Season 6 speculation

Just read Al Gough interview at Tv Guide and this is how I see it:

-Rise of Lex Luthor: well, probalby this season will be more focused on Lex like it happened in Season 3, sound promising.

- Martha being corrupted?? The only way I see this coming is if Marha is blackmailed by someone because of Clark: they gave us a glimpse in season 5 but i think they want to explore it more. Maybe it lead Martha do take measures less than "goodie". Remember that something similiar happened with jonathan back in season 1 finale when he went after the reporter. Probably this situation will also affect Lois. Lois is Martha's chieff of staff and Martha "strange" behavior will lead Lois drop the world of politics and actually leading her to expose the dirty stuff of politics....Chloe, journalism perhaps???

- Clark, effects of the phantom zone? Honestly don't know: maybe i will make more resolute... i don't know, just speculate, right? But oddly enough, that's the only thing mentioned about Clark: no Superman in training like season 5 premise and that training isn't not over. Perhaps they are saving it to season 7??? Smallville will be the flagship of CW and perhaps it's already renewed for two more seasons?? Why would it be a flagship for only season??

- Chloe and a boyfriend? Like someone said before, it's like Jason and LAna in season 4: no one cares....

Above all, Lex is going to be season 6 big star...MR must be thrilled.:up:

Here's what I would like to see...

The Legion of Superheroes
Lori Lemaris
Bizarro

I can't believe I just read all 11 pages. I've missed this board. Been so long since I have come by. Anyway...

1. I don't want to see Clark escape from the PZ until atleast the second episode. Putting him in there would be pointless if he is out the very next show.

2. I know it will not happen but I want to see Zod/Lex toss Lana off that building they were standing on. As I said, I know it will not happen.

3. Lex at some point needs to kill his father.

4. I want to see a knock down brawl between Clark and Zod/Lex once he does get back. I mean, I want to see Clark hit him so hard near by objects are displaced, windows blown out/in. None of that I toss you, you toss me fight over.

5. I want to see Lois leave for good. Maybe have Lionel give her a free ride to the school of her choise. After all, it was his plane that got hi-jacked and flown to the north pole or where ever Fine is taking them. Don't get me wrong, I love Lois but she needs to be on a different path right now.

6. I kinda wanna see Bart come back.

7. I DO NOT want to see Jor-el in the flesh. Unless he is in the form of Pa Kent... :D

8. I want to see Martha step down from her seat. Maybe a little dirty press about her and Lionel will push the issue.

9. If I can't have a dead Lana, can I have one in a coma for a few months?

10. I believe this is the most important thing. NO MORE K-FREAKS! 95% of the time those shows end up as filler and have nothing to do with the direction of the season. The K-Freaks are the life vest for the writers who think that boat full of holes will float. Not once did they ever touch on what in the hell Lex was up to when he took Mxyzptlk to that mystery floor. Who else is there. Are they all K-Freaks? I know season four wasn't all that great but there was still some good stuff there. Good stuff they could and should pick up on.

11. I was going to stop there but one last thing. Lex needs to close down his Smallville home. He is tying his self down, he needs move to the big city full time. Hell, I would be happy if after the whole Zex thing is taken care of him and Clark do not see each other again for the rest of the season. I would rather see them working against each other yet never directly together.

RKromwell said:

9. If I can't have a dead Lana, can I have one in a coma for a few months?

3 - He will. He will eventually see for himself how Lionel is treating Clark like he never treated Lex that will be the one thing to drive Lex to kill Lionel & another thing to add to the fuel of the Clark & Lex break up

9 - Hey it could happen. Lana can walk in on Lex & Clark Super Fighting & Lana tries to stop Clark from hitting Lex but Clark not knowing Lana was there hits Lana instead & Lana ends up in a coma

RKromwell said:

I think that's going to be one of the things that he will have to do, in order for him to build his Empire LexCorp in Metropolis . And to move forward towards his ultimate DESTINY .

Kaboom said:
we dont have superboy yet either

There wil never be a Superboy in Smallville.

A young Clark Kent encountering Bizarro would be cool.

Besides he was never supposed to encounter Flash,Aquaman,Perry, or Lois till he was an adult.

Pksoze said:
There wil never be a Superboy in Smallville

Thats up for the Court & Law Suit to decide. When he does put on the Suit they will eventually decide wether hes Superman or Superboy. Not the WB

I think it would be cool if they brought in Hackman to do a camero to confront Lex.

Pksoze said:
There wil never be a Superboy in Smallville.

A young Clark Kent encountering Bizarro would be cool.

