what was wrong with the daredevil costume?

I liked the DD costume overall, as they realized the spandex/nomex/whatever wasn't going to translate well on screen, especially for a man that engages in hand-to-hand combat everynight.
I thought they should have done this, though; at all the major joints, there should have been a cloth area to allow for more realistic movement and flexibility. The elbow, armpit, midsection, hips, knees and ankles should have had a cloth underlayer that was connecting the parts of the leather. I am not saying that as much cloth should have been visible ala the TDK costume, but they could have included a scene where MM puts the costume on, does some stretching in it to get ready for the night's escapades, and you would see the cloth under the armpit when he stretched his shoulders, for example.

Minority here maybe but 100% right nonetheless. Spider-Man 3 may have been too ambitious but it's far more intelligent and fun then most sniveling fanboys give it credit.

Daredevil The Director's Cut is also a very underrated film. The costume worked very well.

Yes, the DD Directors Cut is a whole different movie. It's like night and day.

I really don't think the DD costume was bad at all. I think it worked really well within the context of the movie. The only nitpicky complaint I have is the quasi-bandana look it had in the back of it.

I really don't think the DD costume was bad at all. I think it worked really well within the context of the movie. The only nitpicky complaint I have is the quasi-bandana look it had in the back of it.

If you've seen the bonus material on the DVD, they almost went with a thing for the mask that basically was just a bandana. I'm glad they didn't go that way, and went with the semi-Zoro type thing the did.

Suit looked a little too S&M for my taste. It wasn't as bad as the X-Men costumes though.

The DD outfit is one of my favorite comic-to-screen adaptations.
It basically looked like one of those armored suits that bikers wear. Leather coats/pants with pads in them.
Seemed feasible to me because of that, plus the red they used and the way the leather reflected light... it just looked cool.

I hope they can keep it for the sequel.

The DD outfit is one of my favorite comic-to-screen adaptations.
It basically looked like one of those armored suits that bikers wear. Leather coats/pants with pads in them.
Seemed feasible to me because of that, plus the red they used and the way the leather reflected light... it just looked cool.

I hope they can keep it for the sequel.

I agree with you.
I thought they made the outfit almost perfect.(Imo, nothing is perfect, it can always be better).

Agreed.

When you compare the movie suit to the comic one, despite the obvious cosmetic differences; it's suprising faithful.

q3tqt.jpg

Of course, I'm convinced that with the clothing material technology and know-how of today, they could deliver something almost 99.9% close to the image on the left.

I thought the daredevil costume was sweet. It seems like something to provide someone who jumps off buildings and is in constant hand to hand combat some protection. It looks like daredevil to me. For me, it's believable to me that someone with the strength and flexibility of daredevil would not be severely restricted by leather. I enjoyed the director's cut, and I think it is worth seeing. It still could have been so much better. The love interest between elektra and matt was pretty craptacular. Other than that though, I thought the movie was great. I wish they would have made elektra an assassin.

I'm sure the comic costume could be brought to the screen. Daredevil has one of my favourite costumes of all time, it's simple and it works for the guy. The red leather really didn't do it for me.

Daredevil's a ninja when you boil it all down and leather made Affleck look very stiff.

Plus, leather is (for lack of a better word) a "noisy" fabric. When it rubs togeather it makes a distinct sound. If there is another film (fingers crossed) I wanna see my favourite comic costume up there on the big screen.

I liked the costume in the film, it seemd to fit with the type of activity that DareDevil engaged in...IMO one of the better "costumes" in a Comic book film

or this one when Daredevil showed up on "the Trial of the Incredible Hulk!"
154857__hulk7_l.jpg

HAHAHA!Man!That outfit aint even RED!!! it could've always been much much worse.:cwink:

Lol - I know what you mean - At least it had the awesome Rex Smith wearing it.

At least it had the awesome Rex Smith wearing it.
Haha. i will give you him as "Streethawk"( loved that freakin show!) as Daredevil not so much.... oh and solid gold, cause he got to be around all the hot babes.:cwink: hehe

I like the movie costume, even more so after seeing it live. And Marko Djurdjevic draws a Daredevil costume very close to the movie version in his covers.
daredevil95-final.jpg

or this one when Daredevil showed up on "the Trial of the Incredible Hulk!"
154857__hulk7_l.jpg

HAHAHA!Man!That outfit aint even RED!!! it could've always been much much worse.:cwink:

In the DD movie, originally, the suit was black.I think it is even black in the first DD scene at the bar, and it was color corrected in post production after they decided to go with the crimson costume.
I think.

ummm i don't think so i seen that movie quite a few times on television back in the day(acutally i have it on VHS i dare to say. So sue me i was a total fanboy when this stuff came on TV,you can see Stan lee as one of the jurors when banner hulks out) and it was always black.I am sure some wise guy said no ass kickin guy would be caught wearing red and changed it.Are you sure the color balance on you set was adjusted right:cwink: plus there was no "DD" on the chest, no horns, hell there weren't even any eyes!look what they did to my daredevil!!Thats not DD,that's the Shroud.

I mean if i was a bad guy i would have been like. Hey dude! are you blind or something? how can you see out that thing!!! hahahaha. that outfit was crap....
...but Jesse Mach was the coolest. I salute you Super Benietz as a fan of 80's super vechicles!

Last edited:
I just really hate the material. Leather never looks good for a costume, and the little split between the mask and suit always looked awkward to me. Maybe if they were able to play off the manueverability of the suit, I'd be convinced, but it's just really stiff. Other than that the costume is fine. Just wish the movie was better, I wasn't pissed so much at Ben Affleck, but at Jen Garner who felt nothing like Elektra, and the Soundtrack sucked, and it was cut a little too short. I've never seen the Director's cut, though, so I might feel better with that. Either way, I think a Marvel Studios revamp is needed, and hopefully cast well.

...but Jesse Mach was the coolest. I salute you Super Benietz as a fan of 80's super vechicles!

And I salute you right back, Buddy. :woot:

One of my dearest wishes when I was a kid was to see some sort of Knight-Rider/Street Hawk/Airwolf special.

The Knight Foundation sends Michael Knight to investigate stories of a strange, black-clad vigilante on a high-tech motorcycle. Somewhere along the line, Stringfellow Hawk and Airwolf gets in on the action.

But who's side is he on?

Hehe - Now that wouldve been sweet.

And I salute you right back, Buddy. :woot:

One of my dearest wishes when I was a kid was to see some sort of Knight-Rider/Street Hawk/Airwolf special.

The Knight Foundation sends Michael Knight to investigate stories of a strange, black-clad vigilante on a high-tech motorcycle. Somewhere along the line, Stringfellow Hawk and Airwolf gets in on the action.

But who's side is he on?

Hehe - Now that wouldve been sweet.
Hell Yeah! Man! great mind think alike i always wanted them to meet each other that would've been bad ass.hahah Stringfellow was the %$#@^, man i hated when Jan Michael left and was replaced with that other dude. I had to beat it home to make sure i caught all of Street-Hawk-Wolf:woot:
..... oh and Daredevil's Costume yadda yadda blah blah

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"