• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What's The Last Movie You Watched? VIII - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
on blu ray:
Ghostbuters 1
the incdabible hulk
dare devil
spider-man 3

mOVIES ON DVD:
TURTLES FOREVER
THE TOY
TITIAN AE
HANCCK
Suburban Commando
ZOOM
SPIDER-MAN 1
SPIDER- MAN 2
big mamms house 1
big mmmas house 2
eARNST GOES TO JAIL

Unstoppable:up:
Life As We Know It (meh)
The Tourist (worthwhile rental, nothing to write home about)
Love And Other Drugs (AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

PosterForumVI.jpg

600fullsupermanposter.jpg

Superman (1978)

This might be a shocker but this was my first time seeing the first Superman movie (and on blu ray). I watched this hours before the recent news of Zod, so that was a bit odd lol. Anyways this was a frickin masterpiece from begining to...well, it had a great first half lol I enjoyed Reeves amazing performance as Clark and Superman.
9/10

hobowithashotgunposter6.jpg

Hobo with a Shotgun

It's one of the better recent exploitation films, the score was amazing and Rutger Hauer gave a powerful performance. Somehow I was expecting more out of these types of films but the more I think about it the more I appreciative the style they wanted for the film.
7/10

Full Metal Jacket - 9/10

I'm surprised more people don't treat this as a comedy.

Yeah, I liked it quite a lot actually. I was hoping it'd be good, but was surprised at how much I actually ended up enjoying it. I'm still trying to process the ending, not sure how I feel about that. Besides that, might even be my favorite of the year thus far.

frontiers.jpg

7/10

Would be rated higher if not for the terrible shakycam camera work and some obvious digital gore, but otherwise a solid, jarring and ultra-violent Horror film that's quite a disturbing journey.

Yeah, I liked it quite a lot actually. I was hoping it'd be good, but was surprised at how much I actually ended up enjoying it. I'm still trying to process the ending, not sure how I feel about that. Besides that, might even be my favorite of the year thus far.

Agreed. I think I enjoyed the ending more than you; just the [BLACKOUT]mirrored beginning, Hanna completing her mission[/BLACKOUT] was enough for me, but yeah, definitely a bit weird. There's not much in terms of character -- most of its just fairy tale parallels -- and it doesn't really feel like a movie outside of basic plotline, but I think Wright's style helps those problems, even if his it's just showoff spectacle over anything else. Regardless, really entertaining; the Chemical Brothers' score was great, especially in the [BLACKOUT]subway tunnel sequence with Bana and the agents and Hanna's escape from the underground base.[/BLACKOUT]

Royal Tenenbaums - 9.5/10

I'd say that Fantastic Mr. Fox is Wes Anderson's best and this is my favorite, probably because the Tenenbaums feel so much like my dad's family. But it's not like each character isn't detailed and interesting. I can understand why a fair amount of people don't like Anderson's style, but I personally find genuine meaning in his melancholic comedy, not just quips that think they're smarter than they actually are. The omniscient narrator, picture book staging, arrested development of the Tenenbaum children, rock soundtrack, abundance of nuances and suggestions in each shot -- I love all of it. Also, pretty funny that Anderson's films, ones that are so obviously stylistically heightened, do a much better job at capturing genuine humanity and emotion than so many other movies that try so hard to delineate the ordinariness of "real life".

Last edited:
Hedwig and the Angry Inch.

It's a good movie if you like transexuals and Gnosticism.

Kingdomofthecrystalskull.jpg

8/10. Not as good as the previous three films, but still very entertaining.

Big Trouble in Little Chinatown on Blu Ray

quarantine-movie-poster.jpg

8/10

Never seen [REC], which this movie is a remake of, but I definitely plan to see it after this. I enjoyed this film a lot, very intense and engaging, and legitimately frightening in parts, especially during the climax.

HANNA

I had the pleasure of watching 2 scenes from Hanna at Comic Con in 2010 and i knew then that Director Joe Wright and writers David Farr and Seth Lochhead had made something quite special.
16-year-old Hanna Heller (Saoirse Ronan) raised in the remote woods of Finland by her ex C.I.A agent father Erik Heller (Eric Bana) longs to see 'the real world" .But such longing comes at a price since Hanna has special talents,and her father went off the grid,with Hanna without "permission".
So once aware of their location both will be hunted,by a shadowy part of the C.I.A
and a cold as ice,well heeled agent named Marissa Wiegler (Cate Blanchett).
Hanna works on so many levels,an Indie drama,action adventure,and a fish out of water tale,as Hanna experiences,electricity,T.V,first kisses,and friendship for the first time.
Ronan portrays her so well she's a joy to watch and she's another young actress with a long career ahead of her.
Bana is great as her father he's tough but Bana perfectly displays his concerns for Hanna.Blanchett is just perfect her drawl and stare are perfectly intimidating.
Tom Hollander is also great as the creepy casual wear loving merc, Isaacs
hired to capture Hanna.
Jessica Barden is also quite good as the daughter in a hippie family that Hanna travels with.
The action sequences coupled with the music from The Chemical Brothers,are slick fast and well choreographed.
Throughout the film there are perfect balances,of drama,humor,and suspense.
Its only the end of the film which is a bit lackluster that i had a problem with it just felt like the film was going in circles at that point.
Still with that minor flaw Hanna is one of the best film so far in 2011.

Your Highness

For most of it's 102 minute running time Your Highness is quite funny.
I found myself laughing out loud and shaking my head at the insanity of it all.
All 3 leads are great Danny McBride, James Franco, Natalie Portman.
I liked the nods to sword and sandal flicks like Clash of The Titans.
But during the second half the jokes are replaced by a surprising amount of blood
and gore and a ton of SFX(Think of the Force Lightning from Star Wars coming from hands,the sky,and who knows where else!
If you're offended by sexual humor,bodily fluids or anything else you can think of stay far away from this flick.
Scale of 1-10 a 7

Leaves you with a couple of head scratches but the 3 leads get you to invest in the characters at the center of a compelling snapshot narrative. The whole thing is tightly woven by Jones despite the difficulty of the script. 8/10

The 1963 version ? Was it restored and cleaned for the BRay ?

Yes . There's no dnr but the print doesn't have any scratches or anything like that. So it's a little grainy but also much clearer than ever.

Yes . There's no dnr but the print doesn't have any scratches or anything like that. So it's a little grainy but also much clearer than ever.

Thanks.
I just checked on Amazon, the BRay is only available in the US, there is no EU version yet ( and maybe never ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"