what makes x3 not so great

Chris M said:
I also didn't like the casual explanation behind Phoenix:

"Oh by the way, Jean's actually got an evil alter-ego who happens to be the most powerful mutant on Earth. Didn't I mention that before? Hmmm maybe I should tell Scott...."

I thought that was a very weak scene.

"her unconscious which calls itself the Phoenix" It calls itself?? Meh

My least favorite or most unnecessary scene in the film was near the end when they were back at the mansion.
The dogs humping in the yard in the background was a bit much. I mean, I understand the symbolism of letting of steam and release of pent up emotions but please.... dogs screwing?

grey_jeanie said:
"her unconscious which calls itself the Phoenix" It calls itself?? Meh

That line made me cringe. Along with the Mutant Levels.

Couldn't they have thought of a better way to give her the name? Like having Magneto say something like "And like a Phoenix from the ashes, you rose up again " blah, yadda, yadda. You can tell I won't ever make a living as a script writer.

Nathan said:
That line made me cringe. Along with the Mutant Levels.

Couldn't they have thought of a better way to give her the name? Like having Magneto say something like "And like a Phoenix from the ashes, you rose up again " blah, yadda, yadda. You can tell I won't ever make a living as a script writer.

That would have been better. Like he had given her a new name for the new person she had become. That scene should have been an important moment where things are explained but it was more of an aside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"