The Amazing Spider-Man 2 What if this film gets nominated for a razzie

I doubt this film will get that because even the critics that didn't care for it, liked it quite a bit in places. So I think its safe from that.

If anyone gets nominated for a Razzie in this film it should be Foxx or Giamatti.

If anyone gets nominated for a Razzie in this film it should be Foxx or Giamatti.
:up:

For as bad Foxx was, Giamatti was much worse, limited screen time and all.

He seemed to be doing his best impression of a Russian Yosemite Sam more than anything else. For that alone, he should be awarded a Razzie by default. And fans of this movie like to complain about camp...good grief.

Last edited:
If Giamatti had a main role he would have definitely been worth a Razzie. I haven't seen a performance that bad in a CBM since Batman and Robin.

If Giamatti had a main role he would have definitely been worth a Razzie. I haven't seen a performance that bad in a CBM since Batman and Robin.
Couldn't agree more, it was a weird way to start the movie after the Richard Parker scene. I genuinely didn't understand half of what he said.:doh:

Not gonna lie, if this movie gets nominated for a Razzie, I will laugh REALLY hard. Let's face it though: It simply won't happen.

I completely agree.

I knew the second I found out Giamatti was cast that he would deliver a performance like that. I just knew it ... I felt an immediate sense of dread.

I'm sorry, I know Giamatti is recognized as a really good actor, but he has always annoyed me. The two seconds he was in this movie embodies everything I don't like about his acting. He definitely made his mark within that short time span. :dry:

I think he is the only one that deserves mentioning in a Razzie situation, but probably wasnt in the movie enough to warrant one. If theres a category for worst comic book villain however.....

Other than that I dont think theres anything that bad, Webb might get some stick from some parts for his uneven directing, but this isnt Catwoman bad.

:up:

For as bad Foxx was, Giamatti was much worse, limited screen time and all.

He seemed to be doing his best impression of a Russian Yosemite Sam more than anything else. For that alone, he should be awarded a Razzie by default. And fans of this movie like to complain about camp...good grief.

Paul Giamatti's Rhino makes Arnold Schwarzenegger's Mr. Freeze look like Heath Ledger's Joker.

Paul Giamatti's Rhino makes Arnold Schwarzenegger's Mr. Freeze look like Heath Ledger's Joker.

I have to agree. If this is one of the characters Webb & Arad have in mind for headlining the Sinister Six, then we're in for it in the worst kind of way. Can you imagine this guy being one of the main villains in that kind of showdown?

Zangief of that disaster of a Street Fighter movie immediately springs to mind.

"Quick, change the channel!"

That's very well may be what I'll be thinking to myself if the S6 movie follows the same trajectory as TASM 2.

Couldn't agree more, it was a weird way to start the movie after the Richard Parker scene. I genuinely didn't understand half of what he said.:doh:

I'm still a few days out from seeing this film but.....................wow.

I think that based on the criticisms, they might tell Giamatti to tone it down when playing Rhino in the future.

I felt legitimately embarassed for Paul Giamatti. That was terrible. I have no idea how the filmakers watched that performance and thought "yep, thats it right there!"

If this film doesn't get nominated then it'll be the worst year in film history. Not many movies are going to be worse than this one.

Honestly, it really is THAT bad. Jamie Foxx has to be a lock winner at this point.

T"Challa;28659249 said:
I felt legitimately embarassed for Paul Giamatti. That was terrible. I have no idea how the filmakers watched that performance and thought "yep, thats it right there!"

Seeing his character made me embarrassed for watching this movie. I had such a disconnect with the film that hadn't happened since the redneck breakfast scene to start Rob Zombie's Halloween. I didn't dare look at my wife because I knew she was giving me the "seriously?" expression.

I'll have my fun watching the ceremony

stephen-a-smith-laugh.gif

This thread shows why comic book fans have traditionally had a bad rap. Impotent nerd rage to the max.

I could understand this maybe not being everyone's favorite, but comparisons to Catwoman or Batman and Robin is ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"