The Amazing Spider-Man What villain or villains would you like to see them kick start the reboot with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by @KAW
Was he even a villain? The guy killed himself to saved the city. Heath's Joker shouldn't even be mention in the same sentence as any of Raimi's so-called villains.
:dry::whatever:

You have a point with Sandman, but not Doc Ock.
Up until Heath Ledger's Joker, that was the best Superhero Film villain.

he wasn't a villain though... he was being controlled by a microchip not his own thoughts and actions, then saved the city

Like I said, Doc Ock wasn't a villain. As much as I love Molina playing him and the visuals from the character. That was a weak version of Ock on screen. It's always about the script, if the script doesn't include the goods, no actor, no matter how good or great can deliver.

Green Goblin is still my personal favorite, with Ock aclose 2nd

Venom was a step up from the comic version - but, as many have said it wasnt too hard to do.

Octopus was simply given The Lizards backstory, which made the character...stupid, IMHO.

Sandman was laughable. His "I'm not a bad guy" schtick was just hilarious considering his actions through the movie. You cant help but laugh at him and Pete enjoying a cry at the end together when 10 minutes before he was a giant sand monster smashing spidey's face in.

I always thought after Peter forgave him (LOL) and Sandy flies away, Pete turns to MJ and Harry's corpse just as a bank siren goes off. Far off in the distance "...I'm not a bad guy...". Peter sighs, fade to black

I agree with all this.

And Green Goblin, though a cool villain and all, didn't really live up to the comic version imo. He just shouldn't be an origin villain. He felt way too lessened.

The only villains I actually thought were handled very well were Harry Osborn (if you'd call him a villain) and Venom. To some extent also Green Goblin, but not as good as I hoped.

I agree with all this.

And Green Goblin, though a cool villain and all, didn't really live up to the comic version imo. He just shouldn't be an origin villain. He felt way too lessened.

The only villains I actually thought were handled very well were Harry Osborn (if you'd call him a villain) and Venom. To some extent also Green Goblin, but not as good as I hoped.

eh im going to disagree on venom and green goblin. Norman was handled correctly, but his costume was not. Eddie brock came off as a spoiled punk brat who was just mad he couldn't get the girl. Venom just looked visually awesome.

eh im going to disagree on venom and green goblin. Norman was handled correctly, but his costume was not. Eddie brock came off as a spoiled punk brat who was just mad he couldn't get the girl. Venom just looked visually awesome.

I know but it was at least an improvement over the comics, so I'd still say that Raimi handled him well.

About Green Goblin, I think he was a cool villain and all but don't you think it felt kinda "wasted" to have him in an origin focused movie? He didn't feel like Spidey's all time greatest enemy as he actually is.

it's not really an opinion in terms of what a villain is. he was a torture protagonist, yes. villain, no.

So the likes of Harry, The Lizard etc are not villains just because they're tortured?

Harry is, because he chooses his actions. The Lizard is, but Curt isn't. In the movie, Otto's being manipulated, so it's understandable that he wouldn't be considered a villain, per say.

Harry is, because he chooses his actions. The Lizard is, but Curt isn't. In the movie, Otto's being manipulated, so it's understandable that he wouldn't be considered a villain, per say.

That's hair splitting. That's like saying Doc Ock is the villain but Otto isn't, or Green Goblin is the villain but Norman isn't etc. It's no different than having Norman's mind messed up by the green gas which made him a schizo with an evil Goblin personality taking over his mind and coercing him into what to do.

Voices in the head, whether it's from green gas or A.I. arms, it's the same thing. Having Lizard DNA turn you into a monster you can't control, again it's the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"