The Amazing Spider-Man 2 What villain would you like to see in Amazing Spider-man 2?

Then what was his purpose of those words he said and him visiting the school

Couldn't tell you. All I know is that Lizard didn't kill Spider-Man or didn't even try to.

When you admit you are blaming Arad needlessly

Makes sense. Trying to keep up some false hope that the censor board kept a scene out where a giant lizard didn't eat anyone.

He put up a good fight,its the other way around,Peter didnt want to hurt him.
Lizard started to turn back and escaped,just because a scene was deleted you dont have to start interpreting things which were never meant to be

If we were to believe in deleted scenes, then that means Tony Stark ran into Ghostface Killah in the first IM, The Hulk broke up Captain America from the ice even though he was in a ship in The First Avenger and Dr. Ratha is indeed dead. Yah, we should very well include deleted scenes :whatever:

The Lift scene in SM2 where that man with dog offered him a card

Oh, oh. Hahaha, the elevator. Sorry, my US mind didn't understand the term 'lift' for a moment.

But, the scene is still there, just as not long as the extended cut which is mostly what 2.1 is about; just extended scenes, and not so much deleted scenes.

So you are comparing the reception of Transformers with Spider-man movies?
Man I've seen it all

Trust me, I have read it all having replied to you so many times.

And...go ahead and don't read between the lines and take it all out of context.

When did that happen? What that has to do with what he said? How do you know he almost wasn't back because of Sony?

It's not like his deal with Fox was a big secret, if there was any question on him coming back or not it was whether he wanted to or not, and given how heavily his movie was edited late in production. It looks like someone wasn't happy.

How do you know the script was allowed and already complete?

Just curious, cause I don't remember reading about it.

I've read it before but the best proof is that they were already storyboarding with the vulture. In order to get to that stage you have to be pretty much complete with the writing process, because you're now trying to visually realize your product. Arad ordered Venom in late in production.

vulture.jpg

And to support my claims that the script was changing even durring filming I have exhibit A:

(This is the original Venom teams up with Sandman scene where Venom threatens his daughter as seen in the novelization)

61n5r43.jpg

exhibit B:

(This is the Venom Skull prop from Venoms original death in which the symbiote slides off of Eddies body leaving only his skeleton and takes physical form of it's own trying to rebond with Peter)

Spiderman3_VenomSkull_1_thmb.jpg

Makes sense. Trying to keep up some false hope that the censor board kept a scene out where a giant lizard didn't eat anyone.

Well Avi Arad is the great man that gave us Ghost Rider 2, he'd never do anything bad.

Trust me, I have read it all having replied to you so many times.

And...go ahead and don't read between the lines and take it all out of context.

Pretty much all he does and he's more strict about citing your sources than my english professors.

It's not like his deal with Fox was a big secret, if there was any question on him coming back or not it was whether he wanted to or not, and given how heavily his movie was edited late in production. It looks like someone wasn't happy.

I've read it before but the best proof is that they were already storyboarding with the vulture. In order to get to that stage you have to be pretty much complete with the writing process, because you're now trying to visually realize your product. Arad ordered Venom in late in production.

vulture.jpg

And to support my claims that the script was changing even durring filming I have exhibit A:

(This is the original Venom teams up with Sandman scene where Venom threatens his daughter as seen in the novelization)

61n5r43.jpg

exhibit B:

(This is the Venom Skull prop from Venoms original death in which the symbiote slides off of Eddies body leaving only his skeleton and takes physical form of it's own trying to rebond with Peter)

I've seen the vulture storyboard and the sandman and Eddie picture... but I've never seen that skull!! °O° Cool, man Hey where did your read the Spider-Man 3 Script with vulture in it? :D

Yah, the skull was actually on sale for one time on Ebay I believe.

I don't know how anyone could seriously think Spider-Man 3 didn't have an original script or even a better story with Sandman and Venom after all the stuff we've seen/read/etc before S-M 3 was released and after.

When someone agrees to do two more movies for one studio as the only requisite to come back for a movie of another studio, I'm willing to think that has nothing to do with this someone almost not coming back because he wasn't satisfied with his prior experience.

We have little to think that he almost didn't come back because of Sony and more to think that he almost didn't because of Fox. He'll be contractually obliged to make two movies for Fox just because he wanted to return and make another Spider-Man movie as soon as possible. That leads us to believe his experience was more positive than it was negative. Anything other than that is just assumption.

