Captain America Movie

I don't like the idea of a WW2 film because you lose so many great characters and are forced to wait for a sequel (which may never happen if we get the Avengers instead, where the film will already be filled up with superheroes and villains).

The Ultimate Avengers DVD works great at the Captain America story. It shows that you can still feel his pain after waking up in modern day without having to spend an entire movie of background. I'd say for a 2 hour film, have the first half hour set in WW2 and then move on. IF needed, there's always flashbacks/dream sequences.

I don't like the idea of a WW2 film because you lose so many great characters and are forced to wait for a sequel (which may never happen if we get the Avengers instead, where the film will already be filled up with superheroes and villains).

The Ultimate Avengers DVD works great at the Captain America story. It shows that you can still feel his pain after waking up in modern day without having to spend an entire movie of background. I'd say for a 2 hour film, have the first half hour set in WW2 and then move on. IF needed, there's always flashbacks/dream sequences.
Yeah, I understand your point. It's going to be kinda weird to have both flicks take place in different times since most of the superheros helmed to the big screen nowadays are based on today's modern history.

Show the origin and rise to fame in WW2, then freeze him/ bring him to modern days. The "man out of time" aspect will make the story stand out from the average cape movie.

EDIT: The poll should have the option to pick both time periods.

I understand that WW2 scenes need to be present to properly do Captain's story justice, but even a 50/50 sort of setup would seem too strange. It's like two short films in one and when you fall in love with the setting of the WW2 and its characters, you're sent to the future where you meet a whole new cast. But when you begin to like those characters, the movie is done and you need to wait another couple years to see the sequel.

Showing Captain America holding a picture of Peg before his WW2 mission shows the audience that he loves her without having to actually introduce her character. Showing Bucky and Captain talking for a brief moment and interacting shows that the two are close and have a good friendship. We don't need to know everything about everything.

I'd rather see a film based on Captain America adjusting to a new world with the same evil (Red Skull). Have him develop a relationship with Sharon while learning whats going on with the world with Fury. Have him walk to a cemetery and see the gravestones of old friends and feel his pain (from Ultimate Avengers).

The audience will understand that he is from the past and that he has lost everything and they will hurt for him and cheer for him against Red Skull, undoubtedly. Let's not chop this movie into two separate entities to hammer the idea of his pain into them.

Cap should be modern with flashbacks I think.

It should be like the 90s movie, it starts in the 40s then he gets frozen and comes back in the modern day with red skull fully evil!

Except the Red Skull should be, you know, German.

A mix of both I say.

Much as I want to see Cap in a modern setting, I'd rather have the first film set in WWII.
I want this to be a seriously good film and I fear that if we rush him to the present it'll be like just another fish-out-of-water type story.
Besides, no one just becomes the sentinel of liberty. You have to set him up in the first film as a proper character. He's a patriot, but the important thing about him is that he doesn't just stand for his country- he stands for its ideals. We have to see a point where he goes beyond just taking orders from his superiors.
Red Skull has to be the villain, but I've always wanted to see someone like Brad Pitt play the Skull. I love the idea that someone who fits the aryan ideal is chosen to become the Nazi's Captain America, but instead he becomes horribly disfigured. he despises Cap because he can't participate in any kind of glory in the same way he can. The Skull has to work for the nazis in the shadows.
But I would want as the film's centrepiece a representation of the first few pages of Ultimates #1 vol.1. It's like a Lord of the Ring's battle but in WWII!

welcome to the hype knack

welcome to the hype knack

Thanks. Haven't really posted anything for years until a couple of days ago, but seeing your number of posts has giving me something to shoot for.:woot:

i think they should do it INDIANA JONES style. like a real, traveling adventure movie from germany ww2, to present day the antarctic in the ice, to new york, to every major place in germany and to other countries to take down red skull...

^I think that's one of the reasons many people would love it if Spielberg directed a Cap movie.

i think they should do it INDIANA JONES style. like a real, traveling adventure movie from germany ww2, to present day the antarctic in the ice, to new york, to every major place in germany and to other countries to take down red skull...

i second THIS motion

Personally, I think Cap would make a great period piece, starting with his origin and ending with his Ultimates-like heroic "death." Bucky goes home to Gale while we hear a voice-over of Cap's letter. Sad, sentimental, poignant. Plus, it's a good chance to use Red Skull without having to have him unfrozen in the future - a move that would bring the average movie-goer memories of Dr. Evil.

