What would you do?

X-Chick

Super.
Reaction score
If you were in a burning building, and had to choose between saving one sibling or five strangers, what would you do?

Edit: The strangers and your sibling are all unable to save themselves. If you have more than one sibling, it's the oldest.

GO and have a Mcdonalds

Joke - Sibling

Jump out the window and save myself.

Seriously, the 5 strangers

Whoever offers the most money

Yes 2 sisters. But its 1 life for 5.

too many options need to be accounted for...

all in all i wouldn't know what i would do until the time came but i would try and save as many people as possible without putting too much of my own life at risk.

If i do that, then i can't feel guilty about my decision and only sorry for the losses.

my conscience will then be able to rest easy.

I say sibling as I know my sister's good while the other 5 may be good / bad people

Very hard choice

I would have to say my sibling, but he's a baby, so its different for me.

Okay, if you were in the same situation, but it was one sibling or five children, would you make the same choice?

Its a hard choice, but in life our choices are what define us.

Grab a Snickers...

I'd take the sibling though. I mean why would I try to save 5 people when a)I don't know them and b)it's 5 people so I might be slowed down and there's a greater risk of losing everyone completely anyway, including myself.

Besides that, the emotional baggage of losing a sibling and being responsible for it beats that of 5 strangers any day...

X-Chick said:
You're just a selfish bastard. :mad:
i thought it was a common practice to say yourself in a fire and leave everyone to get out on their own.

isn't that what the brigade is for? to go in and rescue people and also put out the fire and secure the building?

i've yet to see a set of fire instructions that tells you to play a hero in an emergency.

:o

November Rain said:
i thought it was a common practice to say yourself in a fire and leave everyone to get out on their own.

isn't that what the brigade is for? to go in and rescue people and also put out the fire and secure the building?

i've yet to see a set of fire instructions that tells you to play a hero in an emergency.

:o

:rolleyes:

It was a joke, lighten up. And sure, if you have no conscience and no morals, by all means save yourself and leave everyone else to burn. I could never do that.

Depends on which sibling, and who the strangers are. I'd have to save my sister, but my brother is old enough to help me aid the strangers if need be. What if one of the strangers could help with the saving of the rest? Too many variables to ponder on to make a definitive decision.

it depends if there's a hot girl amongst the strangers

I could get over the idea of letting 5 strangers die. I doubt I could live with letting my sister live if I knew I could have saved her.

SuperFerret said:
Depends on which sibling, and who the strangers are. I'd have to save my sister, but my brother is old enough to help me aid the strangers if need be. What if one of the strangers could help with the saving of the rest? Too many variables to ponder on to make a definitive decision.

Yeah, I guess I didn't clarify enough. You and whoever you choose to save will be able to get out of the building safely. The strangers and siblings are unable to help each other for some unknown reason. Just work with me, its for a psych paper.

Questions like this always make me feel like a dirtbag no matter how I answer. But I think the safety of a sibling/loved one would be my highest priority in a situation like that.

My apologies to the five strangers.:( :ghost:

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"