I believe that is done all the time. Like you said, when they try to visualize their ideas, they go with storyboards. Not only that, but also busts, miniatures, drawings, sketches and what have you. That is common, but that isn't evidence that they had a ''greenlight and completed script'', as you said. They could simply be visualizing what they wanted for the story before they started writing. I think there are images of a young Doc Ock that was supposed to date MJ in SM2, but it didn't mean that they wrote an entire script with that idea in mind and that it was already done.

Regardless of that, the final scripts always go through changes midway production. I remember an interview of Jeff Bridges talking about the mess that it was during Iron Man's production, mentioning that they didn't even have a complete script and kept changing it all the time.
That may be common.

61n5r43.jpg
It's like the case I mentioned above of Iron Man. The final script always goes through changes midway production.
Andrew Garfield mentioned in one of his interviews that TASM is completely different than what he thought it would be when he read the script and that a lot has changed. Watching the commentaries on the Avengers Blu-Ray, Whedon mentioned how, sometimes, an actor would come to him and say ''hey, I don't think my character would do this and say this. Can we try this or that?''
So, like I said before, it might be pretty common. It's not because the script keeps changing that the movie will come out wrong and bad. In IM, it worked. In SM3, it didn't.
In my opinion, at least.

exhibit B
Nice. I don't remember seeing this before. I wish they had kept many of the things they did and others that were rumored to be there.

Last edited:
When someone agrees to do two more movies for one studio as the only requisite to come back for a movie of another studio, I'm willing to think that has nothing to do with this someone almost not coming back because he wasn't satisfied with his prior experience.

We have little to think that he almost didn't come back because of Sony and more to think that he almost didn't because of Fox. He'll be contractually obliged to make two movies for Fox just because he wanted to return and make another Spider-Man movie as soon as possible. That leads us to believe his experience was more positive than it was negative. Anything other than that is just assumption.

My hope is that Webb may have been promised more control, but you are right. However to say Avi looks like he had nothing to do with the way it turned out is really pushing it.

B]

Thats where you're wrong. One of the most basic points of screen writing is that you don't story board your project until after you're done. The vulture idea went pretty far and there were sources that said that Sam had tried to keep the Vulture in the final draft until he realized it could not work (anyone remember that fourth villain rumor.

Oh and to that bolded part, there actually is an entire script written about that idea. It's pretty good in my opinion you should check it out.

http://io9.com/379291/read-michael-chabons-script-for-spider+man-2

Regardless of that, the final scripts always go through changes midway production. I remember an interview of Jeff Bridges talking about the mess that it was during Iron Man's production, mentioning that they didn't even have a complete script and kept changing it all the time.
That may be common.

It's like the case I mentioned above of Iron Man. The final script always goes through changes midway production.
Andrew Garfield mentioned in one of his interviews that TASM is completely different than what he thought it would be when he read the script and that a lot has changed. Watching the commentaries on the Avengers Blu-Ray, Whedon mentioned how, sometimes, an actor would come to him and say ''hey, I don't think my character would do this and say this. Can we try this or that?''
So, like I said before, it might be pretty common. It's not because the script keeps changing that the movie will come out wrong and bad. In IM, it worked. In SM3, it didn't.
In my opinion, at least.

Theres a script floating around thats rumored to be the working script to AMS. Given that it features the Lizard, the Connors family, and Van Attler as rumored when the film was announced I believe it to be real. Anyway theres a difference between not having a complete script and having a complete script and idea in place and trying to completely change it durring filming.

Actors ask to stray from the script all the time and it can be great. Heath Ledgers slow clap in the jail cell in TDK, Harrison Ford changing his "I love you too" to "I know" in Empire Strikes Back. However they don't take the story in an entirely different direction. It's just more of small things. Venom in theory could work great in a story about Revenge however the vulture was the primary villain for a reason. The Vulture was intended to be shafted and from the get go and black suited Peter really takes the focus off of Sandman and Harry.

It happens a lot durring filming yes, but the way it worked in Spider-Man 3 is not the norm.

Nice. I don't remember seeing this before. I wish they had kept many of the things they did and others that were rumored to be there.

If you want a better version of Spider-Man 3 read the novelization. It's much better. Eddie and Sandman especially are much better developed however MJs still a *****.

I've seen the vulture storyboard and the sandman and Eddie picture... but I've never seen that skull!! °O° Cool, man Hey where did your read the Spider-Man 3 Script with vulture in it? :D

Unfortunately you can't find it. You can piece it together if you read the novelization, read a lot of interviews about the original story, and read about deleted scenes. Sources say that the vulture gets arrested at the beginning of the film and his cellmate is Flint Marko and he uses leverage on his personal life to make him commit crimes for him. In the novelization and the deleted scenes theres a doctor character who promises to cure Flints daughter if he keeps stealing money for him. Given how much Raimi wanted to keep it simple in 1 and 2 and the similarities between the plots you can conclude Vulture had the role of the doctor as well.

