Days of Future Past What other mutants would you have liked to have seen/replaced in DOFP?

^ That's a good idea! He could have replaced Warpath as the tracker role with his strong eye sight and see far. If Angel was in the film he probably wouldn't have much screen time, but it would have been a good opportunity to see Ben Foster again as Angel and then a younger Angel in Apocalypse as one of the four horsemen.

Either way, I think Angel/Archangel will be in Apocalypse.

Actually, it would be a good opportunity if they make Archangel in the next OT film and we already got 2 films of Ben Foster as Angel. Its also would redeem Angel's role in X3. Like we know he's in that movie because we would also see him in the future fighting with the X-Men. Thats if they are really trying to use Apocalypse in more than 1 film.

Would have liked Nightcrawler, just because. But Blink was an ample replacement :)

Oh, and Rogue ofc

Would have liked Nightcrawler, just because. But Blink was an ample replacement :)
I don't think Nightcrawler would have been anywhere near as exciting as Blink in those future scenes. The tactics and complexity she afforded to the team were something Nightcrawler just couldn't offer. I'm glad he was cut. Blink was one of the highlights of the future scenes.

Warpath on the other hand.... if my friend asked me what his powers were I couldn't have told them based on the movie. He was utter fluff. Angel in his place would have been a vast improvement as, whilst not terribly effective at fighting Sentinels, he could have served as the lookout instead while looking much more visually impressive.

The only other mutants I would have left out... the Vietnam mutants. I assume that was supposed to set something up for a future movie but it felt off in the movie. Also Ink and the other random guy had horrible special effects and powers. It would have been better if she were just collecting Toad and Havok, or maybe add in some other Brotherhood, Blob or Avalanche, another woman, Domino?

Edit: I would have liked Rogue, but not crap movie-verse Rogue who only takes powers as a last resort.

Last edited:
I don't think Nightcrawler would have been anywhere near as exciting as Blink in those future scenes. The tactics and complexity she afforded to the team were something Nightcrawler just couldn't offer. I'm glad he was cut. Blink was one of the highlights of the future scenes.

Warpath on the other hand.... if my friend asked me what his powers were I couldn't have told them based on the movie. He was utter fluff. Angel in his place would have been a vast improvement as, whilst not terribly effective at fighting Sentinels, he could have served as the lookout instead while looking much more visually impressive.

The only other mutants I would have left out... the Vietnam mutants. I assume that was supposed to set something up for a future movie but it felt off in the movie. Also Ink and the other random guy had horrible special effects and powers. It would have been better if she were just collecting Toad and Havok, or maybe add in some other Brotherhood, Blob or Avalanche, another woman, Domino?

Edit: I would have liked Rogue, but not crap movie-verse Rogue who only takes powers as a last resort.

That's a good point, Blink as an alternate teleporter is probably visually more interesting than Nightcrawler, but it would have been nice to see him again.

I agree that the Vietnam scene would have been a good opportunity for cameos by Blob and Avalanche to set up future Brotherhood.

The internment camp scene at the beginning was really cool! The environment was just crazy and it was really all gloom and doom. I felt like so much stuff has happened in the future after X3 and The Wolverine and I would have liked if we got a movie regarding that first before they do the time-travel stuff.

I really felt like there was a enough interesting concepts for a movie for the major events between The Wolverine and the future from DoFP, as well as material from between First Class and the scenes in the 70's from DoFP. There was some nice material that could of been covered in some movies there in my opinion.

Others have already said a lot of good points that I agree with.

Replacing Warpath with Angel.
Replacing those 2 mutants in Vietnam with Blob and Avalanche. I mean how awesome would of it been to see Mystique standing their with Havok, Toad, Blob, and Avalanche.
I would of liked to see more of the sentinel war. Would of been a nice opportunity to see Nightcrawler, Juggernaut, Sabertooth, and Multiple Man fighting the Sentinels. Seeing different xmen fall in the war would of been a sight.

Others have already said a lot of good points that I agree with.

Replacing Warpath with Angel.
Replacing those 2 mutants in Vietnam with Blob and Avalanche. I mean how awesome would of it been to see Mystique standing their with Havok, Toad, Blob, and Avalanche.
I would of liked to see more of the sentinel war. Would of been a nice opportunity to see Nightcrawler, Juggernaut, Sabertooth, and Multiple Man fighting the Sentinels. Seeing different xmen fall in the war would of been a sight.

