First Avenger What overly patriotic song would you like to hear in Captain America?

What about Telephone by Lady Gaga? I'ld love FDR to call up Steve and say "The nazis have some high caliber weapens and they're blocking off our reinforcements. Your country needs you!" and hear Steve say "Girl, you won't stop calling me".

There's not a song on this poll I would even think about wanting. I think that's a pretty short sighted list. In keeping with the period this movie is in I'd want to hear Kate Smith singing God Bless America. She was an overweight woman with a huge voice and the one who really popularized the Irving Berlin song. She was considered a national treasure during those days and sang it on many radio broadcasts. I can't imagine hearing anything modern in this movie. And if you want to get down to it I'd like to hear our National Anthem which too many people have loused up over the years. It's said that it's a hard song to perform; that it's too complex. I would put it to you that a good musician can do it and it's complexity adds to the richness of our country. My two cents.

I'm Proud To Be An American by Lee Greenwood

Gag....sorry I cannot stand this song..and I'm a proud American. But there is just something so cheesy, so over the top, so '80s about that song.

And again, time period.

I liked the recommendation of Over There. That is something that could be playing in the background to one of the USO shows of some sort.

I vote for "America.... **** YEAH!"

There's not a song on this poll I would even think about wanting. I think that's a pretty short sighted list. In keeping with the period this movie is in I'd want to hear Kate Smith singing God Bless America. She was an overweight woman with a huge voice and the one who really popularized the Irving Berlin song. She was considered a national treasure during those days and sang it on many radio broadcasts. I can't imagine hearing anything modern in this movie. And if you want to get down to it I'd like to hear our National Anthem which too many people have loused up over the years. It's said that it's a hard song to perform; that it's too complex. I would put it to you that a good musician can do it and it's complexity adds to the richness of our country. My two cents.

Once again, someone didn't get the joke :hehe:

probably not fitting for the movie but
citizen/soldier by 3 doors down always makes me think of cap

[YT]ID9ftrIg8a0[/YT]

Once again, someone didn't get the joke :hehe:

Ok, well if you're joking. But you never know. I obviously didn't. There are some very short sighted people and there have been worse decisions than the ones you jokingly made reference to.

Ok, well if you're joking. But you never know. I obviously didn't. There are some very short sighted people and there have been worse decisions than the ones you jokingly made reference to.

I honestly don't get how people look at the poll and not see it's a joke.

Having a modern patriotic song in the Cap movie would be as ridiculous as thinking you should have My Chemical Romance do a cover of a Bob Dylan song for the credits of a movie set in the 80s......

oh wait

And if you want to get down to it I'd like to hear our National Anthem which too many people have loused up over the years. It's said that it's a hard song to perform; that it's too complex. I would put it to you that a good musician can do it and it's complexity adds to the richness of our country. My two cents.

As difficult as it is, it's kind of ironic that the tune was originally that of a drinking song.

Wait, people were taking this poll seriously?

this movie will not delivar unless STARS & STRIPES FOREVER plays at sometime during the film...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"