What if they SLOWLY turned Smallville into a full blown Superman series?

Well, Hatcher's Lois knew, but waited for Clark to tell her.

Remember,

He asked her to marry him, and she said "Whose asking, Clark...or Superman?" Then she took off his glasses.

I love that episode.:(

It's been a while since I've seen the later seasons of Lois and Clark so I could be mistaken.

Even before Clark proposed to Lois, didn't Lois first find out about Clark being Superman in the episode where she and Clark traveled back in time to stop a criminal named Tempus, who was trying to kill Clark as a baby when he first crash landed in Smallville?

The future that Tempus was from, everyone knew Clark was really Superman and their society was built on the morals and ethics established by Superman. Tempus told Lois the truth (in a very funny way, by putting on a pair of glasses and taking them off repeatedly). By the end of the episode, Clark was able to change the present so Lois didn't know again.

I always thought in the engagement episode, after Clark told her the truth, Lois knew because she never forgot.

Sorry about going off-topic, though. We're in the Smallville forums, didn't mean to turn this into a Lois and Clark discussion. :O

avidreader said:
Um...... isnt that what we've got or is that what you are implying. :O
guess that would be SR..

Smallville Returns.. :)

avidreader said:
^^^ Teri Hatcher's Lois figured it out on her own too, although she was really blinded by love to not have noticed it sooner.

But didn't she figure it out because when she was frozen her senses were hegitened and she could tell it was the same hand, because both Clark and Superman touched her in the same way

BenReilly19 said:
It's been a while since I've seen the later seasons of Lois and Clark so I could be mistaken.

Even before Clark proposed to Lois, didn't Lois first find out about Clark being Superman in the episode where she and Clark traveled back in time to stop a criminal named Tempus, who was trying to kill Clark as a baby when he first crash landed in Smallville?

The future that Tempus was from, everyone knew Clark was really Superman and their society was built on the morals and ethics established by Superman. Tempus told Lois the truth (in a very funny way, by putting on a pair of glasses and taking them off repeatedly). By the end of the episode, Clark was able to change the present so Lois didn't know again.

I always thought in the engagement episode, after Clark told her the truth, Lois knew because she never forgot.

Sorry about going off-topic, though. We're in the Smallville forums, didn't mean to turn this into a Lois and Clark discussion.

As I remember both Lois and Clark forgot about there time travelling adventure but HG Wells made Lois remember in the parrael universe.

BTW still to this day I wonder what were they smoking when they made HG Wells into a character on the show. Is this from the comics?

Nah it's just Lois and Clark being a mediocre (but watchable) show..

KalKai said:
Smallville works because it's new & fresh, something that the movie isn't.

"Planning" doesn't mean "confirmed" or "greenlit". There's plenty of time left anyway, 3 years, things change.

Mark my words... SR2 won't happen.

BUT IF they do make it, trust me it will bomb as badly if not worse then SR, and there would be no more Superman for atleast a good 20 years!

The WB wants to make money from the Superman character in the upcoming years so letting this turkey named SR die, and expanding a very popular show after it runs its course on tv to the big screen is the right move.

If not only the logical one... SR wont turn them a profit but with Smallville you have a product which is so well accepted as the new incarnation of SUPERMAN that there has been 2 years of bad buzz for the movie...

Alot of it was because Welling wasn't cast in the movie... The WB needs to have someone run up in there, and shake some heads so they could wake up, and smell the coffey! This movie of Singers just really hurt your Superman character... DONT MAKE IT WORSE by letting a sequel happen!

FanboyX_Returns said:
Mark my words... SR2 won't happen.

BUT IF they do make it, trust me it will bomb as badly if not worse then SR, and there would be no more Superman for atleast a good 20 years!

The WB wants to make money from the Superman character in the upcoming years so letting this turkey named SR die, and expanding a very popular show after it runs its course on tv to the big screen is the right move.

If not only the logical one... SR wont turn them a profit but with Smallville you have a product which is so well accepted as the new incarnation of SUPERMAN that there has been 2 years of bad buzz for the movie...

