What's with you guys?

user123456789

Avenger
Reaction score
MJ says this to Peter after her show, when she notices that there is tension between him and Harry.

Is it me or does it sound like she didn't make the following connection?

Peter = Spiderman
Norman = GG
Spiderman "kills" GG
Peter "kills" Norman
Norman is Harry's father
thus,
Harry is mad (to say the least) at Peter

Perhaps an error in the script?

He obviously never told MJ of the Goblin lineage.

I wonder who MJ thinks Doc Ock was referring to when he said "I should have known Osborn wouldn't have the spine to finish you".

I wonder who MJ thinks Doc Ock was referring to when he said "I should have known Osborn wouldn't have the spine to finish you".
Ozzy Osbourne?

x93136520201585725.jpg

Different spelling of Osborn I know :oldrazz::hyper:

Yeah, no one ever really discussed this but it seems like Peter left MJ pretty much in the dark about all his Spiderman affairs. Maybe she doesnt want to know, or he doesnt want her to worry, but I think its pretty careless for him not to tell her that Harry put on a costume and tried to murder him. You'd think he would let her know that it might be a good idea to avoid making any kind of breakfast foods with him or hanging out/making out with him in general, even if he does have comic book amnesia. He's all ready dealt with the concept of his enemies attacking people close to him, so you'd think he would keep her informed on whats going on.

I myself am a real life costumed vigilante and as hard as it is for some of citizens I'm close to to hear, I always make a point to keep them aware of my adventures of heroism.

mj knows he accidentally killed the burglar though... not sure why she wouldn't know about this... she probably just doesn't know that harry knows peter is spider-man

Remember Harry and MJ were still good friends despite his differences with Spidey and he attended her wedding after he found out Pete's secret, so it would seem that he didn't want to ruin the good friendship that they had. And if she knew Harry's father was the same guy who kidnapped her and threw her off a bridge, i think MJ would act really different around Harry.

I got a better question, why did Peter Parker start crying when MJ broke up with him???? Would any real man cry if a girl dumped him? Even if it was the dream love of his life?

I got a better question, why did Peter Parker start crying when MJ broke up with him???? Would any real man cry if a girl dumped him? Even if it was the dream love of his life?

My problem with that scene was that it happened in the first place. OK, so Harry threatens MJ and she has to "break up" with Peter. When she met up with Peter at the park, she couldn't just say or whisper to Peter that Harry has threatened her life and is a serious threat to them!?!? Her bf is f'n Spider-Man for christs sake!! That scene was ridiculous! :cmad:

My problem with that scene was that it happened in the first place. OK, so Harry threatens MJ and she has to "break up" with Peter. When she met up with Peter at the park, she couldn't just say or whisper to Peter that Harry has threatened her life and is a serious threat to them!?!? Her bf is f'n Spider-Man for christs sake!! That scene was ridiculous! :cmad:

Hahaha, exactly!

You should go to the rate and review thread and see some of the poor excuses people are trying to make for that shoddy writing.

It would have made more sense for her to just have broken up with him by herself. Its like in sitcoms when someone is caught doing something outrageous that is taken out of context, and instead of explaining what the deal actually was, they just do something more outrageous to rectify it.

It would have made more sense for her to just have broken up with him by herself. Its like in sitcoms when someone is caught doing something outrageous that is taken out of context, and instead of explaining what the deal actually was, they just do something more outrageous to rectify it.
Yeah, I hate that.

That is really the worst hole in the movie, for me, which I just ignore because I can still enjoy the movie. All the others are at least justifiable in some way not mentioned in the movie. But her breaking up with him because of a threat? Makes little sense.

I bet originally she broke up with him on her own when Raimi and his brother penned it, but the studio thought that makes her look too bad and makes Peter look like too much of a dick to bring it about on himself. So they retooled it so that she was forced to. On the bright side it makes Harry the villain who cut Peter deepest in the movies between that and the coffee shop scene, but it makes little sense other then she maybe didn't want to see them fight. I dunno.

I myself am a real life costumed vigilante and as hard as it is for some of citizens I'm close to to hear, I always make a point to keep them aware of my adventures of heroism.

Hard, or funny?

Or are you a police officer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"