Comics What will the END of Spider-Man be?

Gregatron

Civilian
Reaction score
Well, since things are quickly rushing headlong towards the end of Spider-Man (If things keep going the way they are, the Marvel Universe version, at the very least, will be dead and gone within 10-20 years, tops.), how do you feel things will end?

Either devise an ending from the way things are now, or from the good old days. If this were the very last Spider-Man story ever, what would it be?

10-20 years? I think within that time someone else will take over th' book and things will return to semi-normalcy. Of course, more than likely, in 10-20 years could have th' fall of comics entirely.

In 10 years Ultimate Peter Parker will be finally graduating from high school :D

Gregatron said:
Well, since things are quickly rushing headlong towards the end of Spider-Man (If things keep going the way they are, the Marvel Universe version, at the very least, will be dead and gone within 10-20 years, tops.), how do you feel things will end?

Either devise an ending from the way things are now, or from the good old days. If this were the very last Spider-Man story ever, what would it be?

JMS for another run...

WOLVERINE25TH said:
10-20 years? I think within that time someone else will take over th' book and things will return to semi-normalcy. Of course, more than likely, in 10-20 years could have th' fall of comics entirely.

I expected a snarky comment that completely ignored the premise of the thread right off the bat.

And I knew there was a high chance that said comment would come from you.

Anyone else care to step to the plate? What would the last Spider-Man story ever be? How would things end?

I agree that the Spider-books are sliding into the deep end but I think the suits at Marvel will fire and rehire a brand new bullpen before Spider-man is done with...EIC included

Five posts that ignore the premise of the thread, and counting.

JMS wil write a story where Norman is revealed to be a Goblin god and that the Spider-god and Goblin god are destined to have a final earth shattering battle. In this time M.J falls for Doc Ocks magnitism and they fall in love and she leaves Peter. Peter then kills Doc Ock and in his rage turns into the full Spider-God. Then Norman, while in bed with Black Cat and Betty Brant, senses what has happen to Peter and transforms into the Goblin God. They meet at the bridge where Gwen died where Norman reveals the Gwen Stacy who died on the bridge was a actress and he and Gwen had moved to England together. The two men then destory each other and M.J. and Gwen Sad over the ordeal turn to J. J. Jamision and his magnteic personality.

look Spider-man isnt going anywhere...he isnt going to end. They will cancel the book and relauynch it with a number one...if things got that bad.

Doomed_hero said:
JMS wil write a story where Norman is revealed to be a Goblin god and that the Spider-god and Goblin god are destined to have a final earth shattering battle. In this time M.J falls for Doc Ocks magnitism and they fall in love and she leaves Peter. Peter then kills Doc Ock and in his rage turns into the full Spider-God. Then Norman, while in bed with Black Cat and Betty Brant, senses what has happen to Peter and transforms into the Goblin God. They meet at the bridge where Gwen died where Norman reveals the Gwen Stacy who died on the bridge was a actress and he and Gwen had moved to England together. The two men then destory each other and M.J. and Gwen Sad over the ordeal turn to J. J. Jamision and his magnteic personality.

Haha. Nice.

Seven, and counting.

Although, Doomed Hero's post may have been a genuine extrapolation of what the end will be if current events continue to shape the future. But that may have been sarcastic, too. Hmm.

Hey, stupid, it wasn't a snarky comment...that was all serious. Jackass.

What a stupid thread! Sorry...Does this comment ignore the premise of the thread?:spidey:

spidey's been around for 40+ years, i really don't see him going anywhere anytime soon, especially since marvel has 3 more Spidey films on deck after SM3.

Considering Wolverine and the X-Men have their End comic, its not a bad thread idea.

For some reason, I think out of all the heroes, Peter would have what would come closest to a happy ending. Maybe not in the most traditional senses but for Marvel, especially compared to the lives of other characters.

In the end I think he should have had a long career protecting New York, preferably solo. He has the respect out of pretty much the entire superhero community. I dont see there being one last battle to the death as his ending. Seems more fitting to have a fight that forces him to retire (I dont see him giving up willingly). If that doesn't work, then maybe by the time he's reached a certain age, there are enough heroes in New York for him to consider hanging up the tights.

Either way, he should live out his last years with his wife, hopefully having a family (whether its baby may or another kid). I'd say make things come around full circle. Peter in an act of responsibility, tries to stop a mugging/carjacking while out with his family and gets shot. The feel would be almost as if the story had come full circle as Peter's life trully began the night Uncle Ben was shot. A few people should be around when this happens too. It should be akin to the story of Kitty Genovese except this time, someone (Peter) cant stand by and let it happen. (Yes I know the actual story of what happened isnt exactly what the papers reported, but Im going by what the public remembers and how it impacted them)

This would give him a hero's death in both his public and private identities. The similiarities to the Kitty Genovese story would definitely cement it in history. Her death caused a lot of uproar about the callousness of society and such. This would provide some kind of glimmer of hope, proof the someone can care so selflessly (the irony being that Peter did this for years as Spiderman, and yet its as Peter Parker he's celebrated).

Im sure a lot of people will hate this idea, but there might be one or two of you that like it.

There's a buch of other threads like this from awhile ago with long, long narrative writings, each with a different but similar scenario offered from many of the users as to their ideal Spider-Man ending. Of course, they were more poignant when The End books were really selling (and no, X-Men: The End doesn't count; it's running longer than some ongoing series'), but still.

Cripes, Gregatron... complaining about Spider-Man's age in one thread not enough for you?

Citizen_Kaine said:
In 10 years Ultimate Peter Parker will be finally graduating from high school :D

In 10 years Peter in the regular universe will return to high school ;) :D

The end of Spider-man... I think that happened already... it was at the time where JMS plugged a Dr. Strange comic book on ASM 500... also to me the end of spider-man was when Norman inserted his Goblin in Gwen's... ahh! you know where... But... The first sign of doom was t3h t0t3m... not the marriage... Spider-man's cancellation? Two more years of JMS will make it a sure thing... then DareDevil will be Marvel's flagship character... And JQ will be jumping with glee...

Gregatron said:
Five posts that ignore the premise of the thread, and counting.

The real premise of your thread is to once again ***** about the fact that Spider-Man has grown up and is out of high school. It seems to be the only tune you know.

Spider-Man will be alive and well until Marvel folds, and probably after that in the hands of a new person/company.

Spiderman books aren't going anywhere. Spiderman titles do well, thats why there are a bajillion.

If it does get bad they might drop a few titles.

Fools upon fools.

IF THERE WERE EVER A "LAST" SPIDER-MAN STORY, WHAT WOULD IT BE? HOW WOULD THE SAGA IDEALLY END? WHO WOULD LIVE OR DIE? WOULD THE ENDING BE HAPPY OR TRAGIC???

Your arrogance and rage cloud your vision.

Gregatron said:

Some arc written by Stan Lee himself,that would be a true ending to Spider-Man in my guess.It should be done,considering all the insane things happening to him recently.

No, Greg, you just asked th' question th' WRONG way and made it seem like another one of yer "Spidey sucks 'cause he's outta high school!" comments.

Now, had ya worded it like ya just DID, then MAYBE you woulda got th' response you wanted. That said, dependin' on th' writer, it'll either be a contemporary sign-off tale that leaves it like a TV show where it COULD come back if desired, or a futuristic tale where we either have Mayday takin' over or the last rites of Spidey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"