What's The Last Movie You Watched? XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
3ikji.jpg

Ronin

A good straight up crime drama with Robert De Niro being Robert De Niro. I love his interaction with Jean Reno and I kinda wish the movie was more centered around those two than an ensemble cast (not that i'm saying the ensemble cast was bad or anything). Best part of the film was the car chases, it still holds up to today's standards. The film took the Seven Samurai approach in a sense and place them in a Reservoir Dogs setting.
8.5/10

Melancholia 6/10- While the directing and acting was well done (though I thought Dunst was the least notable actor in this) the story dragged to tedious degrees at as the film went on.

Super 8. Awesome Movie!!

10/10

xx24l.jpg

Now this was a very moving and absorbing film, it hits on the emotional spots at the right time and although it follows a traditional route when it comes to a sports movie with the three actors gives out good performances which made it stand out from other similar movies. Nolte was outstanding and was at his best in a long time and both Hardy & Edgerton showed that they are a force to reckon with. By Hardy you could just focus on the eyes during the fight scenes, so intense.

Great entertaining fight scenes too, and unfortunately it is not cliché free, it doesn't matter because of the implementation of the whole movie turns out to be excellent.

4/5

Merantau

Amazing action in this film. Count me the hell in for The Raid and anything else Garth Evans wants to put his talent to.

4/5

K-PAX

As a fan of Lost, I like the flick's style. It's a nice character piece that is open to interpretation.

4/5

Have you read the novel of 'Being There'? It's really short, wouldn't last long, not really a true novel I would even say, given it's short length.
I have read those types of books before, they don't last long, or are as intense as the real novels.
But, y'know, I guess if it's you've never experienced the real thing, you would be under the delusion you were reading one.

3ikji.jpg

Ronin

A good straight up crime drama with Robert De Niro being Robert De Niro. I love his interaction with Jean Reno and I kinda wish the movie was more centered around those two than an ensemble cast (not that i'm saying the ensemble cast was bad or anything). Best part of the film was the car chases, it still holds up to today's standards. The film took the Seven Samurai approach in a sense and place them in a Reservoir Dogs setting.
8.5/10

Nice. A great car chase as well. Better than The French Connection's.

I was half expecting Jean Reno to screw De Niro over. :woot:

Green Lantern (2011) - extended cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"