Sandman still killed Uncle Ben, but without the Black suit theres more focus on Peter wanting revenge on his father figures killer. Harry wants revenge on Peter for the same reason and in the novelization Peter accepts at the end that even though Sandman pulled the trigger it was still his fault he died because he let his partner go.

If they ever released it I think we'd have a much better appreciation for Raimi and Co than people do now. SM3 really wasn't a bad idea at conception.

Unfortunately you can't find it. You can piece it together if you read the novelization, read a lot of interviews about the original story, and read about deleted scenes. Sources say that the vulture gets arrested at the beginning of the film and his cellmate is Flint Marko and he uses leverage on his personal life to make him commit crimes for him. In the novelization and the deleted scenes theres a doctor character who promises to cure Flints daughter if he keeps stealing money for him. Given how much Raimi wanted to keep it simple in 1 and 2 and the similarities between the plots you can conclude Vulture had the role of the doctor as well.

Sandman still killed Uncle Ben, but without the Black suit theres more focus on Peter wanting revenge on his father figures killer. Harry wants revenge on Peter for the same reason and in the novelization Peter accepts at the end that even though Sandman pulled the trigger it was still his fault he died because he let his partner go.

If they ever released it I think we'd have a much better appreciation for Raimi and Co than people do now. SM3 really wasn't a bad idea at conception.

Thanks, man I'll definitely buy the novel! or simply "p"... "iracy" could work as well. :woot:

Hah! I've come to the conclusion that The Amazing Spider-Man is not the only bad edited film... the original Spider-Man 3 is too!! :D

Thats where you're wrong. One of the most basic points of screen writing is that you don't story board your project until after you're done. The vulture idea went pretty far and there were sources that said that Sam had tried to keep the Vulture in the final draft until he realized it could not work (anyone remember that fourth villain rumor.
Maybe you didn't understand. What I tried to say is that a storyboard isn't a certainty that they had a final script. That is, the one sent to actors for reading, for the producers and for all of those involved that should know the details of the movie and even for the producers of the game so they can begin their project. Unless you mean something different by ''greenlight and completed'' script, then there's just a misunderstanding, here.

There may be tons of scripts, drafts, ideas on paper. They will take a little from each, like Alvin Sargent took some details from Chabon's script. The storyboards can come from that too and some most likely do so they can visualize the scene and decide if it stays or goes.
Oh and to that bolded part, there actually is an entire script written about that idea. It's pretty good in my opinion you should check it out.

http://io9.com/379291/read-michael-chabons-script-for-spider+man-2
I'm aware of the script, just not sure if there was a pic online or in the DVD. I think that's where I saw it. What I tried to say is that it didn't mean that they had an entire script just because of some concept art. But Chabon's draft has been taken out. Shame. Maybe some other day.

Theres a script floating around thats rumored to be the working script to AMS. Given that it features the Lizard, the Connors family, and Van Attler as rumored when the film was announced I believe it to be real. Anyway theres a difference between not having a complete script and having a complete script and idea in place and trying to completely change it durring filming.

Actors ask to stray from the script all the time and it can be great. Heath Ledgers slow clap in the jail cell in TDK, Harrison Ford changing his "I love you too" to "I know" in Empire Strikes Back. However they don't take the story in an entirely different direction. It's just more of small things. Venom in theory could work great in a story about Revenge however the vulture was the primary villain for a reason. The Vulture was intended to be shafted and from the get go and black suited Peter really takes the focus off of Sandman and Harry.
It's basically what I said regarding your post talking about how
the script was changing through the production. That happens more often than not. I'd risk and say that happens all the time.
Heck, Daredevil had a special version with all of the cut stuff and it made the story better. It wasn't just cut, but some stuff actually altered the movie's story. SM3 was just one more movie suffering from that and, because of its popularity, we know there was a lot going on that wasn't shown.

If you want a better version of Spider-Man 3 read the novelization. It's much better. Eddie and Sandman especially are much better developed however MJs still a *****.
Is it online? I'd appreciate if you have a link.

Maybe you didn't understand. What I tried to say is that a storyboard isn't a certainty that they had a final script. That is, the one sent to actors for reading, for the producers and for all of those involved that should know the details of the movie and even for the producers of the game so they can begin their project. Unless you mean something different by ''greenlight and completed'' script, then there's just a misunderstanding, here.