Alot of it was because Welling wasn't cast in the movie... The WB needs to have someone run up in there, and shake some heads so they could wake up, and smell the coffey! This movie of Singers just really hurt your Superman character... DONT MAKE IT WORSE by letting a sequel happen!

Yeah. I hated going to see the film with all those picketing Smallville fans beating me with their Tom Welling signs. That sucked.

Pickle-El said:
Yeah. I hated going to see the film with all those picketing Smallville fans beating me with their Tom Welling signs. That sucked.
Oh snap! Was that YOU, Pickle? Damn, I'm sorry. That looked like it hurt too. :O

AgentPat said:
Oh snap! Was that YOU, Pickle? Damn, I'm sorry. That looked like it hurt too. :O

LOL, sorry Pickle, I should apologize also.:D
Especially since my board was made of metal.:eek:

Seriously, whether there is a sequel or not, it won't matter....it can't get worse.

As far as Lois and Clark, yes, Lois figured it out when Clark froze her and touched her face. And whether having H.G. Wells in the show was a good idea or not, the episodes that involved him were some of the best of the series.:up: :)

Brainiac 8 said:
Seriously, whether there is a sequel or not, it won't matter....it can't get worse.
- Said as the clouds part and lightning zaps B8's butt clear into the next millennium. :p ;) :D

AgentPat said:
- Said as the clouds part and lightning zaps B8's butt clear into the next millennium. :p ;) :D

OUCH! Now where did that come from!?!:eek: :( ;)

Brainiac 8 said:
OUCH! Now where did that come from!?!:eek: :( ;)
Hee! Anytime you say something can't get worse, you temp Fate. She's cruel, y'know? LOL :hyper:

Bruce, that "Metropolis" vid was great! :up:

The best way to complete the smallville series arc would be to:
1. show Clark learning how to fly (as in finally perfecting it) like in the 2nd episode of the animated series (by curiousity and accident)

2. show the transition of Clark to Superman from the time he decides to leave smallville to learn more about his powers and gain degrees (each episode in the final season carefully plotted to lead to the next but where it's a "X no of days/months/years later" kind of progression, while being logical) so we actually see clark's transformation in attitude and his decision to be a hero, and even an episode on the decision of choosing his disguises & personality.

3. Show his entry into the superman scene as :

a) clark kent reporter -- recognising but not being recognised by lois who by then has lost major aspects of her time in smallville with him, to clearly recognise the two identities... although she merely remembers clark as a helpful, concerned teen friend, but can hardly recognise him or relate him to the Superhero he is. He passes off as clark with specs...tellling them his hard studies got him severely short-sighted. And with Clark taking all the spotlight close up, Superman can maintain his secret as a soaring public figure.

b) as Superman in rescuing the space shuttle etc...as per the traditional superman Mythos and similar to the animated Series, where he'll encounter the 'new & badass' Lex Luthor (whom clark remembers, but who lex doesn't recognise). moreover while Lex's obsession is Superman, he'll be more personal with clark as a healthy rivalry whose reporting challenges lex's exploits.

For Lex, Krypton and Superman are related, but Clark was affected by the meteor in a similar way that he was [coz he has seen clark shed blood many times in smallville, and clark's bumbling persona could be attributed, by lex, to 'seeing the real world']. His whole attitude will prevent him from seeing the 2 of them as one and the same...not to mention the public opinion and awe...that's just as misleading and distracting.

4. In the Meantime, as Superman, He will meet Cyborg, The Flash, Aquaman all in their superhero persona.

5. The Final episodes of the Final season will show Clark/Superman falling in love with lois, and after settling down in Metropolis, the last episode would literally play on when of the great superman mission in the Comics/Animated Series (such as meeting Darkseid). The last 2 episodes will be similar to Father's Day episode in the STAS.

