What made you happy today?

Captain_BluTac

You Better Run
Reaction score
Simple idea, just a thread to see what made Hypesters happy today in the hopes of making people have a slightly cheerier day, you can post almost anything that made you laugh/smile/aww ( video, quote, anecdote ect) the only thing that shouldn't be posted here is funny pics cus there's already a thread for that.:o

I thought I'd kick the thread off with

• a quote,
"I was in a pub in Glasgow the other night and this English bloke asked for a lager and lime, to which the barman replied 'sorry, we don't do cocktails" - Frankie Boyle
  • a Smothers Brothers clip which has one of the most beutiful songs ever written,

• And lastly a sort of quote sort of happy memory of one of my favourite shows.
Harry Solomon: You know, Dick, when life gives you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons.

3rd Rock From The Sun FTW.:o

Now what made you happy today?

Crap I just noticed the happy joy fun time thread, please close / merge / delete unless you believe this to be different enough.

I like the idea of this thread.

Today, my wife made me incredibly sad and happy at the same time... ending with the latter. I'm happy to be married. :up:

I'm happy today! But I'm pretty much always happy - 'cept when it annoys me that I'm such a perky sonofabiotch.

I just got some new boots from River Island... that made me happy. They gave them to me in a big pink bag; that didn't really make me happy. But then I got home and happily threw the big pink bag in the bin. Happy again :)

I like the idea of this thread.

Today, my wife made me incredibly sad and happy at the same time... ending with the latter. I'm happy to be married. :up:

Hooray for that. Things have changed it seems.

I'm happy today! But I'm pretty much always happy - 'cept when it annoys me that I'm such a perky sonofabiotch.

I just got some new boots from River Island... that made me happy. They gave them to me in a big pink bag; that didn't really make me happy. But then I got home and happily threw the big pink bag in the bin. Happy again
Wow Eggy what are you smoking? I want some :(

And just to make this post happy

[Looking at the babies at the nursery]
Tommy Solomon: Which one is it?
Dick Solomon: It must be him - it's hideous.
Man: Hey, that's my daughter.
Dick Solomon: I'm so sorry. SHE'S hideous.

Eww, circle jerks are such an awful concept.
Think I first "discovered" them reading some Stephen King book.

I got a compliment today so that was pretty awesome, oh and they gave me a big mac instead of a double cheeseburger today!

Eww, circle jerks are such an awful concept.
Think I first "discovered" them reading some Stephen King book.

I got a compliment today so that was pretty awesome, oh and they gave me a big mac instead of a double cheeseburger today!

One of my old bosses told us all about them in a team briefing lol :huh:

But he called them 'soggy biscuit' :csad:

I hated that job.

I hated that job.

That's what my old geography teacher Mr Metcalfe used to call them!

I like the spirit of this thread, Cap. Well played, sir! :up:

It's my goal to find joy every single day in life. Today, I slept in for a change, which was nice. Then I found my wife and son downstairs and got a big hug from my wife and a huge smile from my son. If I get those two things in the morning, the rest of the day is guaranteed to be good. Now I'm drinking some tea and surfing the 'net. Probably do a little housework to straighten things up around here and then hit the weights later. Life is good. :up:

jag

I hated that job.

I soggy biscuit... Do I even want an elaboration?

Ahh... lucky jag. I can't wait to be with my family again and hopefully never be this long away from them for the rest of my life. Happy that you're happy and that the happy you're being happy about will remain the happy that un-happy people can be happy about as well.

Ahh... lucky jag. I can't wait to be with my family again and hopefully never be this long away from them for the rest of my life. Happy that you're happy and that the happy you're being happy about will remain the happy that un-happy people can be happy about as well.

I don't know how you've been able to do it, man. I'd lose it if I had to be away from my wife and son that long. Hope you're reunited with your family soon, man. In the meantime, do everything you can to let them know you appreciate and love them. :up:

jag

So seriously no one is gonna pick up on the fact that I discussed circle jerks with my teacher when I was 14?! I should of chosen Nay.

I hated that job.

Just be happy he didn't call for a mandatory group participation demonstration of the concept for your team. Or be sad about it. Either way.

jag

I am happy today, because in about an hour I will be up at the family pub drinking some beer, playing some Golden Tee and watching the Chiefs secure their number one draft pick. Then later I will come home and clean out the garage, which oddly, I am looking forward to. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"