Captain America Movie

I happen to love the Ultimate look and find it much more plausible than the 616. Just add the wings is all I'd change.

I think the CAP movie should be entirely set in the 1940's. "Private Ryan" meets "Spider-Man" if you need a "Hollywood hook." It ends with him being a legend of WWII, no hint of the big freeze.

The AVENGERS movie should be the vehicle that moves Cap into the present! Flashbacks or pre-credit sequence can address the frozen/Zemo stuff.

This way, Marvel has the potential of two ongoing series, one set during WWII and the other in the present. What Marvel is talking about sounds exactly like the Canon version, and could present many of the same problems [story wise] that that one had.

i think him freezing in the end is an awesome ending for a movie, but thats just me

Cap freezing at the end is not bad, but why close the door on a whole series so WWII adventures just to set up his transition to the present day stories. If this is all dealt with in the Avengers movie, then we can have two ongoing series of movies at the same time, set in very different decades.

I agree - traditional uniform, but add more seams. Just like the uniform caps wears prior to hus death in the comics.

I don't want to see spandex and big scales

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a mix between the traditional and the ultimates.
I wouldn't mind it he had this suit in the very beginning:
SEP031944.jpg

I m not to happy about their decision of doing only ww2 cap . Both era would have been the best call. Still I want to see cap :yay:

As far as I know nothing is set in stone right now about Cap's story. However I think in an interview it was said that it might be half and half. Personally I think the costume design can and most likely will vary or mix, but I do not like the wings. I think it looks kinda corny. As long as they're not there I won't care.

It just boggles my noodle that a Cap movie hasn't been made yet. I take that back...a GOOD Cap movie hasn't been made yet.

And it either has to be half & half, or all a period piece culminating in Cap getting frozen. Having it all modern day just wouldn't work.

Agree.

Ideally it would have the Avengers discover him, and show his true return in Avengers.

Mix of the Ultimate and current Bucky uniform should suffice,I love the black on the outfit

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a mix between the traditional and the ultimates.
I wouldn't mind it he had this suit in the very beginning:
SEP031944.jpg

Looks like a cross between Captain America, Sgt. Rock, and Reb Brown. Eeww.

i think the bust looks good

I personally hope for an all WW2 film.. despite whatever costs are implied with a period piece, I think that thematically, Cap is better served with the first movie dealing with his origins and WW2 battles.. to put it another way-- a studio is probably going to want the movie to be 2 hours at best.. so does that mean that his origin and first battle with the red skull have to be under 50 minutes? then the ice accident, then unfreezing and fighting red skull or whoever-- in the modern day for the last hour?

To me, that's what RUINED the 1990 cap film, trying to squeeze everything into 90 minutes..

another option, I'd say would to be make the movie "all" in the present, and only have occasional flashbacks to the origin--

Also-- since, presumably, Cap is set up as a franchise, they can film two movies back to back or concurrently, so the filmmakers have a clearer idea about the overall arc they are trying to convey...

OK, so has anyone heard much on this film?

Have they even got any writers in line yet?

they shounld'nt make a cap film, they just need to make a Iron Man, Hulk, Nick Fury, Thor and Hank Pym film and then in the Avengers film have Fury and Ross find him

Slowly I'm sold on the Cap being a period peice until the Avengers movie... I kinda like that a lot actually.

Well we all know it's part period film, and the rest is in today's time. Period films don't exactly light up the box office with a few exceptions.

Slowly I'm sold on the Cap being a period peice until the Avengers movie... I kinda like that a lot actually.

The only real problem with that (as I see it) is that a Captain America 2 would be set in modern times, which would completely confuse those who saw the first CA but didn't see the Avengers movie.

You can't have Cap return in an Avengers movie, because then the main focus of the movie has to be on him; balancing five or six heroes is hard enough without having to do that.

I'd personally start with him in the present and do flashbacks to his origin, but a more linear approach would be fine. Cap is defined by the "man out of time" part, and it makes no sense to omit that from what is potentially his only big-screen adventure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"