What's happening with Noh-Varr?

Human Spidey

Civilian
Reaction score
I know Noh-Varr only had a small 6 issue miniseries, but whats happening with him?

On Wikipedia (I know it's not 100% reliable) it says that Noh-Varr will play an important event in the Marvel Universe in 2006, so whats happening?

Is it Civil War, or doesn't anybody know?

for those wondering who Noh VArr is, he was the Grant Morrison Marvel Boy from a few years back

They did give him a big two page spread about who he is in Wizard for seemingly no reason.

I think we can all remember who Marvel Boy IV is, Eli.
He'll probably be involved in the Anihilation thing. Since that's got to do with Ronan and Super-Skrull, and Quasar, and all this Kree stuff...

I didn't, rigel, I had to look it up. I though at least a few others might have been in the same boat as me wondering who he was

I figured they'd just forgotten about him, like they've done with almost everything else Morrison contributed to the Marvel universe.

here's an interesting little tidbit. a little while back wizard did this review of every ultimate marvel series and story. in the miniseries section the first reviewed story was morrison's marvel boy series. according to the boys at marvel, even though it is technically a 616 book, they consider it the first ultimate story ever.

That's odd, considering Supernaturals would've been a better option by predating it by a couple years.

Yeah, Morrisons Marvel Boy was supposed to be the first Ultimate story. He was going to, essentially, be the Stan Lee of the Ult world, but then DC made him exclusive.

Ultimate Marvel started up well in advance of Morisson's DC-exclusiveness.

And what's wrong with you guys? I thought Marvel fans were supposed to hate Grant Morisson with a passion that only exceeds their hatred for Chuck Austen!

Or is that just Rabid X-Fans?

You mean stupid X-Fans?

I've been a long time fan of the X-Men and I find Morrisons work to be the best thing that has happend to the X franchise in a long time.

Too bad Marvel pretty much obliterated any semblance of what he did.

I doubt they will even mention Weapon Plus again.

I haven't liked X-Men since they donned th' leather suits. Actually, Austen did a lotta things I liked so that was a brief respite from th' crap...which promptly returned once they changed crews again.

You are a crazy man.

I got back into X-Men because of Morrison, and got right back out again because of Chuck Austen.

Can we say "Depowered Juggernaut" or "Angel with healing blood"

I liked some of what Austen did. I didn't like at all what Morrison did......But I like what Tieri did with Morrison's slop.

That said I loved the Marvel Boy mini.

I think we can all remember who Marvel Boy IV is, Eli.
He'll probably be involved in the Anihilation thing. Since that's got to do with Ronan and Super-Skrull, and Quasar, and all this Kree stuff

Good thinking. He might be in Annihalition. But does anybody know for definite?

I like Juggie as a hero. But I hate ALL secondary mutation crap. That was THE dumbest idea...EVER.

Maybe Noh-Varr is somewhat related to Hulkling or he is part of Annihilation.

Cyclops said:
Ultimate Marvel started up well in advance of Morisson's DC-exclusiveness.

And what's wrong with you guys? I thought Marvel fans were supposed to hate Grant Morisson with a passion that only exceeds their hatred for Chuck Austen!

Or is that just Rabid X-Fans?
Just Rabid X-Fans. I love Gran Morrison for finally doing something worth reading in the X-men universe. He actually made that school.... you know, a school. He addressed mutant underground and not just mutants who can pass for people. Frankly I have no idea why X-fans hate his work so much. God forbid someone change something about that incredibly stale world.

Dunno. Were some good points, but got soured with th' whole E for Extinction arc. Then it got progressively worse from there.

Probably because most X-Fans don't have the attention span to keep track of a story that lasted for over three years.

The Xavier Institute actually became a school for mutants, not just an X-Men training facility.

The U-Men. Ordinary people who want to become mutants so they kill muties and graft their body parts onto themselves.

The mutant drug, Kick.

The destruction of Genosha by the Sentinel Man-O-War.

Cassandra Nova, the yang to Xaviers yin.

The international X-Corporation, because mutants aren't just in the United States.

Weapon X is actually Weapon Ten. The X is a roman numeral. Such genius in simplicity.

The return of Jeans Phoenix powers.

Emma trying to seduce Scott Summers telepathically.

Magneto becoming a celebrity upon his supposed death.

A look at mutant culture. Since there are so many mutants in the world, you would think that they would develop their own fashions, art and music.

So what exactly was so bad about Morrisons run on New X-Men? And what was so great about Chuck Austen? Stacy X? Angel humping Husk who is way too young for him? Some convoluted stuff about Nightcrawler actually being part demon? Havok getting it on with some nurse while Polaris goes crazy?

I think it was Mostly the art. Quietly's art sucks.

Smasher asking the cows for help was priceless. But a lot of it did suck,

His art does not suck. It's just not to your taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"