• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

When sarcasm goes wrong

PyroChamber

Not lactose, it's milk!
Reaction score
Has there ever been a situation where you were being sacastic and for one reason or another it got you in trouble, especially if the person you were being sacastic to didn't get it?

Yeah, this thread is awesome. Make a few more. :dry:

Not get me in trouble, some people just aren't with it like I am. :o

Try being black and using sarcasm, some brothers don't get it and think I'm being serious with them.

Well, I just ordered this book...what book you ask?
The book that this freaking thread is about that got lost in the mix of how many **** are going to hell.
I will review it as soon as I can read it.

There is some bad sarcasm for you!

If its a friend it's ok to use it but if you just met the person It might be the last thing you want to do . I have made myself look like a jerk before by doing that . One time I made a remark about someone's car and it was these girls i had just started hanging out with , it went over their head and they thought i must just be stupid.

My sarcasm doesn't get me in trouble itself. Just the fact that my tone rarely changes makes everyone have to question everything I say.

I tend to be very serious when I use sarcasm or any type of humor, and the one time it got me in trouble was when a friend of mine was drinking. I don't even remember what I said, because it was so petty; but that began a week-long standoff.

I've since cut back on it around her.

It only gets you in trouble if you don't know how and when to use it.

It only gets you in trouble if you don't know how and when to use it.

Like if I approached you and said, "Hey, you're really too old to be wearing lingerie on the outside of your jeans like that". That would probably be inappropriately sarcastic because lingerie on the outside of denim jeans is open to all ages.

ALL THE F-ING TIME! My humor is so dry that even people who have known me for years have to ask if I am joking sometimes. It really sucks, because as some have pointed out. It can get you in trouble fast, especially with da ladies.

Especially with da married ladies.

Damn you sarcasm...

Has there ever been a situation where you were being sacastic and for one reason or another it got you in trouble, especially if the person you were being sacastic to didn't get it?

Define trouble.

But there are plenty of times where I've pissed off people because I said something sarcastic, and I then walk away with a smile on my face

Oh no, I'm never sarcastic so sarcasm has never gotten me into any trouble.

Some people just don't get sarcasm . . . and some people can't spell it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"