The Final Episode will see Superman flying off to meet Darkseid in Apokolips in the end with the final words in the credits:

"Superman flies off to face his destiny, to protect Earth, his home...
In the Near Future:
- He will found and lead the Vigilante Corp Justice League
- Face the Greatest Villians and Crisis ever taken on by him
- Repeatedly test his sworn duty, his morals, values, motivations to protect and show Earth the light to live a great life"
- While he protects his identity and the people he loves and has loved
- Becoming the Greatest and most loved legend the world has ever seen.

The Legend Lives on...."

and then ends with the ending music of the First Season of Smallville.

AgentPat said:

B8, you ok?

Pat....did you just have my friend smited?

AgentPat said:
Bruce, that "Metropolis" vid was great! :up:

I'm glad you liked it. It just makes you believe even more that it could work. I'm not really in favour of continuing the show, but as a mini-series those credits would work really well as well...

Bruce_Wayne29 said:
I'm glad you liked it. It just makes you believe even more that it could work. I'm not really in favour of continuing the show, but as a mini-series those credits would work really well as well...
I think it will be fantastic when interwoven with the existing smallville credits...kinda like "Smallville-Metropolis" at the point of transforming clark into superman.

mano012sg said:
The best way to complete the smallville series arc would be to:
1. show Clark learning how to fly (as in finally perfecting it) like in the 2nd episode of the animated series (by curiousity and accident)

2. show the transition of Clark to Superman from the time he decides to leave smallville to learn more about his powers and gain degrees (each episode in the final season carefully plotted to lead to the next but where it's a "X no of days/months/years later" kind of progression, while being logical) so we actually see clark's transformation in attitude and his decision to be a hero, and even an episode on the decision of choosing his disguises & personality.

3. Show his entry into the superman scene as :

a) clark kent reporter -- recognising but not being recognised by lois who by then has lost major aspects of her time in smallville with him, to clearly recognise the two identities... although she merely remembers clark as a helpful, concerned teen friend, but can hardly recognise him or relate him to the Superhero he is. He passes off as clark with specs...tellling them his hard studies got him severely short-sighted. And with Clark taking all the spotlight close up, Superman can maintain his secret as a soaring public figure.

b) as Superman in rescuing the space shuttle etc...as per the traditional superman Mythos and similar to the animated Series, where he'll encounter the 'new & badass' Lex Luthor (whom clark remembers, but who lex doesn't recognise). moreover while Lex's obsession is Superman, he'll be more personal with clark as a healthy rivalry whose reporting challenges lex's exploits.

For Lex, Krypton and Superman are related, but Clark was affected by the meteor in a similar way that he was [coz he has seen clark shed blood many times in smallville, and clark's bumbling persona could be attributed, by lex, to 'seeing the real world']. His whole attitude will prevent him from seeing the 2 of them as one and the same...not to mention the public opinion and awe...that's just as misleading and distracting.

4. In the Meantime, as Superman, He will meet Cyborg, The Flash, Aquaman all in their superhero persona.

5. The Final episodes of the Final season will show Clark/Superman falling in love with lois, and after settling down in Metropolis, the last episode would literally play on when of the great superman mission in the Comics/Animated Series (such as meeting Darkseid). The last 2 episodes will be similar to Father's Day episode in the STAS.

The Final Episode will see Superman flying off to meet Darkseid in Apokolips in the end with the final words in the credits:

"Superman flies off to face his destiny, to protect Earth, his home...
In the Near Future:
- He will found and lead the Vigilante Corp Justice League
- Face the Greatest Villians and Crisis ever taken on by him
- Repeatedly test his sworn duty, his morals, values, motivations to protect and show Earth the light to live a great life"
- While he protects his identity and the people he loves and has loved
- Becoming the Greatest and most loved legend the world has ever seen.

The Legend Lives on...."

and then ends with the ending music of the First Season of Smallville.
this possibility of the finale season...i believe would be both a launch pad and a seperate superman issue at the same time. this is beacuse it would serve as like a central-rod from which all other superman movies, dramas etc...past present and future could take reference from in some kind of a timeline relative to the episode.

