Transformers What the Hell? Bumblebee a CAMARO!!??

anubiscomplex

Civilian
Reaction score
So I see these 2 pages and ran across these details..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bumblebee_(Transformers)
-"In the upcoming live-action film Bumblebee will be a Chevrolet Camaro."

...AND...

http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/354/C8127/-"Bumblebee will start out as a 1970s Camaro, but after some unannounced difficulties over the course of the film, he gets rebuilt as a 2008/09 Camaro"

This is one of the most popular and remembered TF toy.
You mean to tell me they couldn't keep Bumblebee a Voltzwagon Beetle?
They JUST remade that model car not too long ago. I can already see where this is going..Please Mr. Bay, don't make this movie suck..

Old news. VW suppossedly bailed out. What's worse is that Bumblebee received very little support from the "fans"... who see a hot-rod, obnoxious, "The Fast & The Furious" Bumblebee as somehow "cool." :rolleyes:

IMO, Bumblebee represented the heart of the Transformers Story with its environmental themes...

"...get with it! I only require a drop of fuel to run, so I'm going to explore this whole planet."
-Bumblebee - Transformers Issue #1

Apparently a gas-guzzling 8-cyl! muscle-car is somehow faithful to this vision.

Oh well..at least (VW pulling out of the deal) would be a good reason to not have the beetle...
wow..BAD move on VW's part.

Great Quote CFLASH, I conquer 100%

CFlash said:
Old news. VW suppossedly bailed out. What's worse is that Bumblebee received very little support from the "fans"... who see a hot-rod, obnoxious, "The Fast & The Furious" Bumblebee as somehow "cool." :rolleyes:

IMO, Bumblebee represented the heart of the Transformers Story with its environmental themes...

"...get with it! I only require a drop of fuel to run, so I'm going to explore this whole planet."
-Bumblebee - Transformers Issue #1

Apparently a gas-guzzling 8-cyl! muscle-car is somehow faithful to this vision.

Attempt not to be a near sighted *****ebag for 15 seconds and maybe your point would come across without hurting the IQ of others.

Oh VW dropped out, now it makes sense. I could not for the life of me figure out the point in changing bumblebee into a camaro.

Casius--J said:
Oh VW dropped out, now it makes sense. I could not for the life of me figure out the point in changing bumblebee into a camaro.
Yeah VW won't let Hasbro have any rights to make any Transformer modeled after their products. VW doesn't want their products associated with any war-like toys and since TF's is about a war between two factions...well you see the point.

WalkingDead said:
Yeah VW won't let Hasbro have any rights to make any Transformer modeled after their products. VW doesn't want their products associated with any war-like toys and since TF's is about a war between two factions...well you see the point.

Ah right that makes sense to me, gotta respect them for their decision although i dont like it.

WalkingDead said:
I guess they've wised up considering their last war related products weren't exactly the best PR campaign ever.:D

zer00 said:
Attempt not to be a near sighted *****ebag for 15 seconds and maybe your point would come across without hurting the IQ of others.

What the heck was THAT??

zer00 said:

What's your problem dude? Get a life.

I don't see what's the big deal is with Bubblebee being a Camaro. I don't.

I can see how it's a big deal making...Megatron as a jet or a toaster, whatever, but to me this is not a big issue.

Octoberist said:
I don't see what's the big deal is with Bubblebee being a Camaro. I don't.

I can see how it's a big deal making...Megatron as a jet or a toaster, whatever, but to me this is not a big issue.

Didn't you also say Transformers didn't have a mythology or philosophy? And was just about ROBOTS... THAT Transform into things?

Well, there was a mythology and there was a philosophy... with strong environmental protection themes. Bumblebee was kinda the main icon for that particular theme.

I never knew there were fanboys for an 80's cartoon based on toys.
It never crossed my mind.
Are there also He-man and Thundercats groupies?

I'm not insulting you, btw. It's just as legit as any other form of fanboyism, I suppose. I just never realized there were 80's cartoon purists.

SilentType said:
I never knew there were fanboys for an 80's cartoon based on toys.
It never crossed my mind.
Are there also He-man and Thundercats groupies?

I'm not insulting you, btw. It's just as legit as any other form of fanboyism, I suppose. I just never realized there were 80's cartoon purists.
Yes their are fanboys for just about any 80's property.

I myself am a huge fan of Transformers as a whole (not just the old cartoon). I am also a fan of He-Man, Thundercats, Voltron, and a few others.

WalkingDead said:
Yes their are fanboys for just about any 80's property.

I myself am a huge fan of Transformers as a whole (not just the old cartoon). I am also a fan of He-Man, Thundercats, Voltron, and a few others.

While I loved all those other guys too... I think only really Transformers had the mature teen or tween vibe... more akin to TMNT (the comic) or stuff like that than anything else.

Like G.I. Joe, part of Transformers longevity stems from its successul comic book run which gave the rest of the franchise a sort of "credibility" that went beyond it being a simple "toon."

I heard that VW pulled out because they didn't want their cars associated with war. Originally, they developed cars for the third reich and Hitler in WWII, so that is understandable. To be honest, I just hope that Bumblebee bears some resemblance to what he looked like for so many years.

From recent reports at the Hoover Dam, Bumblebee stands 25 feet tall and looks "awesome." We shall see about that.

http://superherohype.com/news/transformersnews.php?id=4374

Zombie-tastic said:
I heard that VW pulled out because they didn't want their cars associated with war. Originally, they developed cars for the third reich and Hitler in WWII, so that is understandable. To be honest, I just hope that Bumblebee bears some resemblance to what he looked like for so many years.

From recent reports at the Hoover Dam, Bumblebee stands 25 feet tall and looks "awesome." We shall see about that.

http://superherohype.com/news/transformersnews.php?id=4374

25 ft seems a bit tall... classically he was 15ft- not so super-imposing, which is why he was the human liason.

Though I guess even a 15 foot robot is imposing no matter what. So 25 ft isn't much of a stretch. I dunno.

since he wont be a Beetle anything else they make him wont be faithful to the character's look.....so do they include BB as a different alt mode or not have him in the film.

CFlash said:
25 ft seems a bit tall... classically he was 15ft- not so super-imposing, which is why he was the human liason.

Though I guess even a 15 foot robot is imposing no matter what. So 25 ft isn't much of a stretch. I dunno.

It's funny...depending on the episode, comic artist, and/or writer...Bumblebee has been anywhere from 8ft to 16ft tall. As a general rule most consider him to be around 12-13ft tall these days.

Who cares if he's a camaro or a beetle. He's yellow, and is a car. But then again, Hot shot is yellow, and would fit being a camaro more.
Anyway. As long as his personality is the same, i'm cool with it.

To all those complaining about Bumblebee being a Camaro in the movie, please direct your gripes toward Volkswagen. It's their fault, they wouldn't let the studio use their cars. Please go rant to them.

Mal'Akai said:
To all those complaining about Bumblebee being a Camaro in the movie, please direct your gripes toward Volkswagen. It's their fault, they wouldn't let the studio use their cars. Please go rant to them.

Again with the VW thing?! *Sigh*
I couldn't care less if he was a Volkswagen.
I just don't think he should be a hotrod MUSCLE car. :rolleyes:

I was never a HUGE fan of Bumblebee. I thought he was important to have in the story...but he certainly wasn't my favorite. I don't care what form he takes.

I only care that they ACT like themselves...and not cold machines. The Autobots have to have great character growth amongst themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"