What is the future of Ben Affleck as Batman in the DCEU?

Yeah, I think he's gone now. And to be completely honest, I want him gone at this point. I want this stupid drama over with. I'm just over it. Let the guy move on and bring in somebody who'd be interested in playing the part long-term.

I saw this coming,i believe his interest in portraying the role has changed a lot,and with the rumors of heads bumping he may be in one more JL movie and it's a wrap.

There have been unsettling rumors for awhile, so it's not shocking. I like him and I'd like to see him stay in the role but if he wants out they can certainly do well without him -- I almost wish they'd dumped him after BvS if that was the case though.

Frankly if you're doing a new Batman trilogy might as well recast the Joker, too. Get it right... I wonder if the effort would be made to tell a prequel with a younger less jaded Batman or to simply recast the older Batman.

Yeah, I think he's gone now. And to be completely honest, I want him gone at this point. I want this stupid drama over with. I'm just over it. Let the guy move on and bring in somebody who'd be interested in playing the part long-term.

pretty sure he is gone after justice league reshoots.role will then be recast in the batman.

I don't see a reason why they need to make a in-movie reason for recasting. Just recast and move on.

I don't see a reason why they need to make a in-movie reason for recasting. Just recast and move on.

I agree. Personally I have zero interest in a non-Bruce Wayne Batman movie.

Just recast. The change from Keaton to Kilmer wasn't that jarring. This has happened before. It's not a big deal.

I agree. Personally I have zero interest in a non-Bruce Wayne Batman movie.
Same buddy. Unless they do a Batman Beyond movie after having done a bunch of Bruce Wayne Batman movies.

Dick Grayson rules. But Bruce Wayne is Batman.

I think he might still stay on

but if they do have to recast I wonder who they would choose

Just recast. The change from Keaton to Kilmer wasn't that jarring. This has happened before. It's not a big deal.

Yeah the Bruce Banner actor change was a smooth transition too.

I've noticed that Affleck has dropped out of a lot of roles recently. Acting is not on his mind right now

Will Affleck be part of the comic con tomorrow?

If so, perhaps he'll say something

Now that we're recasting..I've always been on the Richard Armitage bandwagon (deep voice, muscular-scary eyes).

I think Urban would be great, but I think he has a bit of a poofy face.

Micheal Fassbander probably has too much Fox obligations to be Batman, but he would do really well.

John Hamm is older than Affleck, but he'd probably be the best Bruce Wayne of all time.

It's tough, because a lot the great "known" actors are aging out.

I've noticed that Affleck has dropped out of a lot of roles recently. Acting is not on his mind right now

Will Affleck be part of the comic con tomorrow?

If so, perhaps he'll say something

If he is and this rumor is true, I doubt anyone will say anything. Especially since they would be there to promote Justice League...a movie that he will be in.

What I hope happens is Affleck's Bruce Wayne can ride off into the sunset and Grayson will be brought in to take over the Batman mantle. A hard recast of Bruce would be too jarring, and the passing of the baton in-story would be easy to do since this Wayne is already older and nearing the end of his run. It would also give them the opportunity to explore what Batman is outside of Bruce, something not explicitly done on screen before.

Last edited:

Reading that Reeves intends on keeping Affleck, instantly upset me.

I really hope they just kill Wayne off. Affleck just tarnished this role for me for at least the next 10 yrs.

Now that we're recasting..I've always been on the Richard Armitage bandwagon (deep voice, muscular-scary eyes).

I think Urban would be great, but I think he has a bit of a poofy face.

Micheal Fassbander probably has too much Fox obligations to be Batman, but he would do really well.

John Hamm is older than Affleck, but he'd probably be the best Bruce Wayne of all time.

It's tough, because a lot the great "known" actors are aging out.

I like Eric Bana, but he's older yet.

Just recast him. It's not an ideal situation, but it isn't that abnormal either. It happens all the time.

What I hope happens is Affleck's Bruce Wayne can ride off into the sunset and Grayson will be brought in to take over the Batman mantle. A hard recast of Bruce would be too jarring, and the passing of the baton in-story would be easy to do since this Wayne is already older and nearing the end of his run. It would also give them the opportunity to explore what Batman is outside of Bruce, something not explicitly done on screen before.
Nah. It wasn't jarring with Keaton and Kilmer... what was jarring was the tone change.

Recast is not a big deal whatsoever.

I sincerely hope he is done. Just recast him. He has not made the role his own, nor won over the consensus. So he won't be missed if he goes, except by a few fanboys.

Nah. It wasn't jarring with Keaton and Kilmer... what was jarring was the tone change.

Recast is not a big deal whatsoever.

The difference with Keaton and Kilmer was it was obvious those two films were not meant to be in canon with each other. It's a wholly different animal to a cinematic universe in which every film and character are supposed to co-exist. So recasting in this sense is a big deal, especially with such an important and upfront character as Batman. It would be the equivalent of RDJ quitting the MCU after a few Iron Man movies and the execs having to hire a new actor to play the role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"