What's your latest read?

I just read this crazy batman story about batman falling off a building, bashing his head in and losing his memory, pretty damn good, very funny as well as having you worry about batman's well being. it was in a legends of the dark knight, no 168.

I just read this crazy batman story about batman falling off a building, bashing his head in and losing his memory, pretty damn good, very funny as well as having you worry about batman's well being. it was in a legends of the dark knight, no 168.
I like that story! :funny:

yeah, it was very unexpected, ive been reading a lot of lotdk comics recently, this one stood out.

reading more batman lotdk.....read 3parter 'loyalties', where corrupt cops and gangsters from gordon's past in chicago catched up to him and batman has to travel to chicago to save him.
practically a batman year two here, pretty pretty good, artwork is great too. issues 159-161

even better was a story called 'irresistable' *slight begining of story spoilers* about this young guy who has a facial deformaty and its doing his head in, but he has a psychic power where he can get anyone to do anything he wants as long as he shakes their bare hand.
Batman cant figure out how this kid is getting rich and follows him about....no more spoilers...get on ebay and buy bm lotdk issues 169-171 very good read

batman lotdk 'blink' no156-158

pretty good one about a blind guy who can see through the eyes of others when he touches them, and touches a murderer batman is trying to find.

batman lotdk nos109-111 the primal riddle

interesting story where the riddler almost kills batman, but batman loses his soul in the process, and is going about like a monotone robot trying to get his soul back while defeating the riddler. lots of riddles in this one, good ones too.

Batman lotdk 'freeze's final rest' nos190-191

an ok 2 parter about me freeze on a suicide trip, i guess the best mrfreeze story is what is coming up next , batman snow, couldnt see anyone selling those issues on ebay, so it must be good if they are hanging onto their originals. I ordered the tpb , which was not that cheap, but cheap enough given some of the outragous prices sellers were asking.

Batman lotdk 'the secret city' nos180-181

more of an oracle story than Batman, as they investigate the killings of computer hackers and oracle discovers a secret virtual city where all the world's hackers and cyber criminals hang out, so she goes into it as a batgirl avatar. not bad.

Okay, I finished Zero Hour: Crisis in Time. I like the idea and what it tries to do. The artwork is pretty good, although there's some inconsistency. But for me there are two main problems;

First, Dan Jurgens ain't no Marv Wolfman. Jurgens' concept is good - attempting to tidy up some stuff that CoIE left hanging - but he isn't the writer for something like this. For me it's the CB equivalent of Jason Statham tackling Shakespeare (which I would actually, definitely watch!); he's good at what he does but there are some things he doesn't have the weight for. It's a real shame Wolfman didn't do ZH.

Second, the collected edition suffers from 'tie-in dependancy'. It contains Showcase '94 # 8–9 as a lead-in and the core series. None of the tie-ins are present. I just counted and there are 29 of them (that's in addition to the 42 'Zero Month' # 0 issues that followed). I know some core series read fine without the tie-ins - but Zero Hour isn't one of them. There's obviously a heck of a lot that we don't see but which gets obliquely yet prominently referenced, leaving you scratching your head (thank **** for the internet!).

Overall a nice idea but I wish they'd do a ZH tie-in collection, along the lines of the upcoming Crisis on Infinite Earths Companion which collects the CoIE tie-ins.

Edit: Just skimmed Goodreads - seems a lot of readers feel the same.
I would agree as well. Plus, has there ever been a character design that is more “product of its time” than the one for Waverider? He looks straight out of a hair band.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"