what makes x3 not so great

X

xsumdoodex

after watching the movie, i wasnt blown away. Somethings are really weird...like the following:
1. Xavier's death: why did they kill off xavier? For appeal or emotional impact? that's kinda lame. If they were to stuck to the real x-men universe, xavier would be a prime character and wouldnt have been killed off that easily.
2. Phoenix: very little onscreen time. I understand that the new director tried to fit everything in (like the new characters) but he could always make the movie longer...i think it would be preferred. In x2, jean was surrounded by fire, and her eyes were lit with fire too...that's a true indication of the phoenix. Also, the form of the phoenix was seen in the lake at the end of x2...ratner didnt follow up on Singer's ideas. Instead he made phoenix this demonic-looking character...
3. Just thoughts: why does the movies always revolve around wolverine? He gets wayy too much onscreen time. It's true that hes popular in the marvel universe but the movie focuses on him too much. Storm...she could summon numerous tornadoes to stop two speeding jets, so why couldnt she just summon a huge whirlwind at the final battle and blow them all away? Her powers are going to waste. The cure?! rogue gets cured...:eek: whats that all about? Shes significant because of her powers...and they take it all away? Mystique too...i guess the director really wanted to end the whole x-men trilogy.

this isn't the comicbook people!!!!!!! this is in no way the books except for the charcters names and powers. its bee like that from the first movie. don't sit a complain that its not like in the comics...... because it isn't the comics. if they would have copied the comics the first movie would have tanked and the comicbook movie genre would still be dead because the batman movies were comicbook like. these x-men movies are set in the real world. they have been made to come off as real as possible. the fire was the light side of jean, we show the darky angry side of jean in this movie.

xsumdoodex said:
after watching the movie, i wasnt blown away. Somethings are really weird...like the following:
1. Xavier's death: why did they kill off xavier? For appeal or emotional impact? that's kinda lame. If they were to stuck to the real x-men universe, xavier would be a prime character and wouldnt have been killed off that easily.

I read somewhere that the deaths were Fox's idea. :o

I dont mean to be a a$$hole but I know what makes this thread not so great that there already is like 3 for this topic.

did jean knock herself out at the lake? taking a nap? what was that?

The gripes that most fans are having with this movie are becoming more personal it seems...

-TNC

Wesyeed said:
did jean knock herself out at the lake? taking a nap? what was that?

Ya nothing like a nap after killing the ones you love.:up:

TNC9852002 said:
The gripes that most fans are having with this movie are becoming more personal it seems...

-TNC

Yea they really are TNC. That's why I think most of the general audience will like. The major problems I had was it was too short to me, and the newer and secondary characters still didn't get enough development.

Supreme Power said:
Yea they really are TNC. That's why I think most of the general audience will like. The major problems I had was it was too short to me, and the newer and secondary characters still didn't get enough development.
Most of the casual movie fans have said that it was the best out of the 3...(at least the ones that I've talked with at my theater).

-TNC

You know whats HUGE that i havent seen anyone mention yet???

When Juggernaut is running on top of cars to go kill Leech and then he topples over a bunch of soldiers...the sound of bowling pins bieng knocked over is heard...

HOW VERY BATMAN AND ROBIN!!!!

That right there was enough to disgrace what this franchise has done previously.

Heretic said:
You know whats HUGE that i havent seen anyone mention yet???

When Juggernaut is running on top of cars to go kill Leech and then he topples over a bunch of soldiers...the sound of bowling pins bieng knocked over is heard...

HOW VERY BATMAN AND ROBIN!!!!

That right there was enough to disgrace what this franchise has done previously.

I read someone say that before but I really didn't notice it in the movie. :confused:

That made every one of us gag and start complaining and we missed a minute or so of the movie after that because we were all complaining to each other...

