What is with the significant rise in school shootings in the past two or three years?

P

payneintherear

I looked on the news and there was a shooting at Univeristy of Arkansas and that just made me think. What is with the recent rise in school shootings for the past two to three years? Look at how many shootings at schools there have been this year, last year, and the year before that. The numbers are rising significantly!

These things go in phases a similar thing happened about 10 years ago. :o

this thread seems strangely more relevant than your past attempts..

I don't know, but it scares the absolute crap out of me. In classes of 200+ students, somebody walking out with a gun (which is SO damned easy, by the way) means lots of people are going to get hurt or killed.

Those desks aren't really easy to get out of quickly, and when there's a panic, I'd imagine it would be damn near impossible.

I try not to think about it. Otherwise, I'd be freaking terrified.

I used to think about shooting up my high school when I was a teenager, it's not something I'm proud of. But it was something I thought about.

Many of these guys are depressed loners or outcasts who are prone to be suicidal thinking that their life is meaningless. This leads to them being angry that they were made to feel this way by those who've tormented them and see it as their duty to get revenge. Rather than commit suicide, they take others out with them- sometimes it gets out of hand, sometimes it doesn't. Columbine for example, from research, was not meant to be as random as it was; they did have a 'hit list' in their diaries.

Start seeing yourself, in a twisted way, as a martyr. Take out those who have made your life hell and may make other lives hell. As Dylan stated, "they are just testing my trigger finger."

I'm not proud that I did use to think this way, but I do understand where these high school shooters are coming from because I was sadly on the edge of becoming one myself years ago.

I wrote an episode for a virtual series I work for that I will posting some time later tonight with commentary and all in the 'fan fiction' section of the hype. Might put a little more insight into this whole thing.

It's sad and scary that it happens, but from my eyes in most high school shootings everyone's a victim because they are- more or less- suicide pacts.

I used to think about shooting up my high school when I was a teenager, it's not something I'm proud of. But it was something I thought about.

Many of these guys are depressed loners or outcasts who are prone to be suicidal thinking that their life is meaningless. This leads to them being angry that they were made to feel this way by those who've tormented them and see it as their duty to get revenge. Rather than commit suicide, they take others out with them- sometimes it gets out of hand, sometimes it doesn't. Columbine for example, from research, was not meant to be as random as it was; they did have a 'hit list' in their diaries.

Start seeing yourself, in a twisted way, as a martyr. Take out those who have made your life hell and may make other lives hell. As Dylan stated, "they are just testing my trigger finger."

I'm not proud that I did use to think this way, but I do understand where these high school shooters are coming from because I was sadly on the edge of becoming one myself years ago.

I wrote an episode for a virtual series I work for that I will posting some time later tonight with commentary and all in the 'fan fiction' section of the hype. Might put a little more insight into this whole thing.

It's sad and scary that it happens, but from my eyes in most high school shootings everyone's a victim because they are- more or less- suicide pacts.
You know way too much about this crap. :down

You know way too much about this crap. :down

Don't you think I already know that? I said I hate the fact that I know about this. If you guys are unsettled that I felt this way, imagine how hard it is for me to accept that I thought this way back then, FOUR years ago: Jr. year. It's not easy.

Oh yes, insult the Psychopath, it will be your fault when a headline is "Hype shooting 17 dead 89 wounded: Where is a bullet proof man when you need him?" :o
What are you dense? Are you ******ed or something? You don't know who I am? I'm the GODDAMN Captain Planet!

I looked on the news and there was a shooting at Univeristy of Arkansas and that just made me think. What is with the recent rise in school shootings for the past two to three years? Look at how many shootings at schools there have been this year, last year, and the year before that. The numbers are rising significantly!

I'm more surprised by the number of recent college/university shootings reported. It seems like school shootings used to be relegated more to high schools (maybe it just seemed that way though).

people are becoming more depressed...:csad:

its all the xbox 360s fault!!!..people aren't getting out enough...:cmad:

*looks in mirror and weeps"

I'm more surprised by the number of recent college/university shootings reported. It seems like school shootings used to be relegated more to high schools (maybe it just seemed that way though).

Yeah, that's the surprising thing for me too. I may understand high school shootings, I have no idea what's causing college shootings. In college things typically get a lot better from my experience, no one harasses or torments every one, there are so many people that it's like a small town, and if one is having problems they can now see that it's easy to transfer and move from college to college. So I can't see any possible motivation behind it. I'm sympathetic and feel sorry for everyone involved in a high school shooting, but I'm terrified of college shootings because it is the unknown.

Anyways, finally posted the episode: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=296976

Might give people more insight about high school shootings because I was someone on the edge four years ago and wrote it from personal experience to a certain extent, the rest of it was research.

I know someone who's really into this. She's researched all the school shootings for the past century- maybe longer (I remember her speaing about a massacre at a Mexico school in the mid-1800s.). She almost seems to look up to these people. She has a plan for how she'd do her own and how she'd escape one. People my age are way too unstable. It's disgusting. :down:

^Let's face it, we're part of a generation full of lunatics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"