Since the other thread was closed I'm gonna answer Pat on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Wayne29
Hum actually he does. I'm not following the current continuity that closely but when he was President of the USA he found out Clark's secret and kept it to himself and I think has only revealed it to Pete Ross.

Bruce, I meant in current comic continuity. Maybe I need to catch up a bit, but he doesn't know in Superman, IC, Justice, AC, AOS, Birthright, LLMOS, etc, right?

Quote:
It just goes to show us that our theory of (in case he does found out in the show) Lex keeping it to himself out of pride or loyalty to Clark's friendship could be a way to make this work...

I think it would be awesome to have Lex - and even Lois - know about Clark in SV continuity. We've had this discussion before, but I think it would be quite a fun tangent. Clark would know that Lex knows, but neither would admit it to one another. Lex wouldn't publicly expose Clark for being an alien because he'd want to destroy Superman, which is Clark's way of being himself. When Clark is Superman, he has everything that Lex craves: power, world love and admiration. There would forever be a cat and mouse game going on between Superman, Lex, and Clark.

And Lois knowing about Clark would be even more fun. Lois has a thing for guys that want to save the world: superheroes. She also has a soft spot for "a nerd with glasses" and said she "would be lucky to end up with someone as honorable as Clark someday." Right now however, the two mix like fire and water. Lois busts Clark's chops like nobody else. Clark dishes it back when he can, but he's also realized that Lois often "knows him better than anyone." So the seeds are already in place.

So what would happen if Lois knew Clark was Superman later, but he *didn't* know she knew? They would likely continue to bust each other's chops as reporters. Clark would show interest in Lois, but she would dismiss him as she usually does. But when Superman showed up, Lois would be noticeably weak in the knees, but Superman would remain distant. It presents a unique twist on the established mythos because now it's a double fraud. Clark thinks he's getting away with it when in fact the "joke" is on him. The ruse still works in the grand scheme of things, but the humor is elevated beyond the campy ludicrousness of Lois not figuring it out - especially SV's Lois, a woman who's actually LIVED with Clark *before* he wore glasses.

I agree with everything you said Pat. I always thought that Clark and Lex being friends would make for a much more tragic situation and more drama to the show.
And I think Lois (aside from the explanation we already heard on the show for keeping the secret) would use the situation to her advantage in the sense that she could flirt with Clark publicly while he is Superman (because he is acting different and more confident) and because her pride (remember she said that she would never date someone like Clark) wouldn't let her admit she fell in love with the farm boy and she could continue to tease him while he is acting as Clark Kent (the facade).
Again more cat and mouse and a very funny private joke for Lois.

Kaboom said:
B8, you ok?

Pat....did you just have my friend smited?

I'm ok, but it's the last time I say, "It can't get worse!"

*Zap*

oops....:eek: :(

boywonder13 said:
they couold always start a comic book series entitled "Metropolis" based on the universe of Smallville to satisfy the fans that want that to happen...
It was a great idea but now that we have All-Star I doubt we'll see this idea happen.

All-Star Superman said:
It was a great idea but now that we have All-Star I doubt we'll see this idea happen.

It's such a horribly written book in my opinion.

Marvel did much better with their Ultimate Line than DC did with the All-Star series.

For some reason I just couldn't get into the book. I know many who like it though.:confused:

Brainiac 8 said:
It's such a horribly written book in my opinion.

Marvel did much better with their Ultimate Line than DC did with the All-Star series.

For some reason I just couldn't get into the book. I know many who like it though.:confused:
All-Star Superman is good and Wonder Woman sounds like it will be good as well. All-Star Batman.....................well thats another story. The problem with the books are deadlines they can't meet them. But if they did do something like the Ultimate line then you wouldn't see a trace of Smallville but of the movies Superman: The Movie and Batman Begins because of you look at X-Men and Spider-Man they are more based close to the movies. Smallville's best chance was their own comic which could have been turned into something more if it was selling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"