Wheel of Time

The finale was rough, for sure. It's a shame because I really liked episodes 2-4 a lot. Had some issues with episodes 5-7 but still enjoyed them. But the finale was possibly the worst episode of the season, and it's what so much of the season was building towards, so that's a downer.

Hopefully the next season's production will go a little smoother and they will be allowed to flesh out the storytelling a bit more in editing, so many elements felt rushed through or not set up properly by the end of the season. It's a streaming show, even if they can't have more episodes, where's the harm in letting some episodes go 10-15 minutes longer?

I was okay with some of the changes but there are a few things that didn't feel consistent (particularly stuff involving the magic system and some of the character motivations for certain things are a bit inscrutable right now) and I honestly am not sure if the writers have set themselves up in a good place with some of these storylines. We'll see.

I can't muster up any anticipation for this. The whole first season soured more and more in my memory the more I thought about the back half of it.

I will still check out S2 and hopefully it can win me over. I do like books 2-4 in the series, I wonder if the next couple seasons will bear any resemblance to them.

Earlier reports called this "The Age of Legends", but it seems the newer articles no longer mention anything about that, just that it's set before the main Wheel of Time story. So I wonder how far in the past it will be. Will it still be based in the Age of Legends, or will it be something closer to New Spring?

Only catching up now, this season has been excellent so far, particularly the last 3 episodes

It's already out? I had no idea, damn, will get right on that!

Not familiar with the books, but catching up with last nights episode I get the feeling that Egwene’ is in for a really really bad time

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"