur and two whole planets. It comes from the planet where Abin Sur imprisoned Parallax. Also, survivors say it's really yellow and evil, just like Parallax. Also, it looks like Parallax.

Guardians: ...

Sinestro: I think it might be Parallax.

Guardians: Okay, we'll get around to that.

Sinestro: Really? You're going to be morally ambiguous here? I know you've been ***** in the comics for years, but this is the very first movie. If you aren't clearly good, it makes the entire Green Lantern concept questionable to people who are learning about Green Lantern for the first time. And frankly, Hal isn't earning us any good will either.

Guardians: Um... we have to go do our hair.

Sinestro: Goddammit.

Scene 8 - Huge Party at Blake Lively's Dad's Mansion

Blake Lively's Dad: Well, Hal, despite you being a total prick, we got the military contract anyways. You are invited to this big fancy party that I'm throwing with the money I ended up saving after I fired all those people.

Hal Jordan: Awesome. (steals people's drinks even though there's an open bar)

Hector Hammond's Dad: I am going to think mean things about you, son, and then get on a helicopter.

Hector Hammond: I'm going to hear those mean things, because of my new ill-defined powers, and then I'm going to break your helicopter while it's in flight.

(Hector Hammond's Dad gets in helicopter, it takes off, Hector Hammond breaks it with his mind, it crashes at the edge of the party and slides length-wise across a pool of panicking party goers, potentially killing dozens of people)

Blake Lively: Oh no! The helicopter is getting close to me!

Hal Jordan: I have finally decided to help! (puts helicopter on elaborate, ostentatious giant Hot Wheels track instead of just stopping it)

Every Single Other Person at the Party: Christ, what an a--hole.

Scene 9 - Oa; Guardian's Circle; Sinestro and Guardians part 2

Sinestro: Well, guess *beep* what? It was Parallax. Killed a bunch more Green Lanterns, too. Mind telling me what you know about Parallax now?

Guardians: (sighs) Okay. At one point we thought about fighting evil with the yellow emotion of fear in addition to the green emotion of willpower.

Sinestro: Willpower is not an emotion.

Guardians: Shut up. Anyways, turns out that the yellow power of fear was too powerful and uncontrollable and totally evil, and it even possessed one of the Guardians, who transformed into Parallax. So really, our messing with the yellow power of fear is what caused this entire problem in the first place.

Sinestro: I have an idea: Let's do that exact same thing. And maybe make a yellow power ring or something.

Guardians: That is the BEST. PLAN. EVER.

Scene 10 - Hal's apartment; after attacking Hector Hammond in Laboratory

Hal Jordan: I'm seriously afraid of being a Green Lantern.

Blake Lively: Jesus, really? Still? The movie is two-thirds over at this point. Can't you do something heroic?

Hal Jordan: Well, I just fought Hector Hammond. Although he totally kicked my a** and managed to kill his dad while I was there.

Blake Lively: That's not heroic at all. How did you even get away?

Hal Jordan: I don't really know. I kind of put my ring on him and it pushed him across the room. And then the scene just ended.

Blake Lively: You mean, you didn't even follow him or anything?

Hal Jordan: Nope. Actually, the very next scene was Hector waking up in his own cozy bed in his own apartment, so he's not even hiding or anything. Apparently I couldn't care less what he does.

Blake Lively: Ugh. Look, Hal. You're clearly afraid of everything, ever. So obviously what the purple alien dude meant is that you aren't fearless, but that you have the power to overcome fear. Even though he specifically called you fearless and you've given zero evidence that you can actually overcome fear to any degree.

Hal Jordan: Huh? I wasn't listening. Anyways, I'm going to go away for a while and let Hector capture you in your sleep. (flies off)

Blake Lively: Christ, what an a--hole.

Scene 11 - Hector Hammond's apartment; after getting beat up by Green Lantern

Parallax: HEY, HECTOR.

Hector Hammond: Hey, Parallax.

Parallax: I AM GOING TO THE PLANET OA TO EAT EVERYBODY. WHAT ARE YOU UP TO?

Hector Hammond: Well, you made me evil, so I'm going to *beep* around with Hal Jordan and Blake Lively because of some tenuous connection in our past that the movie only alluded to barely five minutes ago.

Parallax: OKAY, COOL. HEY, HAL JORDAN WEARS THE RING OF THE DUDE WHO IMPRISONED ME, RIGHT? I THINK I'LL COME TO EARTH, EAT HIM AND ALL OF HUMANITY, AND THEN I'LL BE POWERFUL ENOUGH TO GO TO OA AND DEFEAT THE GUARDIANS AND ALL THE GREEN LANTERNS!

Hector Hammond: Um... doesn't that mean you aren't powerful enough to defeat the Guardians and Green Lanterns right now?

Parallax: WELL... YES.

Hector Hammond: So... why were you going to Oa?
(pause)

Parallax: OH SH**! I SEE WHAT YOU MEAN! I WAS ABOUT TO GET MY ASS KICKED!

Hector Hammond: Yeah, you were!

Parallax: I'M SO GLAD I CALLED!