Besides he was never supposed to encounter Flash,Aquaman,Perry, or Lois till he was an adult.

no kidding, there will never be a superboy in smallville, youre the one who said bizarro was introduced in superboy.

and i happen to believe that if bizarro was introduced on smallville, it would be to "jump the shark." so to speak. there are much cooler guest appearances that can be had other than bizarro. martian manhunter, ollie queen, etc.

and remeber the flash clark met was bart allen (a time traveller).
i agree with you that aquaman and lois shouldnt have apeared.
The way they did Perry though i think is entirely conceivable, since it explains why perry would be so willing to give an untrained reporter a shot at the Daily Planet.

Kaboom said:
no kidding, there will never be a superboy in smallville, youre the one who said bizarro was introduced in superboy.

and i happen to believe that if bizarro was introduced on smallville, it would be to "jump the shark." so to speak. there are much cooler guest appearances that can be had other than bizarro. martian manhunter, ollie queen, etc.

The way they did Perry though i think is entirely conceivable, since it explains why perry would be so willing to give an untrained reporter a shot at the Daily Planet.

yea i liked the perry timeline.

boyscouT said:
yea i liked the perry timeline.

it was one of my fav episodes of that season, 2 i think...maybe 3.

Kaboom said:

What I mean if he wears the suit he will probably not be called Superboy.

The comic Superboy was a young Clark Kent. It was called the adventures of Superman when he was a boy.

This show is about a young Clark Kent....

Part of the history of Superman's adventures as boy was meeting Bizarro, Lori Lemaris, and the Legion of Superheroes.

And Bizarro is not as lame as he's made out to be. If you ever read Alex Ross's Justice he's very creepy.

Or if you read his origin in Superboy it was a very tragic character.

And you can have those guest shots plus Bizarro who is actually a part of Superman history.

Kaboom said:
and i happen to believe that if bizarro was introduced on smallville, it would be to "jump the shark." so to speak.
WAIT! Not so fast.
lightbulb.gif

Remember, this is SV. Guest characters can be very different from their DC-verse counterparts. Some fans find that distressing - Mxy, anybody? - but I personally don't have a problem with their tinkering as long as it works in the episode and advances the story in some way. Every episode does it despite what the "filler" police would have people believe.

Season six is supposedly about the rise of Lex Luthor. It's already been established that LuthorCorp has been illegally experimenting with cloning. The plot idea was extrapolated on in episodes like Accelerate and Forsaken. At some point during S6, there could be a situation where Lex (or Lexod - depending on how long that "possession" lasts) manages to get what he needs from Clark (blood, tissue sample - whatever) in order to replicate Clark's DNA. Maybe it's post Zod's possession, and Lex still knows that Clark is actually Kryptonian. Who knows? But anyway, something goes afoul, as it usually does with LuthorCorp experiments, and Lex ends up with a Clark whose not quite himself. In fact, he's wicked "bizarre." Clark2 breaks out of the lab (SV SFX crew has a field day with that scene) and nobody can stop him. (DUH!) Lex now has a BIG problem on his hands - and knows it!

Imagine the fun the writers would have with an episode like this, not to mention Welling, who would get to play yet another version of Clark on weird. Episodes like these are often the most entertaining to watch because they're creative, and they give the actors something different to do than what they and the audience are used to seeing.

The writers would probably even have Chloe name Clark2, much to the delight of K-Site readers...

[Off Clark's shocked expression.]
CHLOE: "Clark, I swear it was you! But you were acting really... bizarro."

And of course, the episode would be titled, "Bizarre."

LOL! C'mon, who wouldn't want to see ^THAT^ episode? :D

^^^^^^^^
if his face is painted white, and he wears a "bizarro #1" necklace, consider the shark jumped.

otherwise, you're idea sounds plausible.

AgentPat said:
WAIT! Not so fast.
lightbulb.gif

Remember, this is SV. Guest characters can be very different from their DC-verse counterparts. Some fans find that distressing - Mxy, anybody? - but I personally don't have a problem with their tinkering as long as it works in the episode and advances the story in some way. Every episode does it despite what the "filler" police would have people believe.

Season six is supposedly about the rise of Lex Luthor. It's already been established that LuthorCorp has been illegally experimenting with cloning. The plot idea was extrapolated on in episodes like Accelerate and Forsaken. At some point during S6, there could be a situation where Lex (or Lexod - depending on how long that "possession" lasts) manages to get what he needs from Clark (blood, tissue sample - whatever) in order to replicate Clark's DNA. Maybe it's post Zod's possession, and Lex still knows that Clark is actually Kryptonian. Who knows? But anyway, something goes afoul, as it usually does with LuthorCorp experiments, and Lex ends up with a Clark whose not quite himself. In fact, he's wicked "bizarre." Clark2 breaks out of the lab (SV SFX crew has a field day with that scene) and nobody can stop him. (DUH!) Lex now has a BIG problem on his hands - and knows it!

