What would you do with 600 million dollars?

MessiahDecoy123

Psychological Anarchist
Reaction score
I ask because the powerball lottery is up to 600 million.

So what would you do with the money?

I'd save it up, and spend here or there. Then when I'm on my death bed give it to my family. I don't think I'd go to crazy with it.

I'd buy a house boat. Then I'd buy a big mansion, and build a lake in the middle of it for the house boat.

Build a bionic man.

I would have a large house but I don't know about a mansion. Too many rooms I'd have to fill up with crap I didn't really want. I would travel everywhere I've ever wanted too. And sleep with a lot of women.

Who really needs $600 million to be happy? I'd give $590 mil to various charities. Give another $5 mil to my closest friends and family. And keep the last $5 mil for myself and use it to retire and pursue my dream of travelling to every reasonably safe and accessible country in the world (obviously skipping over places like Somalia and Iraq).

I can't prove I'd be that generous or charitable. But I'd like to think I'd be, especially with that much money. $600 mil is more money than I could spend in half a dozen lifetimes and I think I'd be happier giving a lot of it to people who need it rather than hoarding it like some live-action Scrooge McDuck.

Two chicks at the same time,

lawrence-office-space.jpg

You win the thread for that reference.

I think with the lump sum and taxes, you would probably get 200+ million, which is still an outrageous amount of money. My wife and I have already said that whatever we won in something like that, we would give half to church, charities, research, etc. We'd also do stuff like pay off the mortgage of a few family members. For us, we would pay off mortgage, student loans, credit cards, then who knows what we would actually do with what is left.

Who really needs $600 million to be happy? I'd give $590 mil to various charities. Give another $5 mil to my closest friends and family. And keep the last $5 mil for myself and use it to retire and pursue my dream of travelling to every reasonably safe and accessible country in the world (obviously skipping over places like Somalia and Iraq).

I can't prove I'd be that generous or charitable. But I'd like to think I'd be, especially with that much money. $600 mil is more money than I could spend in half a dozen lifetimes and I think I'd be happier giving a lot of it to people who need it rather than hoarding it like some live-action Scrooge McDuck.

I kind of feel the same way somewhat. It's like "I don't want to win $100 million, all I need is $1-5 million, ****, I'd take $500,000."

There's no reason on Earth someone should just be given $600 million.

With that kind of money you could live very comfortably off the interest alone.

Naturally I'd take care of my family. As to charity, I'd set up funds for various charities where they would collect the interest on the lump sum (say 10mil for example) rather than the actual full amount. That way the charity continually receives a weekly/monthly payout which, sooner or later, would amount to more than the original sum and beyond.

After that there would still be hundreds of millions dollars left over, which I doubt could be spent in ten life-times, unless you went completely mad. With that money I'd probably invest some of it, back some cool movies, that sort of thing. Naturally I'd buy myself a house with a lot of land, build a giant Lego city, get a nice car, travel with ease. Lots of fun to be had. ATV-Paintball. Whatever I could think of, really.

I'd probably buy a small island just because I could.

I won't buy a ticket to gamble, but if I do win by a ticket gifted to me or I found lost on the right time, I will accept the money without hesitation

If I did win I will enter med school and pay its fees, it's my main ambition to be a doctor, but I won't do surgery with my clumsy hands, too great a risk to take

Money needs to flow, I won't keep it stashed and help in causing more inflation, it's a huge responsibility, I don't need the burden of being evil and damaging economy, therefore hurting people

I will help some people to pay their due fees in late pays in college loans, as many as I can, I hate to see more people suffer for decades because of that, and that awful usury banks take, sooner they are payed make less interest = less legalized robbery by loaning companies (this is a free lesson, Islam forbids it for a great reason)

Then there are the fellow people I'm obliged to support, financial support at the very least is important

My puny little brain can't conceive how I could possibly spend $600 million. I could pay off all my debts, pay off my parents' and grandparents debts, buy myself a house, furnish said house, and still have over $598 million dollars left over.

I would still work so I wouldn't be bored. I'd get my own place. Get a second place on a lake. Get a nice boat. Nice fishing gear. Get a new car. A new Drumset. great recording equipment. I'd subscribe to way more comics.

Put the rest away, then save it up. Give it to family when I die.

I think with the lump sum and taxes, you would probably get 200+ million, which is still an outrageous amount of money. My wife and I have already said that whatever we won in something like that, we would give half to church, charities, research, etc. We'd also do stuff like pay off the mortgage of a few family members. For us, we would pay off mortgage, student loans, credit cards, then who knows what we would actually do with what is left.

The government takes 25% as I recall

I wouldn't give any money to churches, the charity I would give would be for the 3 girls that escaped from the house after being locked up for 10 years.
Pay off the medical bills, fix the house, pay all the bills and get a new car-nothing fancy, just a working car.

Also would make sure to use a blind trust or whatever it's call, I rather not have all my friends and family knew I was rich. Seen too many stores of others being hounded by friends, family and strangers after winning

Well you wouldn't get $600 million because the lump sum payment is less and the government would take half. You get the lottery winnings tax and that is also counted as income so you will pay income taxes and then of course any state taxes.

Marry my girlfriend before we claimed the prize. "Give" the money to her to see if we can exploit the Shawshank Redemption loophole. Either way, marriage is the first step.

My and my girlfriend's student loans, my sibling's loans, and my friends' loans in that order. Get my dad back on track after he and my mom divorced. Take care of my girlfriend's family. Probably funnel a considerable amount to my former coworkers who I was in a lottery pool with.

Then for me, I'd outright buy a studio space so I can make movies and she can do her photography.

Pfft, you worry about taxes too much
Big money will make you tax proof :o

Well you wouldn't get $600 million because the lump sum payment is less and the government would take half. You get the lottery winnings tax and that is also counted as income so you will pay income taxes and then of course any state taxes.

Debbie Downer bro.

I would buy a mansion and create that Hype Mansion thread idea in real life.

I would buy a mansion and create that Hype Mansion thread idea in real life.
I'd like to support this idea, but aiding poor college students in paying their debts is a bigger priority

I think most of us would agree that if our states permit it, we would choose to remain anonymous. Either way, I would change my phone number.

I would buy a house further north (I live in Florida) just because preferably, I'd leave this rat hole of a state but the one thing they got right is no state taxes. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"