What can be learned from the previous Fantastic Four movies?

They need to hire a good screenwriter who can come up with a compelling story. But I don't have much hope that they hired the writer of Vampire's Assistant.

1. Do not make the conflict between Reed and Doom about a half assed love triangle between the two of them and Sue. Their's is a conflict, to Doom any way, to decide who is the man with the greatest intellect on the planet. It is not about who gets the hot chick.

Amen my brother, A frikken Men.

Vanity is not a good enough reason for Doom to hate Reed Richards so I don't see how a hot chick or who's smarter makes a whole lot of sense. Though I will admit people have killed in the name of love started wars for it however i can not think of anyone starting war to prove who is smarter.Yet they never showed them really being in love or Doom displaying the kinda of pyshosis that would lead to his insane acts.

Except that it is, actually, the reason Doom does much of what he does.

You can think it's dumb but that doesn't make it dumb.
Vanity was the the only real reason Hitler opened the Russian front (he should have nailed down the West first) so it is in keeping with the personality of a fascist dictator.

Hey it may seem like a less than grounded reason, but it's what the character of Doom and his conflict with Reed is all about. It's that lack of self awareness that is his blind spot. Doom's ego is a monumental thing. I mean, in a way this all comes down to Reed telling him years ago "Dude I think your calculations are a little off." Maybe it's been said about too many fictional antagonistic relationships, but could a Salieri/Mozart thing work on film here? I mean Doom has not had an easy life. Some of it's on him and his choices for sure, but he came from humble origins and all that he has achieved is from his own struggles. As they say of Conan, he became a king by his own hand. Yet here is effortlessly brilliant Reed Richards, media darling who to Doom has never struggled as he has had to in life. Even Reed's biggest mistake, not putting the proper shielding in his spacecraft didn't end in tragedy. The freakin' guy got superpowers and became a celebrated hero. It's like, he trips over gold bricks! Does this sound like a good way to describe and show what the Doom/Reed dynamic is on screen?

Dive into the science fiction themes more
Keep the family dynamic and potential comedy but don't go all sitcom on us like the previous films did.
Ground the film. Make the characters more relatable and dare I say "mature."
It should feel like a serious sci-fi hero flick, that has it's fair share of comedy gold moments but don't turn it into a comedy superhero film like the last films were.

I liked the first Fantastic Four film. The sequel wasn't that great, for obvious reasons. I don't mind the tone of the first film, I don't mind about the comedy either but just some parts could have been better and the way they treat the characters.

Mr. Fantastic was so whiny as well, I would have liked to see him really into his work and more passionate.

I hated how Invisible Woman was treated just as something to look at. She should be a beautiful, strong and smart woman which she was only one of those.

Human Torch and Thing were great. They were treated well but I don't think to their full potential.

Doom was okay. He was quite annoying though, not really a version of the character I liked but he fitted into the movies.

People always complain about Fox and though I can agree to some degree, they don't do that bad. X-Men is great. Looking at most movies and the way they did it, I think it's perfect. The mistakes can always be fixed in Days of Future Past but if they do i right, I would love to see Fantastic Four and X-Men have their own universe which can hopefully combine with Marvel's one. I don't know why with the characters the companies own just collaborate with Marvel and get their share of money on what they did.

Well, tbh I quite enjoyed the first two films.

Johnny Storm and Thing NAILED it. Thing might not have looked perfect but the two actors were channeling the old Kirby comics.

The costumes and the visual look I thought were really good.

Doom was ok.. but I liked how he was building up more, he could have easily come in full doom armour in the next film and it would have fit progression.

Silver surfer was awesome and, much as everyone complains about it all the time, Galactus was technically an accurate portrayal... though I think this was serendipity more than anything else.

BUT.. the films weren't in anyway compelling, exciting, unique or special in anyway. I think that was really the films biggest let-downs. This is really what a new film needs to accomplish.

and also PLEASSSSE PLEEEAASSSEEE don't do an origin story. I think Incredible Hulk handled it perfectly. We all know the origin, just do a film that's a complete story and you don't really need one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"