what was wrong with the daredevil costume?

sidkumar

Civilian
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. I thought the Daredevil movie sucked as much as the next guy. But what I thought did work was how the costume was very faithful the comics and still looked great on screen (as opposed to batman's costume in the Dark knight which honestly looked really goofy in some close ups). However it seems that most people disagree. Why?

I dug the costume...it's just what filled it that I didn't like.
(Also, I personally liked the new suit in TDK! It was kinda like SWAT armor.)

I loved Daredevil's costume and I don't get why it gets so much flack. I also liked the movie. it isn't great, but it's far from the worse comic book movie.

I didn't mind the costume, but, it did seem alil restrictive for the type of action he did

I remember, in some interview, with the director, designer (or someone???) they said something to the effect of...
"going with the more leather biker gear, kinda look, cause, it would provide more protection..."
for some reason this quote kinda bothered me
the spandex suit(or whatever it was) seemed like it was based on maximum flexible (which daredevil heavily relies on)
I wouldn't think he would give that up for more protection

I didn't mind the costume, but, it did seem alil resistive, for the type of action he did

I remember, in some interview, with the director, designer (or someone???) they said something to the effect of...
"going with the more leather biker gear, kinda look, cause, it would provide more protection..."
for some reason this quote kinda bothered me
the spandex suit(or whatever it was) seemed like it was based on maximum flexible (which daredevil heavily relies on)
I wouldn't think he would give that up for more protection
Yeah, I gotta agree with you. If he can move a little quicker & unrestrained then he's more likely to not need as much protection because he's more apt to avoid contact! Leather wouldn't really provide that much protection anyways...unless he's concerned about "road rash"!

One more thing about the leather suit:
How can you possibly be stealthy in leather?
Besides, the sounds of his every movement would probably reek havoc on his super-senses!
I did think that it looked cool, though.

I loved Daredevil's costume and I don't get why it gets so much flack. I also liked the movie. it isn't great, but it's far from the worse comic book movie.

Agreed. It gets so much flack because all these fat, pimply faced virgins cant stand the fact that Afleck gets so much tail, and they cant even work up the courage to TALK to a real girl. :twisted:

I liked the costume... It seemd like a good point that the leather would prevent him from getting minor injuries while rolling, diving, swinging, climbing - buildings, on roof tops, in alleys... But now that the "restiction toward movement" point, and the "loss of stealth" point have been made on this thread... I am thinking hmmmm... it may have been a bad idea.

It seemed to look better than tights. For Spiderman, tights made sense because he concocted the character for a show, and needed a look... Then he stuck with it. But to the point in this thread, it provided maximum range of motion for him as well.

Now the padded leather uniforms in X-Men really sucked... What's worse, it looks like they set a bad trend, because GI Joe is going that route also...

I think the suit was alright, just alright. It should've been spandex like spidey with pads on elbows and kness or something like that.
And TDK suit just needs Bats' grey and black spandex over the top and it woulda been great.
I'm a DD fan that needs that big DD on the centre chest.

I've no doubt that they could give us a really faithfull D/D costume; hell - use the same technique that was employed to make the Spidey costume (the 1st spidey costume, mind you - for D/D, I'd prefer the rougher textured look rather than the screenprinted look employed on the later costumes in the sequels)

I dont have many issues with the previous leather costume (although I fully understand other people gripes about it) - I thought it was passable (the metal knuckle studs on the gloves being a particular highlight for me) but I disliked the mask being seperate from the rest of the costume.

TDK has shown that it's possible to have a mask that looks as though it's attached to the body of the costume and yet the actor is still able to turn his head. Hopefully, the designers would take that on board too.

You should post a pic of the costume in your first post. I thought it was ok but could have been better. Less S&M looking for starters;)

just my 2 cents as if anybody cared
I dug the costume i thought it was great! my only gripe with it was i wish the "DD" would have been bigger and in the middle. other than that i thought it was bad ass. If i can suspend belief that a blind guy can jump off buildings due a radar sense from exposure to radioactive isotopes.I can sure as hell suspend belief that leather is stealthy and maneuverable.Thats the least worry i got going on with that flick. Now that whole playground fight scene thats another story oh brother!

I liked the 'Daredevil' costume, it had a neat design, almost Batman inspired, mixed in with Deadpool and, of course, Daredevil from the comics themselves. The problem was that people were paying too much attention to the dual-D's on the right-side of the costume and not in the middle of his costume. And personally, I liked the movie, it doesn't rank in my Top 10 favourite comic-book adaptions but, it was an entertaining piece, I'd give it a "3 out of 5", I felt it was far better than 'Spider-Man 3' however which is still highly overrated for something that obviously could've done better.

I think the costume worked well for the movie. Bullseye's costume was ass, and Elektra's was pathetic, as was her performance, but DD's was cool. it would be hot as hell in the summer though.

BLACKVULCAN
Now that whole playground fight scene thats another story oh brother!

Shapeshifter
Bullseye's costume was ass

Boy... I am trying to figure out which statement is the most accurate. Both are VERY true...

just my 2 cents as if anybody cared
I dug the costume i thought it was great! my only gripe with it was i wish the "DD" would have been bigger and in the middle. other than that i thought it was bad ass. If i can suspend belief that a blind guy can jump off buildings due a radar sense from exposure to radioactive isotopes.I can sure as hell suspend belief that leather is stealthy and maneuverable.Thats the least worry i got going on with that flick. Now that whole playground fight scene thats another story oh brother!

That's mostly what I was gonna say. The costume worked for me. And I think the movie was fine. The director cut was better. The playground scene was silly though, but the rest of the movie made up for that.

That's mostly what I was gonna say. The costume worked for me. And I think the movie was fine. The director cut was better. The playground scene was silly though, but the rest of the movie made up for that.
yeah i liked the movie. I havent seen the director's cut yet.was it the greatest no!, but it damn well beat Spiderman 3.I wanted my money and the 2 hours of life back from that crap. sorry i have to go off on a tangent for a sec i still cant believe they use the "oh i just wanted to kill you forever but i got hit on the head and forget all that and we are friends" amnesia ploy.That's the stupidest plot device ever invented and they used it in that movie.... okay so back to Daredevil. hehe

And the "amnesia" plot was very much from the comics only they used it on Harry instead of Norman.

And the "amnesia" plot was very much from the comics only they used it on Harry instead of Norman.

The amnesia plotline was done with Harry in comics too, IIRC. Around the time Bart Hamilton was a Goblin.

Man! the "amensia" plot line has been around since the dawn of mankind, when he invented fire and stared at cave paintings in between watching "i love lucy" reruns. it was dumb then and its dumb now. you might forget what happened in the last hour but not a whole life time of wanting to kill Spiderman. It's dumb when it happens in comics and to have a major motion picture do it.. well i will take Ben Affleck over that anyday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"