Scene 12 - Oa; Guardian's Circle; Hal flies to Oa to speak with the Guardians

Hal Jordan: Guardians! I'm ready to be a hero now! Parallax is heading to Earth! And we don't have much time, because the movie is like 6/7th's over!

Guardians: Okay... what do you want?

Hal Jordan: I want you to send all the Green Lanterns to Earth to fight Parallax!

Guardians: (pretending to think) ...nah.

Hal Jordan: Really?

Guardians: Really.

Hal Jordan: Well, let me fight on Earth's behalf!

Guardians: Huh?

Hal Jordan: I said, let me fight on Ea--

Guardians: We know what you said. But did we ever tell you... you couldn't fight for Earth?

Hal Jordan: Well... no...

Guardians: Actually, have we ever told you anything at all in this whole movie? Ever?

Hal Jordan: Um... I guess not.

Guardians: Have you even been introduced to us at all in this movie?

Hal Jordan: ... Hi! I'm Hal Jordan!

Guardians: Have we ever appeared to have given the tiniest sh** about you? Even when you quit the Green Lantern Corps but still took your Power Ring with you?

Hal Jordan: No, not really.

Guardians: So why would you ask us permission to fight for your own planet?

Hal Jordan: Well... I guess I needed a plot device for a reason to fight the Parallax solo, rather than look like a tool fighting alongside the other 3,000 Green Lanterns that came by to hear Sinestro's Braveheart speech about an hour ago.

Guardians: Go ahead. Knock yourself out.

Hal Jordan: Oh. I guess I'll be going then. (flies back to Earth)

Guardians: Christ, what an a--hole.

Scene 13 - Ferris Airbase Hanger; Hector captures a sleeping Blake Lively

Hector Hammond: I have captured Blake Lively!

Hal Jordan: You certainly have. Let her go, and you can have my Green Lantern ring.

Hector Hammond: Bullsh**. Only people who are worthy can wear a Power Ring. I've never read a Green Lantern comic and even I know that.

Hal Jordan: No, it's cool. Seriously. (tosses ring to Hector, Hector puts it on)

Hector Hammond: Holy sh**! (uses ring to blast wall) Uh-oh, the GL fanboys are going to lose their sh** over this.

Hal Jordan: Ha ha! I lied! You have to be chosen to use the ring!

Hector Hammond: Dude. I just used it. You saw me. I clearly don't have to be chosen.

(ring suddenly tases Hector for no discernable reason; Parallax breaks into the building)

Parallax: I SEE THAT GREEN LANTERN! HE'S STILL ALIVE! HECTOR HAMMOND, YOU HAVE FAILED ME! I EAT YOU NOW! OM-NOM-NOM-NOM.

(Parallax eats Hector's soul, drops body to the floor, which is still wearing the Power Ring)

Hal Jordan: Hey.

Parallax: HEY. SO... YOU GOING TO SUMMON YOUR RING TO YOU AND FIGHT ME OR SOMETHING?

Hal Jordan: Apparently I can't do that. I have to walk over there and pick it up.

Parallax: REALLY? THAT'S BULLSH**. OH WELL, YOU TAKE YOUR TIME TO GET YOUR RING AND TALK TO BLAKE LIVELY, AND FEEL FREE TO TAKE THE TIME YOU NEED TO COLLECT YOURSELF. I'LL JUST LEAVE AND EAT SOME PEOPLE IN THE CITY OR SOMETHING.

Hal Jordan: Thanks, dude!

Hector Hammond's Corpse: Christ, what an a--hole.

Scene 14 - Outer Space; after Hal uses a propeller to blow past Parallax into space

Hal Jordan: Parallax!

Parallax: VAN WILDER!

Hal Jordan: It is the final battle! I am one lone, incredibly *****y Green Lantern!

Parallax: SPEAKING OF *****, WHERE ARE YOUR OTHER 3,000 FRIENDS?

Hal Jordan: Oh, I used a plot device earlier to have them all scrapped. We couldn't afford to go over our $150 million budget. (...oops!)

Parallax: WELL IN THAT CASE... I AM PARALLAX! THE ULTIMATE EVIL IN THE UNIVERSE WHO CAN DESTROY WHOLE PLANETS AND HORDES OF GREEN LANTERNS WITH THE EXCEPTION OF ABIN SUR!

Hal Jordan: Yes! But when you were chasing me, I flew really close to the sun, and now you're being sucked into its gravitational pull!
(pause)

Parallax: OH, SH**.

Hal Jordan: Yep!

Parallax: GOD, THIS IS EMBARRASSING. IT'S THE GALACTIC EQUIVALENT OF NOT LOOKING BOTH WAYS BEFORE CROSSING THE STREET.

Hal Jordan: Seriously. I can't believe all the Green Lanterns had such a tough time with you, because you are one stupid *beep*

Parallax: HOW THE HELL DID THIS EVEN HAPPEN? WEREN'T WE JUST PASSING BY THE ASTEROID BELTS BETWEEN MARS AND JUPITER ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM? HOW DID WE GET TO THE SUN?

