When do you think time will actually effect the DCU?

I'm hoping Alan remembers that the Starheart can keep him in perfect condition sometime soon. Jay and maybe even Ted I can handle dying, but if Alan goes, that'll make Hal the most senior human GL, and that would just suck.

Also, how's Aquaman a grandparent? Koryak had kids? :confused:

Garth has a kid. That may be stretching it, though.

TheCorpulent1 said:
I'm hoping Alan remembers that the Starheart can keep him in perfect condition sometime soon. Jay and maybe even Ted I can handle dying, but if Alan goes, that'll make Hal the most senior human GL, and that would just suck.

Also, how's Aquaman a grandparent? Koryak had kids? :confused:

He adopted Garth as his son, so Ceridian is technically his grandchild

I wasn't aware he adopted Garth. I thought Garth was just his faithful companion, but not as gay as that sounds.

BrianWilly said:
Officially, nine years had passed since COIE in the DCU at the time of Infinite Crisis. This was stated in Wonder Woman #226.

With OYL, that makes it ten years now in the DCU since COIE, which was about twenty years ago in our real world, yes?

Only 10 years since COIE? Hmmm, I don't know, but that just makes me feel a bit uneasy. I thought at least maybe 15 years or something. Could Zero Hour have also played a hand in this?

And say in the real world, we eventually do get flying cars and towering steel buildings and **** like that. Do you all think DC comics will create another time altering reboot so that it can match our world like they've been doing and never let their heroes age past 50? Will they finally let new people take over the mantle of their great heroes?

What does flying cars have to do with anything? If there is suddenly flying cars then they'll just add flying cars. Like they did with freakin SUV's and cell phones and PDA's. They aren't still riding around in 57 Chevys.

Yeah, technology not generated by super-geniuses and aliens tends to match whatever we have in the real world without any explanation.

The "around ten years" thing makes some sense, even in relation to other books.

During Kevin Smith's Green Arrow "Quiver" arc, it was stated that the soulless Ollie had the ten years prior to his death erased, that the last thing he remembered was taking the road trip with Hal. The interim between Ollie/Hal's road trip and COIE versus the interim between Ollie's death and his rebirth is about the same, meaning the "ten years" thing synchs up more or less. Not perfectly, but more or less.

TheCorpulent1 said:
I wasn't aware he adopted Garth. I thought Garth was just his faithful companion, but not as gay as that sounds.
Actually, back in the day he was "just" his faithful companion. Garth was never really adopted as a ward or anything by like Robin and Speedy were, he was just some kid that hung around Aquaman.

Recently though, they've been shoe-horning in the notion that they always had a father/son thing. In a Titans issue Roy mentions that Arthur once sent Garth to Scotland for schooling, and at the end of Obsidian Age Arthur outright calls Garth his son, something that he'd supposedly never done before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"