What's The Last Movie You Watched? XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which one and what'd you think? I guess that's going to have to be specified for now on.

I saw the Swedish film with English dubbing. I loved it. It has an excellent mystery, and I hope that the new film is just as good at keeping it.

I hadn't realized the American film has been making the rounds so soon. I love the director so I'll defiantly going to see it.

25782.jpg

8/10

One of the most underrated Bond films. Yes, it could have been 5-10 minutes shorter and probably had sharper action, but it had a good story with well developed characters (rare for Bond), save for Denise Richards (who was secondary anyway to Sophie Marceau). Plus it has one of the best openings on the river Thames and the nuclear silo shootout was a memorable Bond setpiece as well.

I enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Tangled 3.5/5

Jackass 3 2.5/5

Red Cliff

Four and a half hours of pure unrestrained John Woo that completely breezed past like a 90 minute film. It was amazing to see such brilliant military strategy employed in a period film like this rather than just two side running at each other in a hack and slash. The understated performances between the lead General and the strategist where fantastic, sort of like the coffee table scene with Pacino and De Niro in Heat, but they're on the same side.

5/5

Immortals

The polar opposite of Red Cliff in intelligence. Mickey Rourke stole the show, I want his beer gut made of muscle. As a Greek I had no problem with Frieda Pinto (and her amazing arse) or the African American extras appearing in the film, so everyone who had a ***** about Idris Elba in Thor, shame on you, grow up. Henry Cavill came off a bit bland, which is a worry, when he got out Supermaned by Luke Evans.

I'm glad I didn't see this in 3D, when Pinto got her arse out, I would've started licking the air in the theatre.

3/5

Last edited:
Road to Perdition
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

StarWars03.jpg

(Theatrical Version)

10/10

empire.jpg

(Theatrical Version)

10/10

return_of_the_jedi-3.jpg

(Theatrical Version)