Days of Future Past What other mutants would you have liked to have seen/replaced in DOFP?

I really would of liked to have seen Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler and Ben Foster as Angel in the future scenes instead and have them maybe replace Sunspot or Warpath. I think they could have easily given Angel the tracker role that Warpath got and you could have said that Angel has strong eye sight because they gave Kitty a 2nd mutation, so why not Angel. Angel in his place would have been a vast improvement as, whilst not terribly effective at fighting Sentinels, he could have served as the lookout instead while looking much more visually impressive than Warpath.

Regarding Nightcrawler though, you could argue that he wouldn’t have been anywhere near as exciting as Blink in those future scenes. The tactics and complexity she afforded to the team were something Nightcrawler just couldn't offer. Blink was one of the highlights of the future scenes, but it would have been nice to see Alan Cumming again considering this could be the last time we see the OT cast again, but Blink was a great replacement for the ’teleporter’ role. You could also argue that if you brought EVERYONE or most characters from the OT back, it would defeat the purpose of the sense of danger in the future if everyone is alive.

Also, I would of liked to have seen Blob and Avalanche in the Vietnam scene instead of Ink and that other random spike mutant as that would have been a nice nod to Mystique’s brotherhood lineup in the DOFP comic. I mean how awesome would it have been to see Mystique standing there with Havok, Toad, Blob, and Avalanche.

Would be cool if they could work her into the movies at some point. I doubt it now, though. Her moment was DoFP or - if ever they do this spin-off - Excalibur.

It is going to be a bit difficult now. Days of Future Past and its aftermath was essentially Rachel's origin story.

But the initial idea of having Rachel in the future of DoFP (as the one to send Wolverine's mind back in time) wasn't very good. She was to have been adopted/raised by Storm after Jean and Scott died in X3. Yet nowhere in the original trilogy was it indicated that Scott/Jean had a daughter. It would have come out of nowhere and been a bit of a head scratcher.

This would have been a problem. Probably why she got cut out.

I really would of liked to have seen Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler and Ben Foster as Angel in the future scenes instead and have them maybe replace Sunspot or Warpath.

Same here! :o

I liked that we finally saw the film version of Warpath and Sunspot but Angel and Nightcrawler being included in the film? I would have went nuts in excitement!

the new mutants were great...just needed more future time and more mutants. Or atleast reference the mutants that were dead in the future like archangel, banshee, etc.

Angel wouldnt have lasted two seconds in the film. Without his Archangel skills he is prettttty weak

You could say the same thing to Professor X he but lasted for more than 2 seconds.
the new mutants were great...just needed more future time and more mutants. Or atleast reference the mutants that were dead in the future like archangel, banshee, etc.

Banshee was mentioned as dead in the 1973.

Guys, I just want to ask why many of the FC cast including January Jones, Zoe Kravitz, and Caleb Jones were not part of DOFP? Sorry, I wasn't able to follow the news when DOFP started the production.

Was it a case of contracting? Or they just decided to drop them off for some other reason?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"