Apocalypse What scene/moments would you have added/taken out? (SPOILERS)

javon

Superhero
Reaction score
At this point, we've all seen the movie and we all wanted certain moments to be captured or certain scenes to not have made the movie at all.

What are some things you would have added to this movie that, in your opinion, would have made more sense? And also, do you feel like certain scenes were pointless? What would you take out and replace?

For me, at the end when the new mutants are getting ready to fight the sentinels in the Danger Room, it would have been really cool if they started playing the X-Men: TAS theme music and THEN showed that shot of Xavier staring into the camera as the X-doors shut. MAN! I would have gotten my life!

What about you folks?

They should've taken out the
Wolverine cameo.
Just wasn't necessary, or even that cool.

Uhhh my whole theater clapped because of it. People love him.

Don't know what to tell you, I didn't care for it. We've had several gratuitous cameos in superhero films this year but none of them were this boring and unnecessary. The shot of him escaping into the woods was comical.

His exit from the movie was a little corny, but the carnage he caused was glorious.

Not really an add or take away, but I'd make QuickSilvers scene less comical and more about rushing to save all the students in time, in a more serious manner. The scene was cool but the tone was jarring considering what it followed and what was going on.

Yeah, if I was making that scene, I would have used really intense score and lots of tense, dramatic close-ups to emphasize the contrast between the scene in DOFP - where QS is just having fun and totally in control - and this scene where tons of lives are at risk and he can't let any of them die. Instead they just did the same thing as DOFP with no creative spin or twist on it, letting it contrast tonally with the rest of the movie.

I didn't like the whole Magneto daughter/wife one arrow kill scene. Felt forced and it was too predictable, IMO. Singer was hitting the audience over the head with a sledgehammer on that one. I wish they would've written peaceful Magneto's entire story differently.

The nuke scene which Stryker going to the X-Mansion and let the mutants go to Alkali Lake I would have also taken out Magneto and Mystique!

I'd have Caliban as a horseman, make him bringer like in the comics. Then more development to the other three horsemen. More backstory and character building for Apocalypse! I would have added a fight scene for Blob and Angel in the beginning. Longer fight scenes in the climax and the cage fight with Nightcrawler! Nightcrawler would have been by Xavier/Beast and with them also recruiting Angel with Angel refusing their offer. I would have made Psylocke a ninja who is seeking to be more powerful. Then Caliban, I guess a Morlock who hates humans. Then I would have also made Storm darker.

Last edited:
There should have been more development for the Four Horsemen, notably Angel & Psylocke. Also more Jubilee. She was hanging out with Scott, Jean, and Kurt, then she just vanished!

I would've taken out the Magneto peaceful storyline with his wife and daughter, waaay to much back story for him, Apocalypse could've just appealed to his already established dislike for humanity. More development for Storm and Psylocke, they were just kind there.

The whole Stryker/Wolverine thing goes against the last thing we saw in DoFP, so would've left that out and just had Scott blast them out, and start being more of a leader, as he should be, and hasn't been shown in any of the movies, after 9 movies c'mon, he's supposed to be the guy!

Not enough of Jean's story/power explained, the whole ending was like, ok, why wasn't that just the plan from the start?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"