What villains would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Upcoming Superman Solo Movie' started by harryoscop, Nov 10, 2014.

1. BH/HHH You Are My World

Yeah Morrison did that in Action Comics. I did think it slightly lessened Metallo as a villain mind but I think we might need them to go all in the next Superman anyway.

2. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Unfortunately, because of the original Superman movies, Superman Returns, Man of Steel and Batman v Superman, the general movie-going audience probably think Superman only has two villains: General Zod and Lex Luthor, and that Luthor is a bit of a buffoon. Superman seemingly has exhausted all his villains that he had to fight Batman.

Maybe the general audience are waiting for Nuclear Man to reappear next.

3. Silvermoth Krakoan native

Honestly I hate to say it but I don't think the general audience are waiting for a superman movie at all. That's why if they do another one they need a really great villain (Brainiac) and a reminder of what makes superman great in the first place

4. Osiris-Rex Head-Kick

I think with all the times Metallo has appeared on a Super TV series, Lois & Clark, Smallville, Supergirl, that general audiences are probably more eager to see Metallo.
    Nuclear Man was in only one poorly received movie and I doubt most people remember much about Nuclear Man.

5. STARMAN Rebel With A Cause

Brainiac is my first choice but he's not a must.

6. Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

Brainiac is a must for me, its well past time he got the big screen treatment.

7. STARMAN Rebel With A Cause

Brainiac is definitely my first choice but I'm flexible in regards to the villain if I get some other things I want to see.

8. Silvermoth Krakoan native

Yes I'm afraid this time as fans we will have to insist on Brainiac. If they don't have Brainiac as the villain then I'm calling the police again

9. STARMAN Rebel With A Cause

If we end up getting MOS 2 then I think we're getting Brainiac.

10. TheRedWraith Registered

Didn't he already. :o

#135 TheRedWraith, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  11. Peyton Westlake the Dark Avenger

He should have been cast as Lex Luthor.......DC dont make another grave error and miss casting him as Brainiac.

[​IMG]

12. BigSams50 Knight of Ren

If they use BLack Adam as the villain i will be disappointed to say the least. This is the perfect time for them to use Brainiac, using Adam will just result in a punch fest like MOS

13. Greenlite Registered

Metallo would make for a smaller, personal story

Brainiac would be another alien movie, but would be cool depending on how they differentiate it from other alien movies.

14. Dk1201 Registered

ANYONE but Luthor and Zod...

personally I like Brainiac

15. Silvermoth Krakoan native

I could see Luthor turning up again but not being the main villain

16. Willi Berg On The Run

It could be like in the comics and animation where Brainiac uses Lex as a host, taking over his body.

It would be another alien invasion movie after MOS and Justice League.

But it could be different from Man of Steel if it gave more focus on Superman helping people against Brainiac. Focusing on his heroics as he helps humanity in crisis. So it's not mostly a slugfest between Superman and Brainiac.

Also, Brainiac has a lot of different powers at his disposal, from the robot army and his Skull Ship, to his manipulation of technology and his control of machines, to his mind-control of people etc. There's a lot to work with there and he could affect the Earth and humanity in a lot of different ways.

Alien movies can differ from each other greatly. From straightforward invasion stuff like ID4 to more intriguing stuff like Invasion of the Body Snatchers or The Thing etc.

#141 Willi Berg, Sep 9, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  17. Greenlite Registered

And ET =P

Brainiac taking over Lex and becomes Joaquin Phoenix hnngh

Thanks for the education =)

18. Willi Berg On The Run

Yes ET a nice alien for once! (Oh wait...and Superman.)

Joaquin could play the Brainiac in Lex's stomach.

[​IMG]

Or if you want Lex to miraculously turn into Joaquin Phoenix? One word: Flashpoint. :cwink:

#143 Willi Berg, Sep 9, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  19. Silver Lantern comic nerd

I'm sick and tired to **** seeing lex and Zod over and over since the first movie. Can't the studio think of any other villain to use? So much recycled plots and villains are getting old. I for one would like to see Conduit as main villain and appearance of Braniac for next one after. The second villain to see would be a different DC villain to tie into multiverse. Have cameo by Eradicator and John Henry as Steel to add some new stories. Get with it, stop using same ****.

20. Willi Berg On The Run

Conduit could be interesting but I worry it could turn out like Jamie Foxx as Electro in Amazing Spider-Man 2.

I have been re-reading Brainiac in the New 52 Action Comics (Grant Morrison). Where he takes over Earth tech and creates an army of robots and also Metallo. It could be an interesting way to include Metallo, if they give him enough screen time. It connects a lot of other characters including General Sam Lane, John Henry Irons (Steel), John Corben (Metallo), Lex, Lois and Jimmy.

Also in it Clark cares about people's problems and goes out and fights crime and corruption as Superman as well as a reporter, fighting corrupt businessmen and politicians. It could be a good start and a good way to tie everything together.

21. Powerman34 Registered

This so much. I was pulling my hair out when Lex went to Eseinberg!! Joaquin would've brought so much more to the role!!! Oh what could've been!

22. Silver Lantern comic nerd

I would like to see villains never seen in a Superman movie because the have really used Zod and Luthor too damn much they are raw. There needs new and fresh stories so I would like to see:

1: Metallo
    The diseased infected thief named John Corbin asks many for help, using all his finances seeks help from Luthor Enterprises where they turn him into a cyborg to do what they want and control him but when he turns on them, Superman is the one that can stop him but avoid his Kryptonite heart.

2: Braniac
    The alien arrives to seek ultimate knowledge and knows of the Codex on Earth. He threatens to take Metropolis if it's not handed to him but Superman then discovers his plans and finds Kandor on his ship shrunken.

3: The Conduit
    A old friend Ken Braverman, a struggling writer and reporter can't get a job anywhere and has a lot of terrible luck. When he asks his friend Clark for help, he is soon arrested and blamed for a crime. He gets mad at Clark and Daily Planets Perry White for everything ruined. When he finds out he is Superman, he asks a inventor to design a suit to get his revenge against him and Daily Planet.

4: Mongul
    From War Planet, he finds out about Superman and his strength and brings him there to challenge. This is where he is put up against Kara, he finds out is his cousin and they find a way to escape and get back to Earth and he brings her. At end, she becomes Supergirl.

5: Bruno Manheim as side villain
    He is a criminal that is a major player in wanting power. He could replace Luthor as human no power villain.

23. Dasher10 I'm like Deadpool IRL

Conduit or Brainiac. They'd have the coolest looks in a film. Bizarro would be cool but we already got Lex creating Doomsday as a weapon. Bizarro would be too similar.

I really like Livewire and Metallo but neither of them have the personal connection to Superman that Brainiac and Conduit have.

24. Silvermoth Krakoan native

Granny goodness would be a good warmup villain til Brainiac gets there

Spidey17 likes this.
  25. BH/HHH You Are My World

I still think they should introduce Lobo via a Superman film and have Mongol be the main villain in that story.