Days of Future Past What other mutants would you have liked to have seen/replaced in DOFP?

speno94

Civilian
Reaction score
Do you think they chose the right mutants to be in the film and is there any you would have liked to have seen, but didn't see?

- Obviously Nightcrawler was going to be in the film, but was replaced with Blink.

- Juggernaut was going to the character that broke Erik out of prison, but was replaced by Quicksilver instead.

- I personally would have liked to have seen Dazzler in a quick cameo because it is the 70's era of the disco!

- I also would of replaced Warpath with Angel (Warren Worthington III) in the future scenes.

Is there any other mutants you would have liked to have seen?

Deadpool... for all of humanity... Give me Deadpool. Hopefully in Apocalypse. I would also mention Gambit, but he will be appearing in the next one.

I wouldn't of minded seeing Azazel again, but obviously [BLACKOUT]alive,[/BLACKOUT] haha. Maybe Sunfire instead of Sunspot.

Maybe baby Nightcrawler, abandoned by a confused and overwhelmed Mystique.

Otherwise I think they did okay. Everyone in the cast seemed to do what they needed to and they all had at least some sort of purpose.

Although I understand why she couldn't be there, an Omega-Level powerful Jean Grey would have decimated the Sentinels. That's the one thing they needed. A telekinetic to halt them in their tracks. All we had was Magneto who could only manipulate metal which the Sentinels were immune to, and Storm who to only push them back with a summoned gale of wind. I bet everyone was thinking while sitting in that monastery "Only if Jean were here....and not a terrifying evil force she became that killed everyone".

I simply wanted Rogue in the future scenes. Even if she did not do anything much, just her being on the plane with the "originals" who appear at the beginning, reinforcing again that she was in the first movie. Also, even a way she and Magneto conduct themselves toward each other, given their history.....

Dammit why didn't they do this. After Magneto gets stabbed: Rogue takes his powers and goes to buy them time while he dies inside and we see Magnetic Rogue fighting Sentinels to the death with Blink and co.?

I was fine with cutting Paquin, but now that I put two minutes of logic to it, they missed a golden opportunity to redeem her like they did everyone else in X3. If she could have had her hero moment, at Magneto's expense no less...wow. That would have been cool.

Visually, I would have liked Nightcrawler and Angel to return, but considering how powerful the Sentinels were I don't think they would have made a difference. The X-Men were screwed.

Same, I really would have liked to have seen Ben Foster return as Angel as well as Nightcrawler in the future, but Blink was a great replacement.

I also would have liked to have seen Blob or Avalanche in the Vietnam scene and maybe replace Ink. Seeing Blob and Avalanche would have been a nod to Mystique's Brotherhood in the DOFP storyline.

Last edited:
Do you think they chose the right mutants to be in the film and is there any you would have liked to have seen, but didn't see?

- Obviously Nightcrawler was going to be in the film, but was replaced with Blink.

- Juggernaut was going to the character that broke Erik out of prison, but was replaced by Quicksilver instead.

- I personally would have liked to have seen Dazzler in a quick cameo because it is the 70's era of the disco!

- I also would of replaced Warpath with Angel (Warren Worthington III) in the future scenes.

Is there any other mutants you would have liked to have seen?

Same, I really would have liked to have seen Ben Foster return as Angel as well as Nightcrawler in the future, but Blink was a great replacement.

I also would have liked to have seen Blob or Avalanche in the Vietnam scene and maybe replace Ink. Seeing Blob and Avalanche would have been a nod to Mystique's Brotherhood in the DOFP storyline.

Angel as Archangel in the future. Just imagine him ripping through the Sentinels with the metal wings. :woot:

Psylocke can be in the future as well. Telekinetic weapons. :woot:

I like the idea of having Blob and Avalanche in Vietnam with Havok. Warpath can be there as well, with both he and Havok joining the fight at the end.

I simply wanted Rogue in the future scenes. Even if she did not do anything much, just her being on the plane with the "originals" who appear at the beginning, reinforcing again that she was in the first movie. Also, even a way she and Magneto conduct themselves toward each other, given their history.....

Dammit why didn't they do this. After Magneto gets stabbed: Rogue takes his powers and goes to buy them time while he dies inside and we see Magnetic Rogue fighting Sentinels to the death with Blink and co.?

I was fine with cutting Paquin, but now that I put two minutes of logic to it, they missed a golden opportunity to redeem her like they did everyone else in X3. If she could have had her hero moment, at Magneto's expense no less...wow. That would have been cool.

That would've been awesome.

I didn't mind Warpath in the end because of his superhuman senses that tracked the Sentinels approaching. In the comics, he once did a superhuman thunderclap with his hands that could topple a Sentinel but they didn't have him do that. Perhaps a bit too much like X3's Arclight.

I'm okay with what we got, though I thought Havok, Ink, Toad and the spiky-headed kid weren't really necessary to the story.

I would have wanted to see Rogue actually do and say something. Other than that, I think that the characters worked fine, but it would have been nice/cool to see some mutants with easy recognizable physical features (Nightcrawler, Angel, maybe even Juggernaut) in the first scene in the horrible future. I think having them integrated in the plot might have been too much, especially in the future where the characters had limited time and people already, but it would have been a cool bunch of easter eggs to see more characters. All I recognized was Ink, but I think that could have been an easy way to include more characters and have a nod to the fans. I did want Rogue to actually do stuff though and wish her scenes weren't cut.

I would have replaced Warpath/Sunspot/Blink over Nightcrawler/Angel/Jubilee, I know the former had reasons why they were included and they are probably better in action/visual than the former, but seeing the former fighting and being included in the altered future would have made it better for me. Plus At least with Nightcralwer, Angel, Jubilee, we are already familiar with them. I would keep Bishop as the "new face' in the future and to the show the X-Men managed to find a new ally. And Rogue would have been with the Kitty's team or with Professor from the start and she would borrow the abilities of the other mutants to defend herself.