Hal Jordan: I dunno. Who pays attention to these details anyway? Not the audience.

Parallax: SERIOUSLY, IT'S LIKE A LOONEY TUNES CARTOON, WHERE WILE E. COYOTE MAKES A PIT AND COVERS IT WITH STICKS OR SOME SH** THEN FALLS OFF A PIT. I CAN'T BELIEVE I EVEN FELL FOR IT.

Hal Jordan: You know what the best part is? Even though you were defeated by your own stupidity, we're all going to pretend that this fulfills my heroic journey and all the Green Lanterns will like me now! Even Sinestro!

Parallax: *beep* REALLY?

Hal Jordan: Yep!

Parallax: CHRIST, WHAAT AN AAAAAASSSSHHHHOOOOOLLLLL-- (gets sucked into the sun and burns up)

Scene 15 - Oa; after the credits roll

Sinestro: I have been significantly more heroic than Hal Jordan this entire film. I tried to protect the universe. I actually fought Parallax instead of just tricking him into flying into the sun. I called Hal Jordan a *****e, but only while he was totally being a *****e. I only wanted the clearly evil Yellow Power Ring to fight the evil of Parallax and save lives. And just a minute ago, I talked about how awesome Hal was in front of the whole Green Lantern Corps for the film's final scene.

Sinestro: (continues) I have been a good guy for the entirety of the movie... while Hal's only been a hero for maybe 10%, 15% tops.

(roll credits)

Sinestro: I'm not putting on the Yellow Power Ring.

Hal Jordan: Oh yes you are.

Sinestro: No I'm not. I have no motivation to do it. Parallax is dead, albeit in a very stupid way. I've been a good guy the entire film. It's totally against my character as established throughout the movie.

Hal Jordan: Sorry, you're the bad guy in the sequel.

Sinestro: There's not going to be a sequel! This movie sucked! It doesn't even look like we're going to break even!

Hal Jordan: Maybe, but you still gotta put it on. Just in case.

Sinestro: Goddammit. (puts on Yellow Power Ring, his outfit transforms into his Sinestro Corps uniform)

Hal Jordan: Thanks, dude! Sniff you later! (flies off)

Sinestro: Christ, what an a--hole.

This is damn good stuff.

Christ, what an *******. :funny:

Basically all was already said here, but what I really found annoying is the final battle,, they reached the asteroid belt and the sun real quick, I mean, they're millions of miles away, is not like they fly at the speed of light.

Hal Jordan was an ass-hat. He sacrifices his wingman so he can show off, then realizes he can't win, so he cheats, breaks the rules of engagement, rendering the entire exercise invalid, costing hundreds of people their jobs, ends up crashing a hundred-million dollar plane despite having the training and plenty of time to recover, but parachutes out like a pansy.

There is a single line of dialogue that sums up why Hal was such a bad leading character. Carol says something like "You've been given so much..."

Yea, and he's still a whiney *****e bag.

I still hate the awkward fight scene when Hector Hammond 'disappears' into the mist, while Hal just lets him go. Then they both..go back to their apartments. Bad editing, bad payoff.

the first mistake was for them to think that they could do a all CGI planet Oa. and 2nd CGI characters was a mistake too. I mean it looked like something from a shrek movie.
What ? It looked nothing like a Shrek movie.

i think the whole alien approach could have been handled better. i mean why do aliens always speak english? Sinestro is from outter space. not the UK. so i think they could have handled the alien - Humanoid aspect with more realisim.

Tomar Re explains to Hal that the ring translates the alien language into English for him to understand. maybe you missed that.

i think they should have should have tried to show how the world of green lantern is full of different types of species of aliens. different cultures. different alien languages. different star systems. and earth is basically a planet that is isolated from it all. they have never seen extra terrestials.

Many different types of Alien species were shown in the movie, but they were not given enough time. Didn't Tomar Re say that Hal is the first Human to wear the ring and that most considered Earth as primitive world ? :huh:

and the lanterns basically are the peace keepers. we get introduced to the lanterns and what they are thru abin sur and sinestro as partners.

and basically abin sur and sinestro are on a mission as a duo where basically abin sur gets wounded separated and goes to earth.

The script was not written like that, maybe it should have.

but i think they made the film funny and lighthearted to fit ryan as a funny man.

they should have cast a more serious actor and went for a serious vibe. also they could have given cameos to other future lanterns like John Stewart, Kyle Rayner etc., just by name or by face.

Cast a serious actor for example - Jon Hamm as Hal Jordan and the movie would have made 20 mil. world wide.

Last edited:
I still hate the awkward fight scene when Hector Hammond 'disappears' into the mist, while Hal just lets him go. Then they both..go back to their apartments. Bad editing, bad payoff.

While I liked the fight itself, it was rather jarring the way it ended and then they are both just at home acting like nothing happened. HH dissappearing into the mist was a little strange as well, Hal was still on the ground at this point, why didnt he try and finish him off?

How would Jon Hamm have netted $20 million world wide? As far as I've seen, he doesn't have any drawing or that much star power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"