The Dark Knight Rises What Nolan does poorest. Villain Endings

I actually thought they were all alright, except Bane. That was just ridiculous.

Talia emasculating him as a villain was bad enough, then he just gets killed off unceremoniously by Catwoman, using a bike no less.

Lame.

Without a doubt Bane was the worst.You can make the case that Scarecrow deserved better,but at the end of the day,they didn't build Scarecrow up to be the next Genghis Khan.He was a flunky at best.

I actually thought they were all alright, except Bane. That was just ridiculous.

Talia emasculating him as a villain was bad enough, then he just gets killed off unceremoniously by Catwoman, using a bike no less.

Lame.

Okay, few things:

Emasculated how? By giving Bane an order that Bane doesn't obey?

And the "bike" is the Bat-pod whose missiles can destroy a Tumbler. That strikes as pretty badass that he gets destroyed from the same missiles that destroys a Tumbler.

Okay, few things:

Emasculated how? By giving Bane an order that Bane doesn't obey?

And the "bike" is the Bat-pod whose missiles can destroy a Tumbler. That strikes as pretty badass that he gets destroyed from the same missiles that destroys a Tumbler.

Well for one thing, Bane went from the main villain with his own ideology, to a lackey who was just pretending as part of someone else's plot (Talia's), I'd say that's pretty damn emasculating.

Being killed by a motorcycle is being killed by a motorcycle. The way they did it just made it worse.

Lame.

The point of that scene was that underneath the brutish exterior, aka the mask, Bane was not the strong man he seemed to be, one that was superior to Bruce. Talia's reveal wasn't to suggest that she was the true leader the whole time but that Bane was a man with a heart and with weakness. I also think his death is appropriate because he dies in much the same way that he killed other people. Fast and undignified. Catwoman killing him redeems her character after working for Bane and double-crossing Batman, and the joke she cracks right afterwards wasn't as demeaning and tonally inconsistent as it struck me during my first viewing.

I do think the character needed a final farewell shot, though. It could have easily been placed during the city-wide montage with Gordon's voice over. Like a shot of the police taking his body out of city hall or something to that effect.

I do think the character needed a final farewell shot, though. It could have easily been placed during the city-wide montage with Gordon's voice over. Like a shot of the police taking his body out of city hall or something to that effect.

Honestly, if something like that was included, I would have no problems with how he went out.

Well for one thing, Bane went from the main villain with his own ideology, to a lackey who was just pretending as part of someone else's plot (Talia's), I'd say that's pretty damn emasculating.

It could never be his own idealogy when he had the entire League of Shadows behind him as Ra's did in BB, so the idealogy only expanded when Talia made her reveal. And I refuse to view Bane as a lackey as nothing suggest such besides one failed attempt at an order from Talia. They were co-existing partners.

Being killed by a motorcycle is being killed by a motorcycle. The way they did it just made it worse.

Don't see it that way as the motorcycle destroys a freaking Tumbler afterwards, lol.

Holy ****...I love this idea. It would be in a way similar to Saddam Hussein's dead body being dragged out as well.

Kinda hard after being shot by a cannon that blows up cars.

Maybe we could have seen a janitor cleaning him off the walls.

EDIT: Quoted the wrong post.

Last edited:
Kinda hard after being shot by a cannon that blows up cars.

Maybe we could have seen a janitor cleaning him off the walls.

We saw his body as he was shot and all that happened was he had a huge hole through his torso. It's not like he exploded into a pool of blood. So no, not hard at all.

We saw his body as he was shot and all that happened was he had a huge hole through his torso. It's not like he exploded into a pool of blood. So no, not hard at all.

Did we? My mistake then, I must have missed the hole. I remember seeing him get shot back but I assumed he just went SPLAT against the wall.

Imagine if all we had seen was the batpod firing followed by a shot of gallons of blood splattering on a wall :D

I don't think many people would have complained :p

Imagine if all we had seen was the batpod firing followed by a shot of gallons of blood splattering on a wall :D

I don't think many people would have complained :p

The R rated extended cut.

