Whedon's Moving to Cabin in the Woods

Good flick, solid entertainment. Proves that Whedon's better at meta stuff.

I need this baby on blu ray right now. Just 2 more weeks to go I think.

I just watched it. I loved it. What an interesting and original take on a horror film, and the horror genre in general. The whole final act was so much fun to watch. It reminded me a lot of the Evil Dead series in regards to the comical aspects of it. Like the [BLACKOUT] evil unicorn[/BLACKOUT]. :lmao:

I watched it again today. I just can't get over how much I love this movie. Whedon did a great job

Just saw the movie, ****ing loved it! Lived up to the hype! I want more, but not sure how a prequel would work without being too generic, a post apocalyptic sequel maybe, but would probably need an Avengers sized budget. Perhaps a sequel/prequel would work better as a comic?

Merman scence was hilarious!

Did anyone spot the sexy witches?

I found it hilarious that the last line is exactly what the audience thinks lol

I did a blind buy on this today because of the positive reviews. I didn't think it was hilarious or "turned the genre on it's head". However it's a great homage to the genre and I really enjoyed the last half hour. It was just full of holy s*** moments and the cameo was a complete surprise to me.

Have this pre-ordered, should arrive next week, cant wait to see it again just to try and spot some more monsters in the last 30 mins.

Saw this movie last weekend, after my cousin recommended it. I gotta say, i was positively impressed with it, wasnt really sure of what to expect, cause i dont really like the gory, slasher movies. I liked the underlying theme, kinda reminded me of the Matrix a bit, but of course this movie took it to a whole different place.

Extra features on the DVD are so skimpy. No deleted scenes made me sad.

Loved the creature features but I really wanted to see every creature in this movie. They have some hilarious scenes on the monitors in the control room but you have to look close. One of them are two goblins driving around in a golf cart running over people.

They do show some more monsters in the creature feature but it's too quick.

I would really love a sequel or another movie. Even a prequel would be awesome with a Jurassic Park vibe where maybe something malfunctions and they have to run around up stairs catching monsters. I need more Jenkins and Whitford. I would also love to see Sigourney kicking some monster ass. Even a movie of another country failing would be great. I just need more.

Last edited:
Enough cannot be said for Drew Goddard. He really knocked it out of the park for his first feature. It has to be a bit weird though, gaining some fame for his work, years after the film was made and in the can.

I'm very excited that he is scripting Spielberg's next, Robopocalypse.

I hope to see more directorial work from Goddard as well.

Drew Goddard did a live chat on io9 earlier.

Someone asked him what happenned after the film ends.

His answer
Everyone you love would be killed, all your favorite places in the world burned to ash, all the hopes and dreams of humanity gone in a fiery maelstrom of horrific violence. I would have showed it all in loving detail, but I ran out of money.

Enough cannot be said for Drew Goddard. He really knocked it out of the park for his first feature. It has to be a bit weird though, gaining some fame for his work, years after the film was made and in the can.

I'm very excited that he is scripting Spielberg's next, Robopocalypse.

I hope to see more directorial work from Goddard as well.

This. I'm very happy with Goddard's work with Cabin in the Woods. Can't wait to see what the future holds.

? I thought he was a prophet who went bad... 'Supernatural' reference... kinda...

Bought DVD yesterday, still awesome!

Have this pre-ordered, should arrive next week, cant wait to see it again just to try and spot some more monsters in the last 30 mins.

There's a Reaver from Firefly. I'd love to get a full list. Also it helps watching the behind the scenes on visual effects.

I got a good chuckle out of the school girls [BLACKOUT]defeating[/BLACKOUT] the evil ghost. I'm already going to watch it again this weekend.

If I'm not mistaken, Kevin is a mildmannered Best Buy employee who violently kills (eats?) people on the weekend.

You are correct. Not sure about the eating but the creators said he is a seemingly normal guy who works at Best Buy who occasionally becomes very violent and kills people in spectacular ways.

You are correct. Not sure about the eating but the creators said he is a seemingly normal guy who works at Best Buy who occasionally becomes very violent and kills people in spectacular ways.

Yeah, I've just seen stills of him holding intestines.

lol so where are all those people who insisted it was meant to be Kevin from Sin City? :oldrazz:

Kevin is a mildmannered Best Buy employee who violently kills (eats?) people on the weekend.

Sounds like Mr. Brooks if he hit rock bottom. X D

this movie blew me away...literally in my top 10 of all time

There's a Reaver from Firefly. I'd love to get a full list. Also it helps watching the behind the scenes on visual effects.

I got a good chuckle out of the school girls [BLACKOUT]defeating[/BLACKOUT] the evil ghost. I'm already going to watch it again this weekend.

Woah, will have to look out for that, cant believe I missed it. Only thing is there has been a massive problem with the blu-ray here in the UK, every disc skips all the way through, there has been a mass recall and a new release date of October 15th, its crazy.

I loved this movie! My only gripe was
Thor dying.
:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"