Imagine the fun the writers would have with an episode like this, not to mention Welling, who would get to play yet another version of Clark on weird. Episodes like these are often the most entertaining to watch because they're creative, and they give the actors something different to do than what they and the audience are used to seeing.

The writers would probably even have Chloe name Clark2, much to the delight of K-Site readers...

Amen Pat.:up: It sounds like something they would do.

Plus...I liked "Jinx".:(

AgentPat said:
WAIT! Not so fast.
lightbulb.gif

Me, I don't want to see "Bizarro" until Clark is SUPERMAN. they already ruined Mxy . I don't want the tptb bringing bizarro . :supes:

These ideas are a mix of what I think will happen and what I want to see:

-Lex isn't dead. Clark and Lana will reawaken a part of him to help them fight off Zod's influence. And Lex will pretty much forget everything about Clark and Zod's knowledge of Jor-El, etc.

-I also would like Clark to be in the PZ for at least two episodes. There aren't going to go this route, but I had hoped that Clark would find Jor-El in the PZ. It would be revealed that the dude he thought was Jor-El was actually Zod all along. Zod perhaps overrode the programming/AI system in Clark's vessel before it left Krypton, but a sliver of Jor-El's essence-AI remained. It is this part that took over Lionel in an attempt to communicate with him and turn him into a protector of his son.

-And they might have to fight against Nam-Ek, Aethyr, Jax-Ur, Ursa, Non or other Kryptonian criminals. Jor-El sacrifices himself to help Clark escape from the PZ.

-When Clark escapes, he learns that time has really progressed faster on Earth than in the PZ. Zod has wreaked havoc. He literally controls the world.

-Clark forms a proto-Justice League with Arthur, Bart, Victor, Lady of Vengeance chick and they try to take him out. But they are only successful when Clark finds a way to get through to Lana who is either staying with Lex/Zod out of fear, or perhaps some type of mind control. Clark also has the help of Lionel, who was possessed by Jor-El.

-This mini-arc could run about 6 episodes.

DarKush said:
These ideas are a mix of what I think will happen and what I want to see:

-Lex isn't dead. Clark and Lana will reawaken a part of him to help them fight off Zod's influence. And Lex will pretty much forget everything about Clark and Zod's knowledge of Jor-El, etc.

-I also would like Clark to be in the PZ for at least two episodes. There aren't going to go this route, but I had hoped that Clark would find Jor-El in the PZ. It would be revealed that the dude he thought was Jor-El was actually Zod all along. Zod perhaps overrode the programming/AI system in Clark's vessel before it left Krypton, but a sliver of Jor-El's essence-AI remained. It is this part that took over Lionel in an attempt to communicate with him and turn him into a protector of his son.

-And they might have to fight against Nam-Ek, Aethyr, Jax-Ur, Ursa, Non or other Kryptonian criminals. Jor-El sacrifices himself to help Clark escape from the PZ.

-When Clark escapes, he learns that time has really progressed faster on Earth than in the PZ. Zod has wreaked havoc. He literally controls the world.

-Clark forms a proto-Justice League with Arthur, Bart, Victor, Lady of Vengeance chick and they try to take him out. But they are only successful when Clark finds a way to get through to Lana who is either staying with Lex/Zod out of fear, or perhaps some type of mind control. Clark also has the help of Lionel, who was possessed by Jor-El.

-This mini-arc could run about 6 episodes.

Those are some pretty interesting scenarios, DarKush. I doubt they'd ever push the timeline too far beyond real-time though, that can get potentially expensive. Highlander actually tried that once, for the 6th season, they filmed a scene that supposedly took place far in the future, but it was canned because of the financial limitations of a weekly show keeping up the pretense of being futuristic.

I'm not sure about the Jor-El thing either. I know he's come off as a pain in the ass to SV viewers, but I don't know that I'd write him off as not really being Jor-El because of that. I tend to think he's just a very tough dad with a huge responsibility he needs to pass on to his son - very little wiggle room for touchy-feely stuff. Although.. he *did* give Clark the means to bring Lana back, but even that turned out to be an important "life lesson" for Clark.

i dontthink zod "Can literally control the world" as of yet. clark woukd be unable to put things back together by himself. unless conveniently there is a handy kryptonian time crystal around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"