What mistakes can be learned from the last GL film?

I know they said this would be "Lethal Weapon in space", which is a great approach, but they should perhaps take that approach even more literally and have Hal be the loose cannon Riggs character and Stewart be the by-the-book Murtaugh type. However, they need to walk a fine line here and not make it too jokey like the Reynolds film but also not too morose like the more recent DCEU efforts.

Modern-day young Hal Jordan is more or less a toned down version of Guy Gardner. But if we're to assume Hal would be the somewhat older and more experienced character here, they can't give him his early New 52 attitude.

Last edited:
I know they said this would be "Lethal Weapon in space", which is a great approach, but they should perhaps take that approach even more literally and have Hal be the loose cannon Riggs character and Stewart be the by-the-book Murtaugh type. However, they need to walk a fine line here and not make it too jokey like the Reynolds film but also not too morose like the more recent DCEU efforts.

There needs to be a good balance. The movie needs to be fun, but I think actually casting an actor primarily known for comedies in the first one was a mistake.

Whoever they get to be Hal needs to be charismatic and have good comedic timing, but the character can't be in joke mode 24/7.

There needs to be a good balance. The movie needs to be fun, but I think actually casting an actor primarily known for comedies in the first one was a mistake.

Whoever they get to be Hal needs to be charismatic and have good comedic timing, but the character can't be in joke mode 24/7.

That's absolutely true. Hal oozes confidence and he has the occasional moment of dry wit, but he's not a jokester. WB shouldn't overdo the humor with the character.

1. The GL film needs to include MORE outer space action, not less.
My thoughts exactly.
2. The aspects of what it means to be chosen have to be DEEPLY ingrained in the character of the Lantern. So, no usual Super Hero trope of the hero losing confidence or the like.
Yes
3. Get way more creative with the constructs and make the action much faster.
My thoughts exactly.
5. Turn the usual super hero tropes on their ear. This is a character that doesn't need to be like every other super hero, or super hero movie. This was a huge part of GL's mediocre nature.
Yes
7. Show Hal having fun in his duties. This is a similar thing he shares with Flash. Both guys can be confident enough to be playful when the stakes aren't so high.
Yes but in those cynical times, I can't see how they're are going to make it happen.
8. The Corps. must be a huge part of the film. Show what the day to day operation of a universe wide super powered police force would be like.
My thoughts exactly ! Dammit ! Space opera ! Big ! Laser beams ! Spaceships ! Aliens! All the stuff.

I would say don't try to be too close to the comics, especially recent comics, if that leads to overly weird or convoluted elements. In general don't have to many villains and it probably is better if the major villains are more connected to the hero than not (likewise don't make the cast in general too huge).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"