I agree, it would have been an awesome sight seeing Mystique standing with Havok, Toad, Blob, Avalanche and would have been a nice nod to the Brotherhood lineup and Mystique saving them from Trask's experiments when they were about to be shipped home from Vietnam.

Juggernaut was going to be in the film, but was replaced by Quicksilver as the character to break Erik out of prison.

As for Sabretooth, I would of liked a cameo, but I don't know where he would have fit in the film, in the Vietnam scene maybe? I wouldn't have wanted him in the future scenes.

About Nightcrawler, they could have given him swords if he was in the movie.

I just wanted to see Alan Cumming return, he was majorly shortchanged by X3 casting and was a crucial part of X2

I didn't care for the way they killed off many of the First Class characters off-screen between films.

I also would have liked to have seen more from Havok, who gets reduced to little more than a cameo.

Nightcrawler of course but Alan is a drama queen LOL

I would've replaced Rogue over Warpath, Sunfire/Jubilee over Sunspot & Banshee over Ink/Toad

I do have to admit, the fanboy in me was kind of hoping Rachel Grey would show up at some point.

How about Dazzler?? What do you guys think?

Definitely for the next movie; Dazzler in the 80s is just too perfect NOT to do.

I liked all the mutants they used in DOFP, especially not using pivotal ones for cameo scenes, thus potentially restricting their use later. So to have Sunspot and Warpath make cameos in the future...sure. They were never going to be used for anything bigger.

But I'd love to see more female mutants--if mutation is genetic, then 50% of mutants should be female, but that's not what we get on screen. So...Polaris, Scarlet Witch (if at all possible), Psylocke...definitely Dazzler, but at least a few of these would be great for the next movie.

Oh, and Quicksilver--they have to bring him back.

I think I'm happy with the cast and selection of xmen in this film, especially with the satisfying ending, but in the future I'd like to see dazzler and jubilee.

I wonder if jubilee in the 80s could work nicely?!

Do you think Dazzler would have suited the 70's or the 80's?

Pyro. Would establish that Bobby indeed saved him from Jean in TLS, and perhaps the last ditch effort to hold off the sentinels at the end could have been Bobby and John teaming up to protect the others.

'73 would've been too early for Dazzler.Her kinda music (I imagine) seemed more late 70's/early 80's going by the comics of that period.

Who the heck was the guy with the mutant power to make people throw up?That was a new one on me!:oldrazz:

Pyro. Would establish that Bobby indeed saved him from Jean in TLS, and perhaps the last ditch effort to hold off the sentinels at the end could have been Bobby and John teaming up to protect the others.

I missed Pyro too.:csad:Would've been cool to see him & Iceman fight side by side.

Who was the black dude with the spiky hair who just made people's eyes go black? That seems pretty useless...

I really wish Angel could have been in it. Being one of my favorite characters, I'd love to see him kick butt and what not. Plus, I would love to see the rise and fall of the character, with the Archangel story arc.

'73 would've been too early for Dazzler.Her kinda music (I imagine) seemed more late 70's/early 80's going by the comics of that period.

Who the heck was the guy with the mutant power to make people throw up?That was a new one on me!:oldrazz:

He was credited as "mutant soldier" after Ink.

I would like to see Rogue instead of Warpath and Jubilee instead of Sunspot.

I do have to admit, the fanboy in me was kind of hoping Rachel Grey would show up at some point.

Would be cool if they could work her into the movies at some point. I doubt it now, though. Her moment was DoFP or - if ever they do this spin-off - Excalibur.

But the initial idea of having Rachel in the future of DoFP (as the one to send Wolverine's mind back in time) wasn't very good. She was to have been adopted/raised by Storm after Jean and Scott died in X3. Yet nowhere in the original trilogy was it indicated that Scott/Jean had a daughter. It would have come out of nowhere and been a bit of a head scratcher.

Ink made people throw up. From Wikipedia: The tattoo on his right palm is in the shape of a biohazard symbol which gives him the power to make someone extremely ill.

The other guy - who looked like Spyke or Quill - and made people's eyes go black (as though possessing them) was not named. Not sure who that was supposed to be. I don't recall Spyke having possession powers. His powers were sort of like the mind control of Kid Omega (Quentin Quire).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"