I agree with Talia and Bane to an extent. I like how Bane was killed by a witty Catwoman, but it did feel a bit too abrupt. That goes double for Talia. I personally thought Joker and Two-Face got perfect send offs in TDK. Yes, it'd been nice if Joker returned, but I think most realize recasting directly after that is impossible, so c'est la vie. Scarerow's send-off in BB was fitting for how Nolan created the character (as a tool). But if you are a fan, I can see why that is a problem. It did work in the context of the movie. Catwoman was given a great ending.

My thoughts.

Bane's demise is right when Bruce kicks him through that door. After that I didn't really care what became of him, he served his purpose

I love the way Bane goes out. I love it everytime I watch it.

The Scarecrow one was bad though. Only slightly redeeming because it's funny.

Watch the Blu Ray, the arm stabbing it with the (knife or broken sword, can't remember which at the moment) has a sleeve.
Yeah I just watched the Blu-ray in slow motion, it's definitely Ra's who slams the broken sword down onto the controls.

Bane's demise is right when Bruce kicks him through that door. After that I didn't really care what became of him, he served his purpose

I felt it was when Batman told Bane he'd give him permission to die is when Bane's demise was determined and everything else was just extra.

The ending for Bane was pretty poor. I definitely didn't like the execution.

Yeah I just watched the Blu-ray in slow motion, it's definitely Ra's who slams the broken sword down onto the controls.

Seriously? I always thought that was Batman.

Can someone screencap this or something?

I guess in terms of a rating system, I'd go with Bane having the worst ending out of all of them....by far. While I love Scarecrow he never really came across as a big threat, and as for Talia, I didn't much care for the character anyways. Bane was builit up to be such an intimidating huge pressence of power, and to be blown away with suck lackluster and then followed up with a cheesy one liner by Catwoman really was lousy. Soon to be quoted.

I've loved almost everyone of the villain endings (Except Scarecrow's in BB and Talia's lame death). And Bane's especially I love. I don't get the dislike towards it at all. He ends with a badass line and is about to blow Batman's head off, just to be stopped and literally blown away by a classic save the day comeback from Selina. Her comeback always puts a big smile on my face, like Han Solo coming back a shooting Vader away in Star Wars.

And getting a frikkin cannon shot to the chest is a pretty hard way to go out isn't it? It's not like he *****ed out or got lamely taken down (like Scarecrow with a teaser). The moment was brilliantly edited and executed too, I love that it was not treated as some big ceremonial thing. The quick thing was more surprising and refreshing in a way, and Bane wanted some big ceremonial martyr-esque death, and I'm glad he didn't get it.

Last edited:
I've loved almost everyone of the villain endings (Except Scarecrow's in BB and Talia's lame death). And Bane's especially I love. I don't get the dislike towards it at all. He ends with a badass line and is about to blow Batman's head off, just to be stopped and literally blown away by a classic save the day comeback from Selina. Her comeback always puts a big smile on my face, like Han Solo coming back a shooting Vader away in Star Wars.

And getting a frikkin cannon shot to the chest is a pretty hard way to go out isn't it? It's not like he *****ed out or got lamely taken down (like Scarecrow with a teaser). The moment was brilliantly edited and executed too, I love that it was not treated as some big ceremonial thing. The quick thing was more surprising and refreshing in a way, and Bane wanted some big ceremonial martyr-esque death, and I'm glad he didn't get it.

I guess to explain why I didn't care for Bane's send off is kinda answered in your posting. Being a fan or the original Star Wars Trilogy, I would have been pretty disappointed had Leia blown away Vader in a similar style to Catwoman blowing away Bane. Just my opinion though.

I still can't believe they passed up the opportunity of pulling that damn mask off of his head to reveal his face.

Seriously? I always thought that was Batman.

Can someone screencap this or something?

I knew it was always Ra's myself. Didn't think that'd be something Batman would have done anyways since he already has a Plan B with Gordon in the Tumbler.

I still can't believe they passed up the opportunity of pulling that damn mask off of his head to reveal his face.

If Bane's mask was ripped right off, the way he was getting weak by just having those pipes broken off and what not, Bane would've likely died if the mask was off, unless you're saying you wanted Bane to die like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"