What would your parents do...

zeptron

Superhero
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, how would your family – parents, siblings, grandparents and so on – react to any of the following revelations? If you like, you can also can also reverse these questions to ‘what would I do if my child told me....’

So:

1. What would your family do if you told them you were doing drugs?

2. If you told them you were going to marry some one of another race?

3. What would they do if you told them you were gay?

4. That you decided not to go to college, even though you have the grades and money to go?

5. That you were going to change your religion to one your family has never followed?

6. What would your family do if you said you had killed a person and needed help hiding from the police?

there;s no way anyone can answer that stuff. :csad::cmad::o

Throw me out.

Throw me out

Throw me out

4. That you decided not to go to college, even though you have the grades and money to go?

Throw me out

5. That you were going to change your religion to one your family has never followed?

Throw me out

6. What would your family do if you said you had killed a person and needed help hiding from the police?

Throw me out

zeptron said:
Just out of curiosity, how would your family – parents, siblings, grandparents and so on – react to any of the following revelations? If you like, you can also can also reverse these questions to ‘what would I do if my child told me....’

So:

1. Not much if it was pot, they'd freak about anything else.
2 Probably nothing.
3. That question is irrelevant, I'm not gay.:huh:
4. Not care
5. My mother and paternal grandmother would disown me.
6. Don't know

zeptron said:

So:

1. My parents would be sad and they would get me into counseling.
2. They'd be fine with it.
3. My mom would probably cry and my Dad would probably dis-own me. But I think they'd eventually get over it.
4. They'd be like "What the ****? Why would you piss away your gifts?"
5. My Mom wouldn't approve but my Dad would probably be ok with it.
6. My Dad is the police so...

kypade said:
there;s no way anyone can answer that stuff. :csad::cmad::o

Yes they can. I saw this on another forum and a lot of people answer the questions.

They took the door knob off my door when they thought I was doing drugs. They were right,but they had no proof. I was als boozing it up. :woot:

I've dated nothing but guys of another race,they don't care. Both my mom and dad's side are pretty open.

Again,I don't think they'd care.

They've have a fit,but I've always been the rebel/black sheep of the family so it would come to no surprise.

I dated a jew while in HS,there was no fuss. They'd think it was just a phase,my grandma might be a bit freaked.

They'd turn my ass in.

Darthphere said:

Throw me out.

Throw me out

Throw me out

Throw me out

Throw me out

Throw me out

Damn, dude. 1. I hope you'e kidding. 2. Don't do drugs.

Silly Kypade. :o

My Mom asked me, "OMG! Did you feel all of your organs too?!?
Well, anyway, Don't get sucked into that stuff, it can mess you up.
But...how WAS it?!? :eek:
My Dad chuckled.

They would ask what her name is and ask if there was a good day where we'd be free to come over.
My Mom would probably say, "OH, that's great. But :( I think you and Janet would've been such a good couple. :("

Seriously dude, Where do you live?...Kentucky ? :huh:

They'd reach into their pockets and exchange 20 dollar bills and Mom would say, "I KNEW it! I KNEW it!.....35 and unmarried? come ON!"
(Which is ironic, because the reason I'm not married yet is that I still can't settle on just one chick. :rolleyes: )

My Mom would tell me I'll regret it. My Dad would puff on his pipe and ask me to pass him the Kansas CD on the coffee table.

LOL, that's like, every single drunken phone conversation with my Mom for the last 15 years. Pffff

They'd say, "WTF did you do THAT?!? :cmad: and then my Mom would grunt and roll her eyes while she went to get some blankets out of storage so I could stay warm in the attic.

zeptron said:

1) try and get me help
2) wouldn't care
3) wouldn't care
4) when i didn't they were disappointed but understanding (though now i'm going 7/8 years later)
5) wouldn't care
6) turn me in

zeptron said:

So:

Try to get me help after a long lecture

Say congrats. My family is really tolerant

Oh boy :whatever:

Make me move out ASAP

Depends on how far from Catholicism. Either way, the worst reaction would probably be tons of questions why

Haha, no clue

Yell and send me to rehab

I probably will be, so they'd be like cool, you're finally marrying your boyfriend. No surprise there.

My dad would probably flip out. My mom.....not so sure if she'd care all that much.

Lecture me on why I should go and ask me why I didn't want to.

My dad- flip out and get angry
My mom- say "that's cool" and ask me about it, then show me her Eastern philosophy books

I have no clue. Call the cops?

Okay. Here's mine

1. They would try to get me help. My mom especially because she has two brothers and one sister and she's the only one out of the four of them who's never done drugs.

2. They wouldn't care. I have a cousin who married someone of another race.

3. My mom wouldn't care. My dad on the another hand....

4. They would be very disappointed.

5. They'd probably be very disappointed. Especially the people on my mom's side of the family who are religious, but as long as it didn't harm them they'd probably understand.

6. I know for a fact they'd turn my *** in.

zeptron said:

So:

I'd get reamed and probably take it up with my psychologist

They'd be fine with it.

They'd be a bit apprehensive at fist, perhaps breifly be ashamed, but get over it.

They would ream me unless I had a good alternative or reason not to go.

Well, this is something I'd probably never plan on doing (though I'm starting to want to become somewhat pan-spiritualistic in a sense but retain my Catholic roots). They'd be a bit taken aback by at first, but eventually they'll accept it. In the end, it'll probably depend on the religion. If it's Scientology, I'm gone.

Knowing me, I'd whimp out and confess before I ask for help

And there's my answers.

1. They already told me that I could do what I want, just that they wouldn't be there to help me out if I get thrown in prison or something.

2. Whatever. They ain't strict about it. If I love someone then that's that, they won't try to interfere.

3. Same as above.

4. My life, my choice.

5. Same as above.

6. Have no idea, lol.

So:

1. What would your family do if you told them you were doing drugs? I would get kicked out and maybe get my ass whooped.

2. If you told them you were going to marry some one of another race? Congrats, you finally found a woman. :o Now move out son.

3. What would they do if you told them you were gay? Most likely get kicked out.

4. That you decided not to go to college, even though you have the grades and money to go? Dumb, Dumb. Lets say this actually happened and I still wanted to be a screenwriter. Well, I'm afraid a backup plan would slowly drive me out of the screenwriting world for a living dream. Soo...

5. That you were going to change your religion to one your family has never followed? We are christains...but not really active. I pray...but..yeah.

6. What would your family do if you said you had killed a person and needed help hiding from the police? I would get turned in and beaten. ...Then I would hulk up causing chaos and destruction. That's a semi-serious reply.

zeptron said:

Ignore it until it becomes un-ignorable. Then forced rehab after an encounter or two with the cops. (This is going on right now, tho I ain't the one causing the stink).

No problems with anyone unless I was gonna marry a black chick. This would piss off my grandfather (who was otherwise a REALLY nice guy, RIP), but even then he'd try to rationalize it by saying I was actually marrying an Indian Princess.

At worst, disowned and never spoken to again. More likely, sporadic contact with my mom for the rest of my life, as she'd still wanna check in on me.

Yeah, that's the one that would't EVER go over well.

Nothing. Got a slot in the family business as expected. I could still be the first college grad in my family, but it's unlikely since I dunno wtf I should do.

My mom would be highly pissed if I went Catholic. We're Baptist history-wise....and for some reason my mom buys into the "Catholics are teh Illuminati!" thing.

Total and complete support, including hiding/burying the body and influencing/threatening witnessess. I have no doubt about this.

My parents always threw me in the cellar when I acted up.

The_Raven said:
They were un-prepared for someone so jolly as you.

There discipline techniques have shaped me to the way I am.:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"