What made you happy today?

Finishing work, after dealing with people with **** for brains all day.

At the moment I'm at a state where I'm neither happy or sad. It's this emotional limbo.

*edit* Now that I think about it I feel restless actually, like I'm a fired up racehorse in a starting gate waiting for the race to start. There's quite a lot of bucking and kicking from me right now.

Last edited:
The fact that I realized I'm sweet to the girl I've got my eyes on.

Prawn Marie Rose sandwiches made me happy today, and also being told I am going to be the only person in my department for the whole of tomorrow and Wednesday morning.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Prawn and Marie rose sarnies... You get them from Boots? I nom-nommed on them last Friday.

Got em from the canteen downstairs, £1.00!!! With lettuce, lemon juice & black pepper on too, not only very reasonable but good quality munchies in our gaff matey!!

Finally got to sleep in, and I don't have to work today. :D

Just riding the happy from the weekend. Got Gears of War 2, saw an awesome Metallica concert, celebrated dad and sister's birthday and the gifts I got were very well received, plus playing with nieces and nephews is always fun. Got home, set up a third date with the girl I'm interested in, Banjo Kazooie comes out this week and knee injury I had seems to be better so I can start running again. Things are going well, only bad thing was the Bears losing, but then again Rex was the QB.

I went shopping today, so I briefly popped my head out of my pit of despair and smiled! A few seconds later my umbrella broke whilst it was pissing down with rain, now I'm back to my comfy pit.:o

The company I work for, instead of having some lame Christmas party, is giving everyone $100 gift cards this year

Happiness is a choice you make for yourself, not something others determine for you.

jag
Well, i beg to difer, when you don't even get any hours to work for a week. I looked at the scedule and wasn't even listed for mon-thursaday this week. So i pretty much think that someone else determine that for me.

Its like everything i've worked for in the last few months is gonna be gone.

Well, i beg to difer, when you don't even get any hours to work for a week. I looked at the scedule and wasn't even listed for mon-thursaday this week. So i pretty much think that someone else determine that for me.

Wait so are working only Friday-Sunday or not at all this week. Did they fire you without telling you? Maybe they're scheduling you on different shifts than you're special lady friend, so you both concentrate on working rather than each other. People on here warned you it might be bad sticking your pen in the company ink.

Your entire happiness in life is attached to your work schedule? If so, then you decided to be unhappy about that. No one decided that but you. You own your own emotions and reactions to events in your life and how you allow them to affect you.

So, go talk to your manager or the scheduler and simply ask what's up. Find out why you didn't get any hours and if there's an issue with your performance that you need to address that you weren't aware of. Just be calm and cool and ask the question. Don't put them on the defensive or attack them, just ask them what's going on and what you need to do to fix things so you can start getting some hours again.

jag

Wait so are working only Friday-Sunday or not at all this week. Did they fire you without telling you? Maybe they're scheduling you on different shifts than you're special lady friend, so you both concentrate on working rather than each other. People on here warned you it might be bad sticking your pen in the company ink.

Workplace romances rarely work.....out of every 10, you might get 2 that work out...the other 8 end horribly in violence, fire, or both

I'm not even working any right now. I usually had off sat and sun. now its just nothing, but off everyday. she works days and nights every other week. it switches up.

Me dead :csad:

Your entire happiness in life is attached to your work schedule? If so, then you decided to be unhappy about that. No one decided that but you. You own your own emotions and reactions to events in your life and how you allow them to affect you.

So, go talk to your manager or the scheduler and simply ask what's up. Find out why you didn't get any hours and if there's an issue with your performance that you need to address that you weren't aware of. Just be calm and cool and ask the question. Don't put them on the defensive or attack them, just ask them what's going on and what you need to do to fix things so you can start getting some hours again.

jag
I know i'm gonna have to do that tomorrow, since the person wasn't in today. I still think it has to do with something that happen last week and me freezing up for a second. I may even think they think i'm mentally ******ed since there is a women there who is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"