I'm saying that they were far into production and they already had agreed on a script until Avi forced Venom on them. It might not have been 100% finalized but it was pretty close and the final inclusion of Venom himself came late in production.

There may be tons of scripts, drafts, ideas on paper. They will take a little from each, like Alvin Sargent took some details from Chabon's script. The storyboards can come from that too and some most likely do so they can visualize the scene and decide if it stays or goes.
I'm aware of the script, just not sure if there was a pic online or in the DVD. I think that's where I saw it. What I tried to say is that it didn't mean that they had an entire script just because of some concept art. But Chabon's draft has been taken out. Shame. Maybe some other day.

Yeah if you read James Camerons script for Spider-Man even you can see a lot of things that ended up in SM1. However Chabons script was pretty close to what we got, it's not as big a change as Vulture to Venom, especially all the comes with Venom. If you look at most of these drafts they have a similar story it's just small things that are changed. Changes do happen understand.

It's basically what I said regarding your post talking about how
the script was changing through the production. That happens more often than not. I'd risk and say that happens all the time.
Heck, Daredevil had a special version with all of the cut stuff and it made the story better. It wasn't just cut, but some stuff actually altered the movie's story. SM3 was just one more movie suffering from that and, because of its popularity, we know there was a lot going on that wasn't shown.

Daredevil is a good example too. They ruined to movie in the editing so we could have a sex scene with Matt and Elektra. The directors cut is actually a pretty good film. I understand this kind of thing happens all the time, and if you ask me its more reason to say Arad is probably to blame.

Is it online? I'd appreciate if you have a link.

I picked it up at boarders when I was 14 i can check. It's just a much better story. It has the Raimi Spider-Man feel the movie didn't have. Sandman has a better ending, Eddie has better motives, and the symbote is better developed. Harry's generally the same if I recall not to mention Sandman and Peter have a much more emotional confrontation in the subways.

Last edited:
Cool, man. Much appreciate if you still have it! :D

Hah! I've come to the conclusion that The Amazing Spider-Man is not the only bad edited film... the original Spider-Man 3 is too!! :D

Emo Peter would have still been there but it might have been more forgivable if we had the original idea. One of the reasons the novel is better, you don't have to imagine him as looking that stupid lol.

Last edited:
I think the ears should be a little smaller, but I like it. It combines the classic 616 Goblin with the Ultimate version.

Where is this fan art from?

Yah, the skull was actually on sale for one time on Ebay I believe.

I don't know how anyone could seriously think Spider-Man 3 didn't have an original script or even a better story with Sandman and Venom after all the stuff we've seen/read/etc before S-M 3 was released and after.

Have you ever read the SM3 official novelization? A lot of the early set photos and reported deleted scenes were in there.

I think the ears should be a little smaller, but I like it. It combines the classic 616 Goblin with the Ultimate version.

Where is this fan art from?

From Deviantart
link is below the picture

I think it's the perfekt desing for the Goblin! :woot:

@ Spiderdevil: I'm not sure. This design could work either way imo

Based on what we have so far, it seems like Green Goblin is going to have to "transform" into some kind of creature. We know he'll probably have intelligence based on what we've seen with the Lizard, as opposed to a mindless monster just destroying things.

However, we also want the 616 Goblin. A green rubber goblin mask just won't do the trick on screen IMO. So we could potentially see his body transform into a "Goblin-esque" like creature that still uses the Glider and has pumpkin bombs of the sort.

l.jpg

Speaking of Pumpkin bombs, what does everyone thing they will look like if we do get them?

I like the classic version of GG so much because he manifests his insane 2nd personality to that Goblin mask & costume, which is factually fake, but he makes it convincing because the insane side of him is so strong.

Like I once said, given the events that have already happened in this universe it would be neat if Peter actually thought that Goblin was an actual mutation and investigated the matter from the wrong point of view and in the end he's shocked when he discovers that it was only a mask. Norman could then compare himself to Spider-Man and say how by wearing a mask sometimes we discover parts of us that we keep hidden

Chill guys, the villains is gonna be Electro, Rhino, Black cat (rumored), and Man in shadows/Green goblin(norman orsborn).

I didn't expect Rhino at all, but now I'm more excited to see that character, instead of Electro (mainly because I don't like Foxx).

I would definitely prefer a physically transformed goblin, at least for the sake of change. I think what would be cool and make a full-time deformed goblin work a lot better is if he is somehow disfigured into a goblin-esque human with the ^above type skin, but Norman in the meantime where's a mask of his old human face, ala jack nicholson's joker. I think that would be cool

Or WallCrawlers idea sounds cool too for the other direction

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"