Then, in the Avengers movie, wake Cap's ass up.

Oh, and by the way, Bradley Cooper (Alias, Wedding Crashers) for Captain America. He's got the look, can bulk up if need be, and, most importantly, he's a great actor whose unknown enough to disappear into the role.

failure2.jpg

comic1.jpg

13goingpreg.jpg

Cooper is a good actor. Though to have him acting against the likes of Downey and Norton in a potential Avengers film will take a little convincing.

With JLA on the shelve what the hell is Marvel waiting for? Tell me Thor isn't the only major SUperhero flick we are getting in 09? They need another big time character in there... now its probably too late.

WGA strike is in the way of both Cap & Thor.

The scripts should have been done a LONG time ago... isn't that the first thing that has to get done? Don't know why the waited... its going to push back everything...

What if Cap's thawing ended up at the end of the first movie to act as a cliffhanger for a potential sequel. It'll piss off the general audience but as long as the first film turns out to be a grand epic then it wouldn't really matter would it?

A lot of people felt the same way about Fellowship of the Ring when that came out. Then again the majority of those people never even read the books anyway.

3 Movie Deal

Movie 1 - All WW2 based

Cap is created (original origin, no need to rework) trained and is sent into the war in Europe- see him take apart a couple of Nazi strongholds, finds documents about the main villian, Baron Zemo, mad scientist working on duplication of the SS serum to create the ultimate Nazi army. He has a test subject that he is performing horrendous tests on. Cap catches up with Zemo, takes him out of him and destroys the lab.

Prologue at the end of film - the test subject has escaped the lab, quick flash out of the darkness - The Red Skull!

Movie 2 - 50 / 50 movie

1st half-
A mysterious Nazi commander has taken charge of a rocket installation in Norway and begins to attack major Allied cities and installations. The rocket site is also being used to develop other secret weapons of war - The Sleeper Project. Cap and the his new allies a commando sqaud lead by Nick Fury assist in locating and attacking the base. Cap at this point runs into the Red Skull for the 1st time. The Skull unleashes a Sleeper that Cap must overcome. Once done the Red Skull tries to escape using a rocket plane. Cap gets aboard in order to stop him, does so and when it looks like the plane is going down manages to jump out, leaving the Skull trapped. Plane hits the ocean, as does Cap.

Both Cap and the Skull are frozen. Fade to Black

2nd half

Fade to white...

Use the Ultimates uncovering of a frozen Cap - Robert Downy Jr guests as Tony Stark in Norway with a scientist team, stumbles across a Cap.

The movie then concludes with Cap being re-introduced into a world that has significantly changed (use the german made cars and japanese technology angle that was in the 1991 movie). A man out of time, but with a ideal that connects him with the modern world.

Needs an mission at this point - May be foiling an Presidential assasination plot or terrorist bombing, could even be his aiding the public after a significant event (ie bombing). Something that allows him to become promanent again.

Movie ends with a group of neo-nazi's in a lab thawring out the Red Skull. The lab has a number of unique weapons under development. The camera pans away from the Red Skull and focusses on a crystal cube. Focssing even harder, there is a reflection off the cube of the Skull suddenly waking and attacking his rescuers.

Fade to Black - still hearing the screams of the neo-nazi's as they are ripped apart.

Movie 3 - Present day

Cap and his new allies - Shield are fighting against terrorism in the US. Finds out that the Skull is back and is funding and aquiting terrorist groups with technologies that are beyond modern means. He confronts the Skull who has a devise called the Cosmic Cube that he is using in an attempt to over power the free world and re-establish a Nazi 4th Reich with him as the new Fuhrer. With the power of the cube, the Skull over powers the super powers and claims his throne.

Cap confronts the Skull - big battle, Cap wins and claims the cosmic cube, (Skull is killed, but is possibly not gone - could throw in a clone link here for the future).

Cap needs to set things right, using the cube he corrects the Skulls handy work, but is faced with the moral choice of eliminating the 'problems' of the world. A moral choice that only Captain America could confront. He chooses not interfere with the natural order and destroys the cube.

Movie ends with a patriotic speech about what he stands for and that Captain America will always be ready to act to up hold freedom.

Flag waving - Fade to Black

I agree - traditional uniform, but add more seams. Just like the uniform caps wears prior to hus death in the comics.

I don't want to see spandex and big scales

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"