What's the Last Book You Read/Finished? - Part 1 Page 1 Chapter 1 Paragraph 1 Line 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
"11/22/63" by Stephen King. Went in expecting a cool little sci-fi epic. Got the best thing King's written since "Wizard and Glass".

Finished reading "The Dark-eyes war" by David B. Coe.

Next up is "Summer knight" by Jim Butcher.

"11/22/63" by Stephen King. Went in expecting a cool little sci-fi epic. Got the best thing King's written since "Wizard and Glass".
Last book I finished was Under the Dome, which I absolutely loved. The pace, characters, plot, theme, everything was perfect.

Have you read it? I'm curious how it compares to King's other new work like 11/22/63, which I'm keen to read.

i finished Shatter Me late last night/early this morning, for the second time. forced myself to read 2 more chapters of 50 shades freed and a few chapters of Assassins today at work.

i really need to stop starting new books until i finish the old ones

Tried toreador the hunger games, it wasn't interesting to me at all.

Last book I finished was Under the Dome, which I absolutely loved. The pace, characters, plot, theme, everything was perfect.

Have you read it? I'm curious how it compares to King's other new work like 11/22/63, which I'm keen to read.

I have read it. The pace of "11/22/63" isn't always as brisk, but it's also about two hundred pages shorter. Smaller cast, as well, but the characters are a lot better. I really enjoyed "Under the Dome", but "11/22/63" is stronger without a doubt.

started reading scar tissue again, great detail into the life of Anthony Kiedis.

Finished reading "Summer Knight" by Jim Butcher, good book and I'm definitely looking forward to reading the next book in the series.

But before that I´m reading "Hull Zero three" by Greg Bear.

I just finished 'John Dies in the End.' It was one of the best books I've read in a really long time!! I haven't stayed up all night to finish a novel in years....I just started the sequel yesterday. Hopefully I can finish it before I have to go back to work or else it'll be another long night for me, haha!

finally finished Assassins. wanna start a new book, but i should finish one of the other 3 i'm still in the middle of.

on a side note, this was my 50th book i finished this year, so i achieved my year long goal 2.5 months early :)

Read kingdom come for the first time in years, such a great book.

Finished reading "Hull Zero Three" yesterday, pretty good book though I wouldn't have minded if it had been a bit longer.

Next up is "The Black Prism" by Brent Weeks. I loved his "Night Angel" trilogy so hopefully this book will live up to that quality standard.

Finished my first stephen king book: The Shining.

Starting 'Salem's Lot.

I am a great fan of nobel.i read Himufew days ago.it is my last reading a book.

I'm starting to read to kill a mockingbird for the first time since high school

8880425.jpg

^^Just finished this, having read part one...Asleep...right before.

Well, I read a book published in 1953 about the life of Ziegfield Follies Comedienne Fanny Brice called Fabulous Fanny. The movies Funny Girl and Funny Lady are loosely based on her life.

The Executioner Featuring Mack Bolan # 191 - Extreme Force. http://www.mackbolan.com/display.php3?num=207

Another novel from my favorite ongoing series of novels. This time Mack is on the trail of a weapons supplier named The Vulture who will underwrite weapons supplies to anyone with a beef with the USA.

This one starts with a group of Arab terrorists attacking congress while in session after having secured themselves work as janitors on Capitol Hill for the past 21 months. There's heavy carnage and the gunners escape by ditching the masks and come running out in the hysteria they created.

The Excecutioner enters the book in the second chapter as he raids their safe house on a farm in Virginia. He kills a bunch of them in a gunfight but the house blows up (they set a bomb) with Bolan just escaping. This leads to them raiding another farmhouse killing a family, stealing their car and eventually taking a full diner of people hostage.

After that is dealt with Bolan assumes the identity of one of the terrorists and follows the trail to Brazil. Next it's gang wars, mass shootings, etc in Brazil till it's upriver into the Amazon to The Vulture's secret base of operations. We get about half a book of Rambo style jungle action and brutality and a villain base the likes of which belongs in a Bond movie. We have an army of well armed mercenaries and native Indians all chasing Bolan through the jungle.

I'm actually pretty happy with this one.

started yesterday and finished tonight Kill Me Slowly

Just finished reading "The Black Prism" by Brent Weeks, great book and I can't wait to read the next one in the series. I even thought it was better than his Night Angel series and that's saying quite a bit as I really liked that series.

Next up is Arthur C. Clarke's "The City and the Stars". I have no idea what its about, just bought it because it was in the S.F. Masterworks collection so hopefully it will be as good as his other book from that collection "Childhoods end".

All the Wrong Questions, Book One: Who Could That Be at This Hour? by Lemony Snicket

Shiver ~ Maggie Stiefvater

2/3rds thru 50 shades freed now
cant wait for it to be over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member