What's The Last Movie You Watched? XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full Metal Jacket

10/10

inkoriginal.jpg

Ink (2009)

I haven't watched this in a while and I decided to rewatch it for the holiday season. I don't know how but it gets better and better with every viewing. It's a film that I like to call the modern "It's A Wonderful Life" with scifi elements. It's a powerful and emotional film with some of the best music of all time. If you haven't seen this and you know me on the hype, please watch this movie. While it's a low budget film, the story is so strong and underrated it's shocking this film isn't talked about often.
10/10

I was half expecting Jean Reno to screw De Niro over. :woot:

Same here and it would of made a better film imo.

Mission: Impossible II

Beowulf. First time watching it. Was pretty awesome. Winstone, Gleeson and Hopkins did great work here.

Same here and it would of made a better film imo.

It would have been a bit predictable though given Mission Impossible. Though I liked the fact throughout the film I was suspicious of him. Others screwed him over, so Reno was still a possibility. Though I liked how he remained loyal to him at the end.

Beowulf. First time watching it. Was pretty awesome. Winstone, Gleeson and Hopkins did great work here.

Really? This was pretty comedic as unintentional as it might have been. I mean the objects substituting for Beowulf's private parts were pretty damn funny. And I didn't like how Grendel was treated as some weak mentally challenged child.

I laughed my ass off at the part where Grendel wakes up and screams at the camera. :funny:

When they fight Grendal? Yea i thought it was hilarious how all these objects kept blocking Beowulf's tool :funny:

But I thought Beowulf's character arc was great and Winstone really sold it with his voice acting. I liked the changes to the story as well, thought it worked well. Making Grendal a more sympathetic character worked for me.

The score was also pretty awesome.

The score was good and I liked the change to the end myself. Because the bee thing in the book... not gonna work so much in a movie. Ray Winstone was a great choice for Beowulf though. Reading the book I heard his voice.

Though Grendel could have been more scary and in control. That's just me. To me it seemed he was a momma's boy.

Vjcgt.jpg

My opinion from the first viewing still stands unfortunately. Daniel Day-Lewis' performance is simply put impressive and outstanding but besides the acting the movie felt very unbalanced, it just seems to skip over certain aspects of the story and instead of letting it develop naturally over the course of the film and while it shows the ups and down of his life in the end it felt very rushed.

3/5

invention_of_lying.jpg

The Invention of Lying
It's like a reverse version of Liar Liar, but less funny. It works in the little details, it isn't laugh out loud stuff, and it doesn't stretch the premise as far as it can go, it actually plays too safe for my taste, with a romantic subplot that's a snooze fest.
I really like Gervais, but I prefer him in interviews and stand-up routines, he doesn't seem to get a decent movie-vehicle for his charm. This movie could've been one, but it's a wasted oportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"