Well I really didn't like the idea of rogue losing her powers, i mean after all they are only psychological, if xavier had helped her get past the whole i cant touch people without killing the phase then she would have more control, Also i though numerous amounts of times that rogue would come on help, like with the phoenix standing and obliterating everything i thought somehow rogue would have absorbed her power (i now its a long shot but it would have been cool) also at the end when she touched bobby i was still half expecting to see her touch him and drain a little of his power, as if to say, i had to do this for myself...'keep my power...' even though she hated it. I thought jeans looked so gross in this movie when she was all vainy but thats the whole dark phoenix persona in the movie...Her telepathy wasn't used much except for the calling cyclops and wolverine and wolverine got way to much of the spot light, I mean for peats sake! They are making a whole freakin movie about him why dooes he have to dominate the x-men ones to! Also i would have liked to see jubilee in the movie as part of the team as well a kitty but i guess its o. to just have kitty and iceman

The worst thing about the film was that Ratner just didn't get it.

I was disgusted when it was considered a happy ending when Rogue got the cure. I was disgusted when Magneto left Mystique and said 'she was beautiful'.

He just didn't get the idea of tolerance that Singer established in the first two films.

The love for Jubilee is amazing...she is pure crap.

I liked that Rogue lost her powers...she my favorite movie character (and was ROBBED in this film) but I think the character in the movie would have made taht choice...and and even harder choice will be to embrace her powers when they start returning and she is needed.

How is Angel not taking the cure and Rogue taking the cure NOT a happy ending?

-TNC

TNC, the problem with the ending is...

Magneto knew that the humans would force this cure upon mutants...

and what happened to Magneto?

The FREAKIN GOOD GUYS forced the cure upon him!!!!

Rogue, who really was the heart of the first two films was only in this one to lose her powers. Its a happy ending for her, but not a satisfying conclusion to those of us who wanted to see her eventually actually FIGHT.

The problem with rattners vision is that he made a movie where the good guys made the WRONG choices and then we are left to guess that just because they are cool with those choices then we should be too.

TNC9852002 said:

-TNC

Personally I was dissapointed that throughout the entire series she didn't get any of the other powers she had in the comics, but oh well. :(

I'm glad Angel never took the cure, although it wouldn't have bothered me in the slightest if he had - why was he even in the movie?

Whats bad about Rogue taking the cure is we are expected to buy it as a happy ending and while it is that on some levels, it also goes against the whole idea that there is nothing to cure that seemed to run throughout the movie. It contradicted everything we'd seen.

There's has been no reason to. Should they just thrown in Ms. Marvel for the heck of it so Rogue can fly?

No...this isnt the comic...so we dont need Ms Marvel...I like that her gaining new powers has been a very slow process. Her character is about emotion and heart, not about being the violent center of the movies...but if the were to give her powers in upcoming sequals then you dont need Ms Marvel to do it...you need anyone who can provide those powers...

this isn't the comicbook people!!!!!!!

actually it is most like the x-men comics, as far as the pace goes, if you actually read them that is, ive been browsing through them again starting abck on the originals #100-110, and if u keep reading them, a lot of stuff happens in no time.
there is even a stan lee intro, that describes why that is. (grab it at barnes &noble, one of their exclusive collections)

i dont like the quick pace, i wanted more character moments, but it really is just like the comics.

Heretic said:
TNC, the problem with the ending is...

Magneto knew that the humans would force this cure upon mutants...

and what happened to Magneto?

The FREAKIN GOOD GUYS forced the cure upon him!!!!

Rogue, who really was the heart of the first two films was only in this one to lose her powers. Its a happy ending for her, but not a satisfying conclusion to those of us who wanted to see her eventually actually FIGHT.

The problem with rattners vision is that he made a movie where the good guys made the WRONG choices and then we are left to guess that just because they are cool with those choices then we should be too.
lol...They made the wrong choice because it's not "cool" or what you wanted to see?...Heh...I guess I'm preaching to the wrong crowd here... :p

and what happened to Magneto is parallel the same fate as what happened to Xavier...Xavier only wanted to protect both sides, maintaining peace by helping mutants to control their powers and use them for good or to protect themselves against powerful mutants that want to raise conflict against humanity. The cure and Jean almost act like metaphors in a sense as the inevitable happens..

Xavier and Magneto, MLK and Malcolm X respectively were "killed" under similar circumstances...

-TNC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"