I didn't mind Warpath in the end because of his superhuman senses that tracked the Sentinels approaching. In the comics, he once did a superhuman thunderclap with his hands that could topple a Sentinel but they didn't have him do that. Perhaps a bit too much like X3's Arclight.

I'm okay with what we got, though I thought Havok, Ink, Toad and the spiky-headed kid weren't really necessary to the story.

I would have replaced the spiky-headed with Banshee since Havok/Banshee seemed like good buddies in First Class and I would have removed Ink. What I liked about the scene is we got a glimpse of what Mystique has been doing. She's been helping mutants and secretly going to government offices for information. I don't think her going to Vietnam freeing Havok/Toad wasn't necessary.

Last edited:

With the complaints about Warpath from people that have watched the movie, I was actually surprised that I liked his character.

That scene could've completely been taken out and it would have been okay. I think the almost similar power display of Ink and Spyke looking kid, either or could've been replaced with much more recognizable characters.

They also could've shown other mutants in scene where they're all marching in the internment camps.

Yeah the internment camps would have been good to show mutants like Syrin and Jubilee as the audience would go :O The kids. and the whole thing with ink and "spike" having pretty much the same power was annoying to me. I didnt mind the vietnam scene as it showed mystique doing her own thing, but I was a bit like :S with the powers shown.

How is :O : O

The internment camp scene at the beginning was really cool! The environment was just crazy and it was really all gloom and doom. I felt like so much stuff has happened in the future after X3 and The Wolverine and I would have liked if we got a movie regarding that first before they do the time-travel stuff.

It would have been great to see more of Rogue. Otherwise, I'm glad they chose new mutants to fill out the rest of the roster, especially characters like Bishop and Blink who are known for their involvement in alternate timelines and dystopian futures, rather than rehashing characters like Nightcrawler. I like when they expand the X-Universe, instead of limiting it to what we already know, and Days of a Future Past is the perfect opportunity to do that without sealing these new characters' fates.

Yeah, I would have liked to have seen Blob and Avalanche in that Vietnam scene with Toad and Havok as it would have been a nod to Mystique's Brotherhood of Mutants in the DOFP comic with Blob and Avalanche.

I don't know about Sabretooth, I would of liked a little cameo or mentioning of him, but I wonder what they are going to do with him going forward with this new timeline if they use him again?

I wouldn't have minded seeing some of the background students (that we've seen though the OT, like Jubilee, Siryn,...ect)
as like the next generation to grew up and join the team

I walked out of the theatre thinking that Bryan Singer totally redeemed himself, but now I'm starting to pick it apart.

Nightcrawler instead of Blink and Angel instead of Warpath would've been huge, as these are iconic characters in X-Men history, and seeing them killed would've been more shocking than even Storm or Colossus (at least to me), or made all of their collective deaths much more impactful. I still can't get over seeing Colossus killed...twice. And gruesomely both times. Man they made him look weak.

I also still hate that Rogue is Anna Paquin and that Channing Tatum will be Gambit, and that they aren't a couple. I missed Cyclops & Jean Grey in this, sans Wolverine's doting over Jean.

For the next film, I just want to finally get Archangel (somehow...stupid X3) and a real Sabretooth. Jubilee wouldn't be bad, and for God's sakes....CABLE.

I walked out of the theatre thinking that Bryan Singer totally redeemed himself, but now I'm starting to pick it apart.

Nightcrawler instead of Blink and Angel instead of Warpath would've been huge, as these are iconic characters in X-Men history, and seeing them killed would've been more shocking than even Storm or Colossus (at least to me), or made all of their collective deaths much more impactful. I still can't get over seeing Colossus killed...twice. And gruesomely both times. Man they made him look weak.

I also still hate that Rogue is Anna Paquin and that Channing Tatum will be Gambit, and that they aren't a couple. I missed Cyclops & Jean Grey in this, sans Wolverine's doting over Jean.

For the next film, I just want to finally get Archangel (somehow...stupid X3) and a real Sabretooth. Jubilee wouldn't be bad, and for God's sakes....CABLE.

I also agree that I wish we saw Nightcrawler and Angel in the future maybe replacing Warpath, but I actually loved Blink's powers, her look and she was a great replacement for Nightcrawler. He was going to be in the film, but Alan Cumming decided not to because of his experience with the make-up and rather than recasting, they went with Blink instead.

I actually liked Colossus in this film. Sure, the sentinels were slightly overpowered, but I think that was deliberate to show that no matter how strong a mutant is there is no hope in surviving in the future and 'Hope' is the theme of the film.

Nightcrawler instead of Blink and Angel instead of Warpath would've been huge, as these are iconic characters in X-Men history, and seeing them killed would've been more shocking than even Storm or Colossus (at least to me), or made all of their collective deaths much more impactful.

Agreed!

And I think they could easily give Angel the tracker role (that Warpath got), well Angel has strong eye sight, they could have took it further well they did give Kitty a new mutant power.

Agreed!

And I think they could easily give Angel the tracker role (that Warpath got), well Angel has strong eye sight, they could have took it further well they did give Kitty a new mutant power.

^ That's a good idea! He could have replaced Warpath as the tracker role with his strong eye sight and see far. If Angel was in the film he probably wouldn't have much screen time, but it would have been a good opportunity to see Ben Foster again as Angel and then a younger Angel in Apocalypse as one of the four horsemen.

Either way, I think Angel/Archangel will be in Apocalypse.

Actually...I liked them all. Maybe not Ink, and Angel wouldn't probably have been even born in 1973, and both timelines had enough mutants. I probably wouldn't change a thing. Maybe swap Sunspot with Angel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"